News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Changing opening theme sound/mp3

Started by freegentile, July 23, 2009, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freegentile

Howdy,

I'm trying to change the song that plays when my mod opens. Specifically, this is Valandar's & Lude's Transformers mod. I am trying to change the Hasbro song that's used by default to the cool 1986 Transformers the Movie theme song. I don't know which file I need to modify to point it to the new mp3. Thank you!

electro

Look for a folder named Musak in your Data/Sounds folder & for a file named FF00_metagame - thats the theme music for the title screen - should be MP3 so no trouble trying to play it - Good luck :blink:

SHAUNIE

What should I do if there is no "Music" folder in my "Sounds" folder... I only have the "Power" folder?  :mellow:

JKCarrier

Just create the MUSAK folder yourself (note the funny spelling), put the MP3 file you want to use inside there, and rename the file FF00_METAGAME.MP3. That will override the standard sound file (which is sneakily hiding inside an archive called sounds.ff).

And if you ever want to go back to the original theme song, just delete or move the folder you made, and it will automatically start playing again. It's magic! ;)

SHAUNIE

Thanks, that surely did work. Is it the just as easy to add more than one song or even backgrounds?

freegentile

Adding different song for opening theme = easy, per the instructions seen in this thread

Changing background picture of main menu = hard as p-turkey, but there are good instructions if you search the forum. I've done it once & it was a bear creating a DDS & then modifying it to exacting image specs...but then again, I'm not a Photoshop user. Just like anything else software dev-related, lots of trial & error.

Putting background music into a mission/in-game = apparently virtually impossible, as only a couple of people have succeeded in doing it...one is whoever created the FF Great Hunt mod...which has great music...would love to use it in FFV3R mods, etc. Other is Dark Intentions, a FFV3R mod. Cool music there, as well.

cmdrkoenig67

Adding music to a mission isn't that hard, if you know coding...Or if you're making a mission with EZScript, it's even easier.  I've even had some success with the first game adding music as an ambient sound to a map (I had it loop and everything), but I can't recall if I've tried it in FFVTTR.

Dana

freegentile

10-4. Lemme know if you ever get to fiddle w/ it in FFVTTR. Would love to be able to add that final piece to ye ole game experience.

cmdrkoenig67

OOOH wait, Free!  One way to add music that will loop to a map is to add it into the danger.py file (if the map has one, it will be found in the mission folder for the map).  When you play the map, the music should play...It has worked for me.  Keep in mind the music file must be one thats already a part of the game (or added into the Resources tab of the Editor by yourself)....Instructions for adding music to the .py file below.

Open your Editor and go to the resources tab to find the song you want (make sure you get the name correct)...If you have your game's music.ff extracted, then you can go to the musak folder to listen to them to make your choice (again, make sure you get the name correct).

Open the danger.py file with a Python editor (like Pythonwin) and type at the bottom, the example below (just replace the music_10sym1 with the music file you want to have play)...

Sound_PlayMusic('music_10sym1')

Adding music to the resources tab isn't too hard either.  Place the song you want into your game's musak folder and then open the FFEditor, go to the Resources tab and scroll down to the music section (I guess you don't have to, but I like to).  You can either copy and rename an existing track (you may not want to rename an in-game track or you may break the game...I think...It's safer to copy and rename) to the title of your new song (use lowercase letters) or you can click the New button (and then name the track, what you'd like).  

Go up to the Source field and hit browse to find your new music in the game's musak folder (where you should have placed it).  MAKE SURE TO SAVE YOUR WORK.  Then you can add your custom track to your map's danger.py file.

I believe it was Gogglespizanno who told me about this set up, please forgive me if I got that wrong...Anyway, I hope that was clear enough and I hope it helps.

Dana

freegentile

cmdrkoenig67