News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

You ever wonder why we're here?

Started by Tomato, August 20, 2011, 10:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I posted the first of these on ToF, and I'm still not done... but I've got MOST the main team characters (missing one from both sides) and the rest I got are gonna be a bit because I had to get them online.

From left to right... Lopez, Donut, Grif, Simmons, Tex, Crunchbite?, Church, Caboose, Tucker, Sister

Red Team closeup

Blue Team closeup

Glitch Girl

Cute! But I'm curious, what are the base figures from?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

They're made from various Spartans included in the Mega Bloks (lego derivative) Halo sets. Unfortunately they don't come in too many colors, so about half the ones shown here are completely repainted (though all but Crunchbite had some detailing done on the armor)

Tomato

Sorry about the double post, but I had a question for anyone who is a Red vs. Blue fan, or even a Halo fan in general. See, I got a few more minifigs done today (I'll be posting them soon, just waiting on a few other sets to ship) one of which had a dual color scheme (North). I chose to use the Halo 2 style for him, for plot-related reasons (like, y'know, the fact that he died before RvB went to Halo 3).

I'm a bit torn on some of the other dual-colored characters, however. Personally, I find the Halo 3 style more visually appealing, so I lean more to doing most of the characters that way, but I almost have to do South the same as North.

Tomato

Finally got "EVA's last stand" in the mail today, allowing me to finish the jewel of my current RvB Mega Bloks collection. here are some updated shots, including the now completed red team.

Full display

Blue Team

From left to right: Sheila, Sister, Church, Tucker, and Caboose

Misc

From left to right: Crunchbite and Doc

Project Freelancer

From left to right: Tex, North, Washington, and Maine/Meta

Red Team

From left to right: Sarge, Grif, Simmons, Donut, and Lopez

Tomato

Just a minor departure from the RvB stuff (for now anyway) here's an in-progress look at my Mr Freeze figure from the batman legacy line (who had the most unfortunate paint job ever... if you don't believe me, either google it or check out my collection thread on tof). I'm currently waiting for him to dry so I can get all his joints painted, but I intend on detailing him with silver after that.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on September 13, 2011, 11:12:01 PM
Just a minor departure from the RvB stuff (for now anyway) here's an in-progress look at my Mr Freeze figure from the batman legacy line (who had the most unfortunate paint job ever... if you don't believe me, either google it or check out my collection thread on tof). I'm currently waiting for him to dry so I can get all his joints painted, but I intend on detailing him with silver after that.

You mean that other pic wasn't photoshopped? Someone actually released Mr. Freeze looking like that? WoW :huh:

Looking forward to see Freeze finished.

Tomato

Before:

After:

Finished. Mr. Freeze just went from being the dumb figure I can't believe I bought to being the coolest batman figure I own (even more than my new scarecrow, who's pretty awesome in his own right)

Tomato

Updated the group shot with two more characters and some more vehicles, hopefully I'll have some better pics of the new Freelancers when I'm not in the middle of a weird sleep-awake hourly cycle (recovering from a headache)

So far, that's 6 out of 11 freelancers completed. I'm not happy with how South looks in the pics, since she's actually much darker than that.

Tomato

Found a spot in my room with much better light (I need to make a light box, the right amount of light seems to be a recurring problem with my figure photos.

Project Freelancer

From left to right: North, South, Wyoming, Tex, Maine/Meta, and Washington

Tomato

Woo for triple posting! One last thing, then I'll wait... Instead of working on some meshes for TUE like I'd intended, I got really involved in finishing up a project that I've been working on since this nonsense began:

Took me effing forever to get the plans together, but I've got this beast prepped and ready for order.

Tomato

Know I said no more posts... but I started posting these on another board, and I thought you guys would get a kick out of my photo "theme"

-full display as of the beginning of the thread

-the full blue team, now including Captain Flowers (w/needler)

-Four Seven Niner/Pilot/Wash's radio contact

-???? member of freelancers, seen in the "Project Freelancer" poster and in the last episode. WIP until I get an ODST head.

Panther_Gunn

Goddamnit Murs, quit photobombing!!   :angry:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on September 17, 2011, 08:40:16 PM
Woo for triple posting! One last thing, then I'll wait... Instead of working on some meshes for TUE like I'd intended, I got really involved in finishing up a project that I've been working on since this nonsense began:

Took me effing forever to get the plans together, but I've got this beast prepped and ready for order.

Is that a 3D model or a Lego type base? Either way, it looks cool.

On a side note, I finally found my old customs, unfortunately, 7 years in the garage not being stored properly has not been kind to them.

Tomato

It is currently a 3d render of a lego base... I designed it with some official Lego software, which was able to make a list of the components I needed, and I'm currently waiting for them to ship so I can actually build the thing for realz.

Cyber Burn

That is cool, is the Lego software a freebie?

Tomato

yuh, it's called "Lego Digital Designer," should be dl-able from their website.

I'd give you the file for the coagulation base, but the pieces cost $300+... not sure it's worth it unless you're as crazy as me

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on October 02, 2011, 02:54:09 AM
yuh, it's called "Lego Digital Designer," should be dl-able from their website.

I'd give you the file for the coagulation base, but the pieces cost $300+... not sure it's worth it unless you're as crazy as me

I know sanity is not one of my stronger qualities, but my wife would kill me if I spent that much on ANYTHING! :P

Tomato

We interrupt this simple RvB thread for THE MOST AWESOME MEGA BLOK EVER

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on October 09, 2011, 07:19:51 PM
We interrupt this simple RvB thread for THE MOST AWESOME MEGA BLOK EVER

Did murs finally change his clothes? How cute!  :lol:

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 10, 2011, 03:31:55 AM
Did murs finally change his clothes? How cute!  :lol:

Given Murs' proclivity to urinate, I can only see this ending badly.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.