Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Happy 2021 !!!

Author Topic: character tool 2 crashing  (Read 864 times)

Offline Amazo Version 2.2

• Never mistake Amazo for a mere robot.
character tool 2 crashing
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »
hi everyone, i just updated my avg security system on my pc, it's a vista, and now my character tool for  :ffvstr: keeps crashing. deos anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? thanks much!
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Offline justintyme2174

Re: character tool 2 crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
It must have something to do with AVG.  I have the same problem as well.  Does yours give you a Windows error?

Offline justintyme2174

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 02:21:37 AM »
After checking the AVG forums, I have found a temporary fix to the problem.  It seems the "identity protection" feature on the new version is what is causing the problem.  You can go in and disable this feature until they have a fix for it.  My character tool is working correctly since I disabled it.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:37:40 AM »
How do you do that? I've been having the same problem. I've been getting around it by running CTool2 as an Adminstrator.

Offline justintyme2174

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
On the AVG screen that says "overview", click the "identity Protection" icon and then there is a box to check to enable/disable it.

Offline Amazo Version 2.2

• Never mistake Amazo for a mere robot.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
i appreciate all the responses. thansk.  :thumbup: i'll try this out.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.