News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Hex Problem

Started by Agent Gouki, April 22, 2012, 08:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Gouki

I'm having a bit of trouble here; See, I downloaded Courtnall6's "Black Archer" hexed mesh and skin. After following the download instruction to the letter (Create a mesh and skin folder added hex character.nif and Grenadier's Taskmaster keyframe...), I booted up the game and found the mesh to be completely blank. I'm not sure what is it that I'm doing wrong, but that's I've been getting is either a blank character or BOX, is there that I'm supposed to use or something?

stumpy

Is this for FF or FFvT3R? Steam or CD install? What you describe sounds like an issue where a file or folder is in the wrong place, which happens quite often.

Check out this thread about a similar problem, it has examples of where the files and folders go for the game to recognize a mesh. If you are still stuck, post the details (like this, the tree /f command from a Windows command window is useful) of your file and folder setup for the mesh.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Agent Gouki

It is  :ff: on disc format actually. Like I said before, I followed the instruction to the letter after downloading hexed mesh and skin folder:
Instructions about the Hex:
QuoteCreate a new folder in your custom_ characters named "Black Archer". Extract character.nif to this folder. Copy and paste Taskmaster keyframes here as well. Create a new folder within the Black Archer folder called "skins". Inside the skins folder create another folder called "standard" and extract  the Black Archer.zip contents in here.
I checked to see if there was anything I may have had miswritten but no all the "T" were crossed and the "I" were doted. There was absolutely nothing made the hexed meshes any different from the rest of the normal meshes.
Quote└─freedom force\Data\Art\custom_characters
     └─Black_Archer
         ├─CHARACTER.nif
         ├─keyframes.kf
         └─skins
             └─standard
                 ├─male_basic.tga
                 ├─male_basic_lightmap.tga
                 ├─male_basic_refl.tga
                 ├─Portrait.tga
                 ├─Taskmaster_extras.tga
                 ├─Taskmaster_extras_refl.tga
                 ├─weapons.tga
                 └─weapons_refl.tga

Cyber Burn

You seem to be missing the (_glow) files.

Agent Gouki

Alright after adding the "Male_Basic" "Taskmaster_Extras" "Weapons" _glow files, I can now actually see the skin but it's somehow smaller than the normal-looking meshes with black wires coming out of the character. Also I tried using this method with my cubed problem, but there was still no luck.

Amazo Version 2.2

i dont know about the black wires, but if i remember right, the taskmaster mesh shows of smaller in the character tool and in character creation becuase of all the extras attached to it.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Agent Gouki

Well it's good to know that the size thing isn't a problem, anyway the whole wire issue was that a couple of black lines appeared in front of the character like a stick outline when an artist is doing a rough sketch. Also I was using the keyframe from Grenadier's cordless version of Taskmaster for the mesh but it seems to be unresponsive.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Agent Gouki on May 02, 2012, 08:05:28 AM
Also I was using the keyframe from Grenadier's cordless version of Taskmaster for the mesh but it seems to be unresponsive.

There's your problem. The regular Taskmaster and the cordless Taskmaster are separate meshes, each with their own set of keyframes. Sometimes you can swap keyframes between different meshes, but this is one of the cases where it won't work. (the cords are part of the mesh, and it needs the special keyframes to control how the cords appear and disappear for different animations)

Agent Gouki

Quote from: JKCarrier on May 02, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Quote from: Agent Gouki on May 02, 2012, 08:05:28 AM
Also I was using the keyframe from Grenadier's cordless version of Taskmaster for the mesh but it seems to be unresponsive.

There's your problem. The regular Taskmaster and the cordless Taskmaster are separate meshes, each with their own set of keyframes. Sometimes you can swap keyframes between different meshes, but this is one of the cases where it won't work. (the cords are part of the mesh, and it needs the special keyframes to control how the cords appear and disappear for different animations)

It was said by Grenadier himself that Cordless version was to be only for hexed characters, so I don't think that was the definite problem. But it didn't matter anyway, as I had the Taskmaster files replace from the cordless to the original there was no change in movement, so in a fit of rage I had deleted the Black Archer folder entirely from the custom characters.  :banghead: But when I booted up the game and looked in the custom area of character section the Black Archer (Now back to a Blank outline mesh.) was still listed there, now I'm just completely ticked and is at my wits end (Whatever intelligence I have left anyway...) at this point, I really need to cool off but I gotta ask how did no one have these problems to begin with?

Outcast

Where exactly did you get/download that "Black Archer" hex and skin?  :huh: I don't seem to have it my C6 skin collection :o (shocked!). So i can't say that i've encountered that problem. Maybe if you could tell us where you got it....we could be of more help? :)

Agent Gouki

Quote from: Outcast on May 12, 2012, 02:30:52 PM
Where exactly did you get/download that "Black Archer" hex and skin?  :huh: I don't seem to have it my C6 skin collection :o (shocked!). So i can't say that i've encountered that problem. Maybe if you could tell us where you got it....we could be of more help? :)

The hex and skin are part of a Squadron Supreme pack that can be found at; http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Courtnall6_skins3/.

Outcast

Ah now i remember... :doh: I did have that same problem before. :wacko: It was for a different character but nevertheless it was also a Grenadier TM mesh (with cords version). Daglob helped me on that one. It was years ago, but i was also looking for compatible keyframes for the TM mesh at the TIME. Check the link. I'm pretty sure it will work this time. :)

laughing paradox

Grenadier created a dedicated Black Archer mesh that may also help you out. Check it out under the Grenadier section, it's called SSup_Black_Archer_Gren

http://ffcenter.net/champions/

Agent Gouki

Thanks to everyone's help (Especially to Cyber Burn and Outcast) I've finally managed to get the Squadron's Archer Looking right.
Spoiler
└─freedom force\Data\Art\custom_characters
     └─Black_Archer
         ├─CHARACTER.nif
         ├─keyframes.kf <--(From: TM_2_Male_Basic_Ranger)
         └─skins
             └─standard
                 ├─male_basic.tga
                 ├─male_basic_glow.tga
                 ├─male_basic_lightmap.tga
                 ├─male_basic_refl.tga
                 ├─Portrait.tga
                 ├─Taskmaster_extras.tga
                 ├─Taskmaster_extras_glow.tga
                 ├─Taskmaster_extras_refl.tga
                 ├─weapons.tga
                 ├─weapons_glow.tga
                 └─weapons_refl.tga

But right now I'm having trouble with a different hexed mesh, this time it is the Connor Hawke and Green Arrow by Courtnall6. Now this has been a little bit more trickier as their respective readme docs didn't give me much detailed instructions as I just followed it as best I could and slapped the folder together.
     └─Connor_Hawke
         ├─character.nif
         ├─keyframes.kf <--(From Vertex's vx_male_archer)
         └─skins
             └─standard
                 ├─extras.tga
                 ├─extras_glow.tga
                 ├─extras_refl.tga
                 ├─male.tga
                 ├─male_glow.tga
                 ├─male_lightmap.tga
                 ├─male_refl.tga
                 └─Portrait.tga
Only to get this:
Spoiler
And the same with the Green Arrow (Only with Vertex's own vxGreen_Arrow) Mesh, I'm honestly lost on what to exactly do to fix this.

Outcast

Quote from: Agent Gouki on April 30, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
...right now I'm having trouble with a different hexed mesh, this time it is the Connor Hawke and Green Arrow by Courtnall6. Now this has been a little bit more trickier as their respective readme docs didn't give me much detailed instructions as I just followed it as best I could and slapped the folder together.
     └─Connor_Hawke
         ├─character.nif
         └─skins
             └─standard
                 ├─extras.tga
                 ├─extras_glow.tga
                 ├─extras_refl.tga
                 ├─male.tga
                 ├─male_glow.tga
                 ├─male_lightmap.tga
                 ├─male_refl.tga
                 └─Portrait.tga
Only to get this:
Spoiler
And the same with the Green Arrow (Only with Vertex's own vxGreen_Arrow) Mesh, I'm honestly lost on what to exactly do to fix this.

It seems that the hexed nifs included with those C6 skins are already converted to FFVT3R. That's why you're getting the white cube. If you're already familiar with using Nifskope, i think you could reproduce those hexed nifs. Some hexed nifs simply hide some parts of the original mesh. As far as i can tell, from the Connor Hawke's hexed nif, the vxbow_on_back, and vxwig of the vxmale_archer mesh were the ones hidden. Then for the vxgreen_arrow hexed nif, only the vxbelt-oval of the vxgreen_arrow mesh was hidden.

I've already tested them out and they seem to work fine. But if you're not yet that familiar with Nifskope and in a hurry, i can just send you the skoped nifs i have? :)

Agent Gouki

Quote from: Outcast on April 30, 2013, 02:57:53 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Agent Gouki on April 30, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
...right now I'm having trouble with a different hexed mesh, this time it is the Connor Hawke and Green Arrow by Courtnall6. Now this has been a little bit more trickier as their respective readme docs didn't give me much detailed instructions as I just followed it as best I could and slapped the folder together.
     └─Connor_Hawke
         ├─character.nif
         └─skins
             └─standard
                 ├─extras.tga
                 ├─extras_glow.tga
                 ├─extras_refl.tga
                 ├─male.tga
                 ├─male_glow.tga
                 ├─male_lightmap.tga
                 ├─male_refl.tga
                 └─Portrait.tga
Only to get this:
Spoiler
It seems that the hexed nifs included with those C6 skins are already converted to FFVT3R. That's why you're getting the white cube. If you're already familiar with using Nifskope, i think you could reproduce those hexed nifs. Some hexed nifs simply hide some parts of the original mesh. As far as i can tell, from the Connor Hawke's hexed nif, the vxbow_on_back, and vxwig of the vxmale_archer mesh were the ones hidden. Then for the vxgreen_arrow hexed nif, only the vxbelt-oval of the vxgreen_arrow mesh was hidden.

I've already tested them out and they seem to work fine. But if you're not yet that familiar with Nifskope and in a hurry, i can just send you the skoped nifs i have? :)

Seriously, that was the problem? Well thanks, but after thinking about it I'll just use the meshes for FFvsTTR.