News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Custom keyframes

Started by Greenheath, December 23, 2011, 06:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenheath

I just started trying out skinning and I've had some issues, but's another topic. Anyways, the first one i've actually been pleased with is for the  :ffvstr: capeman mesh. However, i was quite disappointed with his animations. Has anybody made a better keyframes file for this guy or at least knows of one that is compatible with it?

Cyber Burn

Check out the original Male_Cape mesh from  :ff:, I believe that both are the same and Gren has some great animation sets over at NPI.

Greenheath

lugaru

Since this was posted in general I thought it was about our own custom keyframes, personally I come with 3 different beer drinking animations.

Greenheath

Haha. Sorry if this in the wrong spot. There wasn't a forum titled "Kwestions fruM n00bs" so I just guessed.

Anyways, I tried the keyframes and they kinda worked. I mean I go tall these great animations but now the character has been rotated 90 degrees so it looks like he's walking on the wall and punching the floor. Is this a screw-up on my end or do the keyframes not work with this mesh?

Cyber Burn

Did you convert both mesh and keys at the same time? If not, that might be an issue.

Greenheath

I'm not sure what you mean. I removed the existing keyframe file. Then copied the new one into the folder. Is there a different way to do this?

Randomdays

I've never done it, but I think he means that to get a FF1 nif to work in FFVTTR, it may work as is, or it may need to be converted to FFVTTR with the nif converter. I think it also hold true for kf's - in your case, instead of just copying the FF1 kf's into the folder, you may have to convert them to FFVTTR.

Again, since I've never done it, I could be wrong.

Cyber Burn

Both mesh and Keyframes needs to be converted in order for many meshes to work in  :ffvstr:.

The information you want is here:

http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Converting+Meshes+for+FFVTTR

Greenheath

No, I'm using a mesh that is on  :ffvstr:, the capeman mesh I believe it is called. I wanted some different keyframes for him and was directed to Grenadier's keyframes hosted on NPI. I did so and put the new keyframes file in the appropriate folder.

The problem is this "now the character has been rotated 90 degrees so it looks like he's walking on the wall and punching the floor" (as quoted from my previous post).
I am not attempting to transfer :ff: meshes to :ffvstr:. However, if Grenadier's keyframes are intended for :ff:, then something might need to be done to make them usable in :ffvstr:. If that is the case then any help would be appreciated.

Randomdays

I think what CB is saying is use EZnif convert to convert just the kfs.

Outcast

From what i understand about EZNif Conversions, keyframes aren't actually the ones being converted but rather it is the mesh which is the one being converted to become compatible with :ffvstr:. After conversion, you can still use the keyframes with other meshes it's compatible with in :ff::unsure:

I believe most of the keyframes in NPI were made for the game  :ff:(or during that time)..., that being said, Grenadier's cape keyframes was probably intended to work on the "male cape" mesh (among others) for  :ff:. The appearance and skinning layout of that mesh is almost identical/if not the same to that of the "cape man" mesh for  :ffvstr:.

If you don't have the original  :ff: game, you can download the male cape mesh here. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Irrationalmeshes4/

Copy over the Grenadier's cape keyframes you want over to the male cape mesh. Then use the EZNifConverter to convert the mesh for  :ffvstr:......and i think that should do it. To use any skin you made for the cape man mesh, copy the tga files from the cape man mesh over to the male cape mesh. Then just rename the tga files accordingly, capeman into male_cape and capeman_cape into male_cape_cape. I'm not sure if there would be any slight differences in appearance due to difference in mapping perhaps. But i hope that helps. :)