News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Leaked: STO to go F2P by the end of the year

Started by BlueBard, September 01, 2011, 01:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Perfect World's CFO spilled the beans during the Q&A of a financial outlook presentation to investors.  STO is expected to launch a Free-to-play option by the end of the year.

I don't have the heart to repeat everything here; go to STO's forum if you want to find out more, or follow the links from the Federation Reborn forums.  http://z15.invisionfree.com/Federation_Reborn

Suffice to say that I am less than thrilled by the way we found out and the implications in regard to this revelation.

If there's any bright spot I can see, maybe it will be that more people from FR will join us in playing STO when it is F2P.  If any new details come out, I'll be posting them on the Federation Reborn forum.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Courtnall6

Finally. I'll be going back when it goes F2P.  :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BlueBard

Quote from: Courtnall6 on September 01, 2011, 01:32:32 PM
Finally. I'll be going back when it goes F2P.  :cool:

Well, that's one!

I currently have no plan to downgrade to Silver, whatever that turns out to be.  I'll have to wait and see what that's going to look like.  It's about 99% for sure that the Foundry will be off-limits to authoring missions but it's not currently in a state I'd want to pay extra for anyway.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

catwhowalksbyhimself

I may give it a shot when it comes F2P, although I doubt I will let it take me from CoH.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.