Shaboba's Random Creative Nonsense (12/11/11)

Started by Shaboba, December 11, 2011, 08:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaboba

So yeah. I'm an artist. I do art. And I like when people comment on my art! So here ya go.

Shaboba, drawn in pencil and colored in Photoshop:
Spoiler

Malefactor, drawn in pencil and colored in Photoshop:
Spoiler

PS: if anyone were to skope this character for me, or suggest existing meshes to use in said skoping, I would absolutely love you forever...

So yeah. That's all for now. Comment with your opinions, or just look and be amused. Whatever works for you.

PreRaphaelite

First thing's first - Hello Shaboba and congratulations on coming out of the creative closet! It's always a treat to see new (or secret) artists popping up, and seeing how their techniques and inspirations differ from those of other members. 

Of the two pictures you've posted, I must admit Shaboba is probably my favourite. It certainly seems to be the most worked of the two, and there are some attractive looking textures and quite macabre facial expressions going on there. That said, the main critique I have is that the image as a whole looks a little fuzzy which, when combined with the faded-out limbs makes it difficult to get a complete idea of what we're looking at. Maybe by turning down some of the intensity, and clarifying parts of the body, it would give you a more striking image. After all, you don't want to lose all the detail you've built up!

The second piece is certainly a lot clearer, despite seeming a little underdeveloped in comparison. The shading and definition of the body is certainly appreciable, though you might want to double check the proportions of the arms. Also, have a think about adding more gradation to the shading of the abdomen as it seems a little blocky at the moment. Nevertheless, I like that you're clearly not afraid to use colour, and the moody 'What're you looking at' pose/expression is priceless.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.