Young Justice

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Im really against another timeskip,and they didnt really look older in the teaser.So I doubt thats happening.
For season 3,I would like to see Raven,for example.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Courtesy of the FR Facebook page, we have our first look at the Season 3 Team lineup.  New heroes are Arrowette, Spoiler, and Thirteen.  Also a hint that some former members of the Team may have formed the Outsiders, or something like it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/young-justice-outsiders-reveals-its-new-heroes-and-the-1797134284
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Another late observation,but Wade Eiling goes strangly underused.Because hes one villain whos plan is to make Earth a galactic superpower.Thats kind of a theme for Weisman,it seems.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Well, those are interesting costumes.  They look (for the most part) nothing like their sources, which bothers me.  Also, if that's Forager, I'm going to be a tad annoyed.  I would like to see Metamorpho on the team, but I hope we don't get an angsty teenage Rex.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Is Forager the guy who looks like a cockroach, and nothing like a Kirby-designed character? And is the guy in one of Madrox's cast off costumes GeoForce? This kind of looks like The Outsiders, and not in a good way.

BentonGrey

Quote from: daglob on May 15, 2018, 04:29:15 AM
This kind of looks like The Outsiders, and not in a good way.

Ha!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Shogunn2517

Yeah I thought I remembered Cat saying this was the name of the 3rd season: Outsiders.  I mean with Metamorpho, Lightning, Geo-Force... I think they're making it overtly obvious now.

Maybe they're fighting the team or something of sort of opposition.

HarryTrotter

Well,its called Young Justice: Outsiders.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on May 15, 2018, 06:23:46 AM
Yeah I thought I remembered Cat saying this was the name of the 3rd season: Outsiders.  I mean with Metamorpho, Lightning, Geo-Force... I think they're making it overtly obvious now.

Maybe they're fighting the team or something of sort of opposition.

It's also the title of that article in the link. . .
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

First 3 episodes of s3 have been a mixed bag.
Kaizen Gamorra as a UN delegate,thats a weird cameo.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

I quite enjoyed it, but then I'm an unabashed fanboy of the series so take that with some salt. It's only 3 episodes in rn (those of you waiting to use your free weeks might wanna give it a couple months) so there's a lot of setup and we haven't really established a status quo yet.

I should note before I delve into spoilers, a few characters are sporting some new attire. I noticed Superman was suddenly looking more like the current n52 version, for example. I'm guessing some of the powers that be made them conform to current outfits.

Spoiler
-Tempest and Troia as ambassadors to the UN. Nice to see them get some love, especially since I think this is Troias first appearance on the show.

So one of the new characters introduced is credited first as "dead girl" and in EP 3 as "Halo girl". I've read that she's supposed to be an adaptation of a more obscure Outsiders character "Halo" but... I also think she's got the "soul" the mother box we see dismantled on the table. Between that checkovs gun and the fact that she seems to "talk" to sphere (also new God tech) I feel pretty confident in that speculation.

Silver Shocker

^^ No comment on Jaculi from the Jahad from Suicide Squad making a cameo? That was one of the highlights for me.

So Canada is airing it on tv. I feel like I should be probably be more happy about that than I am. Mind you, they're airing it later than the U.S. gets it, with fewer episodes per week, but oh well. I'm positive Teletoon never actually aired season 2; in fact I never saw season 2 until I bought the DVDS, which I was happy to do. But Canada's rights issues for tv content, particulaly streaming and cartoons, have been retribution-ably (yes, that's a reference to the Young Justice version of Joker) crappy for almost as long as I've been alive, so oh well. At least the original run is on Netflix.

Tom: It's Halo. There's promo art that shows her as part of the team.

Anyway, I've seen it. I was underwhelmed. (How could I not reference that memorable joke from the original run?)

Before I start, I should say I really liked the original YJ. I remember when it was coming out and people were legitably debating whether it was as good as JLU and I think the comparisons are more than apt. This was right around the time I learned that Greg Weisman was the man, between this, Spectacular Spidey, and rediscovering Gargoyles on DVD. So I did have a lot of expectations for this show, even while skeptical about the whole Outsiders bit.

Short version: This doesn't feel like Young Justice. I mean, I'm not that surprised. I'd had well over a year to be prepared for it to be "Outsiders: Guest Starring Young Justice" but it's still a palpable step down from the Greg Weisman high I remember getting throughout YJ S1 and 2 and from the very first episode of Spectacular Spidey. To me there's a few problems with it. I'll cover them under the Spoiler tag.

Spoiler
1. The tone.

This Young Justice feels fundamentally like it's made in "this era". Let's call it the "Netflix era." An era where every tv show wants to be Game of Thrones, and every action/superhero cartoon (that's not Teen Titans Go, or Ninja Turtles, ect) wants to try so hard it hurts to shake off the stigma of the animation age getto (for a deeper insight into this, see the really damn good Youtube video "The Legend of Korra is Garbage and Here's Why") Instead of fun banter, teen hero adventures and hammy villains, we have...U.N. meetings, politics and third-world royal infighting. And all of it in this dry, boring wrapping that, along with "Look like we can do now" violence (again, Korra) makes it feel like everyone involved has no interest whatsoever in making something children would actually watch without getting bored or falling asleep (though considering the middling ratings on Cartoon Network, the underwhelming toy sales and DC's current "f*ck Batman" marketing tactics (we'll get to Titans in a bit), no big surprise there.) Anytime the Titans (oops, "The Team") Justice League, or Black Lightning weren't on screen, and I wasn't playing "who's that voice actor", I was bored and kinda only half-paying attention while I played Super Mario Run on my tablet or whatever else I was playing at the time. I don't know if this is Weisman et al's work or the result of DC/WB mandates (I would guess a combination of both) but it left me surprisingly disappointed.

2. The voice cast.

We all knew getting 100% of all the various voice actors back wasn't going to happen. We covered this like a year ago. But it's still surprisingly disappointing how limited and uninspired the talent pool in this show is. This from Greg Weisman, the man who made it his mission to get Star Trek actors in as many of his shows as possible  (come to think of it, I don't think there are any in the show at the moment. Oh wait, Bruce Greenwood. Not that he was in shows Weisman used to draw from mind you) and makes his mission to have Lexington from Gargoyles play a character in seemingly every show he does. Yes, pretty much every main character has their voice actor back, as well as the JL (I was surprised Maggie Q came back to voice WW; I was fully expecting her to be recast with Grey Griffin or someone; Griffin ended up playing Troia and Dr. Jace though; Incidentally; Bruce Greenwood still sucks as Batman anytime he's not doing Under the Red Hood) but every new character except Halo, Stargirl and Black Lightning's family draws from the most obvious and overexposed talent pool of voice actors in the modern industry, many of them playing multiple characters. The English Dub of Pokemon has more variety in its casting than this, and that's no compliment.

You have Troy Baker as Geo-Force And Dr. Double-X, Nolan North (who already plays Superboy AND Superman) voicing Bedlam, Crispin Freeman (who already plays both versions of Roy Harper AND the Jim Harper version of Guardian) as Geo-Force's brother, And Grey Griffin as Troia AND Dr. Jace (who, incidentally, is also actively appearing in Black Lightning). Now, I know pretty much every cartoon does this with minor side characters (go back and rewatch JLU and notice how many times someone in that episode plays an extra) but it seems especially lazy and uninspired here, especially considering every single one of these characters is a part of the greater DC canon. This all had the effect of making the production seem much cheaper; I suspect DC cut some corners on the voice acting budget. It just reminds me of all the money Disney comparatively is throwing around for its shows; getting the real Star Wars actors to voice their characters as often as possible starting with Rebels, getting kids from Disney Channel shows to voice the new teen and kid characters, getting David Tennant and Lin-Manual Miranda for Ducktales. Here we get Khary Payton talking to Khary Payton and Steve Blum talking to Steve Blum (though at least Blum's characters return from Seasons 1 and 2)

Before I get off track, I also was disappointed to hear that G. Gordon Godrey was no longer voiced by the legendary Tim Curry. Not only was that a throwback to Gargoyles (Curry voiced Dr. Sevarious) but he lent his unique blend of classiness to the proceedings. Here he's voiced by James Arnold Taylor trying to imitate the voice (he also replaced George Eads as Barry Allen in season 2), and as soon as I heard I literally said "You're not Tim Curry. Boo!"

On the other hand, I was overjoyed at Beast Boy being recast with Greg Cipes from Teen Titans. I didn't care for the original YJ actor and he's great here, modifying his voice to no longer be the jokey comic relief version he's otherwise always voicing BB as. In fact, BB's segments are the best part of the whole show IMO. They feel like the kind of In-Universe web short viral marketing videos you used to see for big studio movies. It also has me wondering if the former child star actress (Ariel Winter) who voiced Princess Pardita (who came up in one of these scenes) would be likely to voice the character if she appeared in a speaking role, now that she's much older. Then again, I was surprised to learn that she came back to voice Mog from Final Fantasy two games later, so who knows. Again, this was a Greg Weisman nod; the character originated in a Green Arrow DVD short.

I'm fully expecting if Klarion the Witch Boy shows he won't be Lexington anymore, and Joker won't be Brent Spiner (though A. I didn't particularly like Spiner's version, and 2. Ha ha, fat chance, like DC will let them use the Joker again; then again, JL Action). If Queen Bee shows up will be still be voiced by Mirina "Counselor Troy/Demona" Sirtis (though, she made a cameo in Titans, soooo maybe?) 

But the biggest problem on the voice actor front is Khary Payton. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ME some Khary Payton. The dude kills it as Cyborg and as King Ezekiel on The Walking Dead, as in Metal Gear Solid 4, and probably some other stuff I forgot. And he's quite good as ol' Jefferson Pierce (who the creators clearly had referencing the Black Lightning Tv Series with his very similar-looking family. Wonder why that could be wink wink?) The problem is he's the exact same voice actor playing Aqualad and they have almost the exact same front-flipping voice! It's understandable with a minor character (Kevin Micheal Richardson voicing John Stewart in addition to J'onn J'onzz and Mal Duncan, for example) since sometimes they come back in a bigger role (though some shows do recast in that case, see Rain Wilson replacing Blum as Lex Luthor, AND Sam Witwer replacing Blum as Orm in the current DVD movies) but here it's such a misguided choice it's the kind of things jaded fans (like myself) would joke about a good year before the real castings come out. Speaking of which: dude, get Sam Witwer to voice a villain in this. He's always good in those kind of roles. There's a suggestion from me to the creators. As a voice acting buff (I'm clearly not subtle about this) this show's castle is totes disappointing.

And to sum up, as I alluded much earlier, There's soo much Outsiders in this, to the detriment of the YJ stuff (seriously, there's surprisingly little YJ stuff in here, it's all breif, spread out stuff like the Reach soft drink reference and the scene with Connor and M'gann, or the scene with Roy and Lian (Yay Lian!) That I am 100% confident DC had a hand in it. BL and the Outsiders are everywhere these days. Live action, cartoons AND the comics. That's not a coincidence, DC and Marvel have never been subtle about this kind of thing (remember Ultimate Spider-Man?) Even if Weisman himself said it was his idea, I'd still believe some DC suit discussed it with him early on and was super into it (hell, it's probably the only reason we HAVE a season 3).

In closing, imagine my surprise to learn that I'd enjoy Titans of all things more than the revived Young Justice, as yet. Yeah, in case you guys haven't heard, Titans is actually REALLY good (though of course, Your Milage May Vary). I'll gush about it in the appropriate thread later. Between that and Aquaman, truly we are in the Bizarro World when it comes to DC these days.

[EDIT] OMG, I totally realized, a big part of my problem with this season can be summed up with that Young Justice "It. IS. TIME. TO GET REALLY REALLY SERIOUS" parody from Teen Titans Go. How'd I miss that? Watch Weisman and co have someone in the show say "No time for games. This is serious." In a deliberate nod to that in the next episode.  :P
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

SS... I know she's Halo. My point was more that...

Spoiler
this VERSION is likely formed from the spirit of the Mother box. The original character was, based on the googling I did, an ancient alien called a Aurakle trapped in the body of a dying/dead girl, but I think the idea for Young Justice is that the "alien" fused with THIS Halo is a Mother Box. We have the chekhov's gun of the disassembled box at the lab (one that Superboy specifically calls Black Lightning's and thus our attention to), she seems to have some kind of connection with Sphere (also New Gods tech) and the season is almost certainly leading up to Darkseid. Having a main character literally be the spirit of a Mother Box would tie her directly into the proceedings.

As for the rest... Again, we're super early on, and I'll reserve judgement until there's more than 3 episodes to parse through. Given the subject that's being dealt with (which was a necessity because it ties directly into Geo-Force's origin) I'm not sure I'd be ok with jokey jokes all the time, and we do get a bit of fun banter with Barbara and Richard.

Silver Shocker

Ok, I was a little confused by what you were talking about but I get it now. You are probably right about the character's backstory.

Well, there's the rub isn't it? It's an easy thing to say "wait and see" three episodes in, but maybe you liked the new more than I because you liked the original more to begin with. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. My favorite show was the 2003 TMNT and I've defended it and its later, decidedly less good, more market-and-budget driven later seasons every step of the way. (Fortunately, Tom Waltz over at IDW seems to agree with me, since the current Turtles comic draws from the 2003 show many, many times). The Nicktoon's show took a lot longer to win me over (which is to say, a season-and-a-half or so, but that show had its own issues IMO which I've talked about before)
But I sometimes try to contextualize the "wait and see reaction". As I mentioned, I literally was loving Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man from the very first episode, and was fully on board for a YJ season 2 that added a LOT more characters and phased out a fair number of the originals. The reason why is that even with all the new characters, the story being told still felt like a direct continuation of what was set up prior. Here, other than all the metahuman so and so and a few brief scenes and exchanges early on it's pretty much an origin story for Geo-Force and Halo, and bringing Black Lightning into the fold.

Which makes me ask "Ok, WHY is Geo-Force in this? Why is Halo in this? Why is it "Young Justice: Outsiders?" I've been asking that question literally since the subtitle was revealed, but I already know the answer, I gave it in my earlier post. Cross-brand synergy. It's just not a satisfying one.

Spoiler
Now, in fairness, Darkseid's definitely coming; I mean you can see Apocalypse in the intro, and the direct reference to The Light has made me hopefully things will be more interesting in future episodes. But honestly? Based on the quality of the previous two seasons, I was honestly expecting to be interested from the first episode on. At least I won't have to wait too long for more episodes.

To give another reaction, Star Wars Resistance got 10 episodes to win me over and I still haven't been impressed with it. The newest season of Doctor Who never managed to hold my interest.

Quotenot sure I'd be ok with jokey jokes all the time, and we do get a bit of fun banter with Barbara and Richard.

I didn't even remember that exchange. The funny thing is, I've never eve cared for a lot of the humor in YJ, I've always found it kinda hokey (Artemis' line about "A bicycle built for two" would be a good example" and the only time the "stop touching yourself" joke from the original run was funny to me was on the DVD promos where Bat-Mite was edited in to show up in front of the screen and sarcastically reply "How wacky and original!" That's not to the show's credit, that's some jokester cutting a trailer who got inspired. I do REALLY like Bart Allen though, I think they did him perfect. I'd like to see more of him. In any case, there is a difference between "fun" and "funny". Like I said before, the key element to me is "tone". It's all so self-serious and mired in political so-and-so, it ends up being one of those shows while I almost forget what show I'm watching.

Spoiler
Perfect example: Doctor Double-X. Dude is one of the goofiest Batman villains from the goofiest era of Batman. Naturally, he appeared on Brave and the Bold. Here the inherent goofiness is turned down comic-book-movie style (Scott Snyder's Batman also used him this way) and he is now a generic mad scientist whose power set is changed to tech that makes duplicates of him. The only reason I knew who he was, was because they said his name and I recognized it from an earlier show. Compare to season 1, where we got Bane, Mr. Freeze, Icicle, Sportsmaster, Amazo, Klarion. This was a show that featured Dave Franco of all people as The Riddler.  And all of them were instantly recognizable as themselves (which ironically, is happening regularly these days in the LIVE ACTION versions of Marvel and DC with some of the characters)

I hope you're right and things improve in future episodes. Because if they don't I don't think I'm going to get much out of this season.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

TBF though, YJ season 2 was worked on pretty much back to back with season 1. They even aired episode 1 of season 2 the week after airing the finale of season 1. However, it's been YEARS since Season 2 aired, and I expect there to be a bit of rust to shake off as the show finds its momentum again. What we did see raised enough questions and I'm intrigued enough that I plan to keep watching.

Silver Shocker

Sure, fair enough. And I am in for the long haul, I just hope I enjoy it more as it goes. I rarely drop any show, even ones I don't like that much (The Simpsons was probably the last show I stopped watching that I can recall)
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Im kinda trying to remember- did something happen to Aquaman in season 2 or between seasons?
Also,this whole thing where superheroes need an approval of gov or UN to operate- I know its realistic,but I hate that take.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Not that I can recall, and not according to Wikipedia.

I'm guessing Aquaman's status quo is something Weisman and co will reveal more of in the future. They did some similar stuff in Season two when they did a time jump.

Either that or they couldn't get Phil Lamarr back and didn't want to bother recasting Aquaman (probably not the actual answer?)

You just reminded me that Catherine Cobert was in the show. I didn't complain about her (she's voiced by the same VA as Artemis, who also voices the computer) because she actually appeared in the original run. I immediately recognized her as being from JLI, but course here she's in a completely different context so I almost don't know why they bothered other than to get nerds like me to go "I understood that reference".

Speaking of that character, literally every voice actor I mentioned pulling double duty not named Khary Payton is also doing the "if we use an accent you won't be able to tell which voice actor we are" trick. Nice try guys. It didn't work back when 4Kids did it, it didn't work when Transformers: Cybertron did it, and it doesn't work here.

Come to think of about it, too bad this show isn't Young Justice: Suicide Squad. Waller (who actually did appear in the original run) and Task Force X would have had this whole situation sorted out in 2 episodes, tops.

Come to think of it, why the crap isn't Suicide Squad a show on DC's Streaming Service? I mean, they're clearing going all in on the "Darker and Edgier" business and you'd never make a kid-friendly Suicide Squad series anyway, because it'd pretty much just be G.I. Joe with DC characters. Yeah, that should absolutely be a show on DC's Service. I'm shocked I didn't think of that before now. I'd watch the everloving crap out of that.
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Because the movie did poorly. No, seriously, you've already mentioned brand cohesion, and DC's big push leading up to the film was OMG Suicide Squad (Arkham Origins had them, Arrow had them, etc.) but after how blah the movie is WB's put the kibosh on that hype train in the same way they did for Green Lantern. Harley's still pushed because she at least got good buzz, but Task Force X? Nah.

Silver Shocker

Well, I was kinda being half jokey and rhetorical, but 1. DC's talking about doing a sequel, and 2. They still put out an animated movie after the live action film.  Then again, DC's been going back to putting out Justice League and Superman animated movies for the first times in years. Justice League the movie also did poorly but that still still got a new cartoon, which admittedly failed, but that's because it's a DC Cartoon not named Teen Titans Go. It's well documented that CN sabotaged pretty much every DC cartoon other than Go going back years (They also did this for Transformers cartoons)

Going back to Young Justice Outsiders: I was reading last night the various plans the creators said back in the day that they wanted to do prior to Outsiders happening, which would indicate this new storyline isn't what they were originally planning.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Uncle Iroh is training Ras Al Ghul.  :)
And I guess Light was reorganized ,again.

Time to be obsessed over minor details,were Red Martians ever a thing in any DC continuity?Green,white,burning and even yellow,but I cant find any mention of red,outside 1 YJ tie in comic.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

So I'm just as guilty of this, but we should be careful from now on not to talk about season 3 events outside spoiler tags. I know a few members who are waiting until it's all up to use their free week, so we should be mindful.

However, since the red Martian thing isn't a spoiler... Red Martians seem to be a creation for this series, and only have a passing mention in the comics. Going by the wiki, Weisman's blog has apparently fleshed it out a bit, with the reds being the equivalent of royal blood in the yj-verse, and are super rare... So I doubt we'll see them anytime soon.

Onto actual spoilers though.

Spoiler
kkohoho brought up a good point in the discord about the goggles we keep seeing. Their branding is "Goode" which, given the villain we're pretty sure is the final boss, it's not that big a leap to suspect Granny Goodness.

Silver Shocker

Ah, so Weisman's still giving behind the scenes supplentary info on his website after all these years eh? Awesome. I really gotta read more of that. I remember him having some interesting tidbits about Gargoyles.

On a related note. I've finally started reading the Young Justice tie-in comic. Pretty decent so far. It definitely hits some nostalgia buttons from the original run of the show.

Speaking of which:

Ok, now THIS week's offerings were fun. If the premiere was more like this I wouldn't have had anything to complain about.

Everyone involved seemed to be having fun with the security company plot.

Spoiler
-Dr. Fate's appearance has me wondering: if Kent Nelson appeared again, would Ed Asner return to do the voice?

-Arsenal seems less angsty than I remember. Is that a passage of time thing, or am misremembering Arsenal's character in this and/or getting him mixed up with the comics version?

I can't not love this:

"Noone's gonna steal this stuff in broad daylight."

"We're gonna steal this stuff in broad daylight." I legit laughed out loud.

"My insurance rates!"

"I think we looked better in our Bowhunter Security Uniforms."
"No, you do not."

Ep 5: Away Mission:

I hope that's not the real Orion's voice. Ben Diskin? Horribly miscast.

Ep 6: Rescue Op:

Yay, Black Spider is back! and he's still totally Spider-Man! "Do I need better quips?"

Did the Killing Joke happen between seasons? It doesn't get much darker and edgier than that.

Yes, I was thinking of Iroh too.

The stuff with the Light actually does have me intrigued. Was it clear who the person who showed up with Black Spider was, or do we have to wait to find out?

Granny Goodness, didn't even think of that. 
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Did I mention this version of Justice League sucks?
"The UN sanctioned us,we couldnt even help with the tsunami thing"
This coming from Oliver Queen of all people.
Jon Farmer

kkhohoho

Quote from: HarryTrotter on January 14, 2019, 07:17:12 AM
Did I mention this version of Justice League sucks?
"The UN sanctioned us,we couldnt even help with the tsunami thing"
This coming from Oliver Queen of all people.

So you're saying they should ignore what the UN says and do whatever the hell they want? Even though that could risk a conflict between the League and the UN that could have global and perhaps drastic repercussions?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

HarryTrotter

Your saying they should just leave a few thousand people to die?
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Spoiler tags guys. Again, people haven't seen any of season 3 yet, and you're discussing that material specifically.

Spoiler
I think there's a difference between "the League couldn't help officially" and "we did nothing at all." There IS still the team, whose entire purpose is to do the stuff the League can't. I definitely stinks that they couldn't send the heavy hitters in officially, but that's WHY Batman makes the case that he does: Being in the public eye was useful to a point, but their enemies have used it to cripple them.

HarryTrotter

Which is possible,but unconfirmed by the series itself.So afaik they didnt help.
And I wonder if Kk would have a problem if ANYONE else asked the same.
As for spoilers,its a minor detail from episode 1,which has been out for a few weeks now.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

How did I miss this from the newest batch of episodes:

Spoiler
during the sequence with Ra's Al Ghul we briefly see Talia with a baby in her arms (no doubt Damien Wayne), right before it's hinted that the character with Ra's is Jason Todd.

I must have been distracted by something for those 10 seconds or so, because I totally missed Talia.

Pretty neat, but I feel like it would have carried more weight if the show made better use of Batman. Maybe it'll get more mileage out of it in future episodes.
~Rocky Balboa