News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Free Enterprise-F Odyssey Class Cruiser

Started by BlueBard, January 26, 2012, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

I just wanted to report that Cryptic is planning to offer a FREE Enterprise-F Odyssey class cruiser during the 2nd Year Anniversary Celebration (Feb 2 thru Feb 6).

This is the winning concept from the fan design contest and is officially sanctioned by CBS as the next ship to bear the Enterprise name.  It is reputed to be the largest starship ever built by Starfleet.

Link: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2839

Completing a shakedown cruise mission gives the player the right to claim it upon reaching Vice Admiral rank.  Apparently you must be at least level 5 to do the mission, so if you haven't started playing Star Trek Online now is the time to get going.

You do not need to be a VA to earn it, you just can't claim it until you reach VA rank.

Requires: Vice Admiral rank (level 50)

Known (not final) stats:

Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Console Upgrades: 2 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science

Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal

Hull Strength: 42,000
Maximum Warp: 9.996
Turn Rate: 6
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Shield Modifier: 1.15

+10 Power to Shields, +10 Power to Auxiliary
Advanced Slipstream

Likewise, for those who are able to play as Klingons, a new Klingon flagship will also be released at the same time and in a similar fashion.

EDIT: Official stats have been modified, I've updated the above to the best of my current knowledge.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Get it TODAY!

Well, after the commissioning event, anyway.  11 AM PST, I believe.

Gonna get mine tonight!
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Kommando

Well, I can't use it until I hit Vice Admiral (only L12 right now), but the mission was fairly quick and easy and you get to try the ship.

The Q mission is pretty amusing.