Main Menu

Started by Cyber Burn, October 22, 2011, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Anyone else just feeling unmotivated to create lately?  :(

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 22, 2011, 04:06:21 PM
Anyone else just feeling unmotivated to create lately?  :(

Agreeing with you is disgusting, but, yes. Welcome to my M-O for the past 3-4 years in regards to FF and sometimes even my own writing.
Disappear when you least expe--

John Jr.

I felt burned after I finished my LSH mod (and the lack of feedback left me still less motivated), then, when I got ready to do something FFVTTR crashed  (for the 3rd time this year)and I cannot make it work again.
Sometimes we can't win... :banghead:

Cyber Burn

I've been having issues with my arthritis, which is why I haven't been skinning, but I just can't get motivated to skope either, partially because I'm not skinning, but also partially because I just feel that most of the things I want to see are above my current skill level.

bearded

it took me a week to figure out how to save and load data with c#. that's a little discouraging, but i'm still plugging away.

area34

I have something like seven different meshs/skins that all are missing one thing. Booster's hair, Iron man's belt, Powerman's boots, ect. ect. Every time I go to finish one I hit a block and start a new one... So I know what you mean.

herodad1

well, been keeping tabs with Gren and he's doing well. as to the creative juices...well...he's gonna kick start those for everyone. cant say anything else. :P

AfghanAnt

I'm actually been working on a lot of FF stuff but I just don't have the time. I wanted to get this stuff out soon (ish) but we will see.

Podmark

I have a 6 skin set coming. I was almost done the final skin...then Arkham City came out. Probably be out sometime in November.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I have a few skopes I did for Benton's Marvel mod, I've started a few for his TMNT mod (But lack the motivation to finish), but I just am not finding anything that I want to skope/skin for myself. :(

lugaru

I have not made anything for Freedom Force in a while... last few mods where for Fallout New Vegas.

That said I'm here more for the community, I go a week without looking at the new skins.

ow_tiobe_sb

Of late, I've stumbled against a rather creative slump (or, as Death's Jester will tell you, I never hit a creative stride) with my musical compositions for mods.  Not only do I largely lack the free time to devote to developing these pieces due to the demands of RL (and a recent respiratory illness), but also, when I do find a few moments to work through possible ideas for particular tunes, I feel as if I could not rub two eighth notes together to come anywhere close to realising a song.

Besides, BentonGrey is such a right royal slave-driver that I feel compelled to make him wait long periods of time before delivering any of his requests.  Of course, I think I might treat all who make such requests this way... :oops:

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

GogglesPizanno

I'm gonna say simply "Ditto"
I think its the general mood of things at large these days...

BentonGrey

Haha, y'all are all bums.  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time.  I've got two completed mods sitting on my hard drive.  I could never find a tester for one, and I need to write one cutscene for the other, but I just haven't had time to do that, or to even take screenshots and prepare a release.  I'm looking forward to January like crazy go nuts.  I did a lot of work a few months ago, a flurry of activity, but everything going on has sort of burnt all the creativity out of me for a bit.  I'm beginning to get the itch to get back to work though.  I just wish I had the time.  I really want to get those mods released and finish up a few more missions in the Marvel mod so it can be in a fit state for release.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 25, 2011, 08:57:18 PM
Haha, y'all are all bums.  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time.  I've got two completed mods sitting on my hard drive.  I could never find a tester for one, and I need to write one cutscene for the other, but I just haven't had time to do that, or to even take screenshots and prepare a release.  I'm looking forward to January like crazy go nuts.  I did a lot of work a few months ago, a flurry of activity, but everything going on has sort of burnt all the creativity out of me for a bit.  I'm beginning to get the itch to get back to work though.  I just wish I had the time.  I really want to get those mods released and finish up a few more missions in the Marvel mod so it can be in a fit state for release.

I know I've been sitting on a bunch of incomplete punk frogs for your TMNT mod, but what do you need to finish the Marvel Mod?

cmdrkoenig67

School work has kept me busy lately...And for a while I felt really unmotivated to work on my mod, because I kept having so much trouble with EZ Script.  I was soooo frustrated. 

Hopefully, I can get back to work on the mods and maybe more map projects soon.

Dana

BentonGrey

There's no hurry on the Punk Frogs, CB.  The Marvel mod doesn't really need anything.  I would definitely love to include your version of the Trapster, but all the Marvel mod needs is for me to finish writing several missions and do some testing.  Since it isn't of the same scope as the DCUG I've got plenty of resources to choose from.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

I'll be glad to test for you, Benton.

I have more free-time than when you last asked, so I should be able to help you out. :)