Young Justice

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

You know that there's a major story line going on in the background.  I'm guessing we will find out at the end of the season.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Glitch Girl

We should. Personally, I think that this is all leading up to the premise for season 2 "Invasion". 

Remember, this is Greg Weisman, the guy who inspired the term "Xanatos Gambit"
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Amazo Version 2.2

never read the yj comic, but loved some of the titans incarnations. wouldnt mind seeing a few titans geust stars on the show.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Tomato

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on March 13, 2012, 09:26:49 PM
never read the yj comic, but loved some of the titans incarnations. wouldnt mind seeing a few titans geust stars on the show.

Garth AND Roy have both already appeared, not to mention the fact that Robin=Dick and KF=Wally. Sure, we haven't seen the non-sidekick ones yet (Though I fully expect Cyborg will be shoehorned into the League at some point, given how much of a murs DC's made him) but I wouldn't be surprised if they show up sooner than later.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on March 13, 2012, 09:26:49 PM

That reminds me: We all know that Wally is the clown of the group, but what happen to Beast Boy?  It would be cool to see him in the show.

Previsionary

Beast Boy isn't really associated with YJ though, is he? I mean, he showed up in the comics a few times, but that's about it. Regardless, I do remember news from a bit ago that said Beast Boy would join the cast and be voiced by Logan Grove. Dunno if that's still true, but it was announced.
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Spoiler
Yeah... even by YJ standards, Garfield's almost to young (he's what, 9?) to take up one of his more common monikers until next season or so. His inclusion IS a good sign with regards to seeing other characters from titans lore in the future, but right now he has yet to even get his comic book powers.

Speaking of, what do you guys think will happen with regards to that? I fully expected them to take the cop out of him getting his powers from the imperfect blood transfusion, but it looks like they're opting to combine that with his pre-existing origin.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on March 18, 2012, 11:14:53 PM
Spoiler
Yeah... even by YJ standards, Garfield's almost to young (he's what, 9?) to take up one of his more common monikers until next season or so. His inclusion IS a good sign with regards to seeing other characters from titans lore in the future, but right now he has yet to even get his comic book powers.

Speaking of, what do you guys think will happen with regards to that? I fully expected them to take the cop out of him getting his powers from the imperfect blood transfusion, but it looks like they're opting to combine that with his pre-existing origin.

Spoiler
I expected the blood transfusion to give him his powers as well.

oldmanwinters

Spoiler
I'm starting to think the show's creative crew will decide to (temporarily) kill of Miss Martian and have Zatanna and Beast Boy fill her absence through expanded roles.

JeyNyce

Quote from: oldmanwinters on March 20, 2012, 05:11:51 AM
Spoiler
I'm starting to think the show's creative crew will decide to (temporarily) kill of Miss Martian and have Zatanna and Beast Boy fill her absence through expanded roles.

I'm so hoping you're wrong.  Killing would be too easy.  Let it be her leaving because of her "situation" and then come back later on

oldmanwinters

Quote from: JeyNyce on March 20, 2012, 05:23:05 AM
Quote from: oldmanwinters on March 20, 2012, 05:11:51 AM
Spoiler

I'm so hoping you're wrong.  Killing would be too easy.  Let it be her leaving because of her "situation" and then come back later on

That's probably the more likely option, given the comic book precedent that already exists for it.

But I seem to remember Weisman or somebody promised they'd kill off at least one member of the team.  Not sure why and not sure when though.

JeyNyce

Did anybody see the last episode?  Is it me or is this becoming the next JLU?  The stories are getting deep and there are multiple stories going on.

Tomato

Actually, that's one of the things that's really impressed me all the way down the line here... There's so much information weaving in and out of every episode that you don't always catch all of it.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: JeyNyce on March 28, 2012, 02:17:33 PM
Did anybody see the last episode?  Is it me or is this becoming the next JLU?  The stories are getting deep and there are multiple stories going on.

Yeah, this is quite an ambitious show.  It weaves together two teams of superheroes. 

As much as I grew to love the old Teen Titans show, I always thought it would be interesting if the creative team took a different direction and tried to make it an outgrowth of the regular DC Animated Universe that existed at the time.

BentonGrey

Quote from: oldmanwinters on March 28, 2012, 09:22:34 PM
Quote from: JeyNyce on March 28, 2012, 02:17:33 PM

Yeah, this is quite an ambitious show.  It weaves together two teams of superheroes. 

As much as I grew to love the old Teen Titans show, I always thought it would be interesting if the creative team took a different direction and tried to make it an outgrowth of the regular DC Animated Universe that existed at the time.

That would have been a show I actually would have watched...
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

captainawesome

The rest of season 1 is on youtube in some other language (Portuguese, I think) with english subtitles if anyone's interested.

Tomato

Wow. What an episode. Seriously, I don't know why any self-respecting comic fan isn't already watching this.

Also, I probably won't bother with the Portuguese episodes at this point... If CN was still being dumb and delaying episodes fine, but we're almost at the end now anyway. I'd rather just watch the last 3 as they come out.

JeyNyce

Great episode.  Love the Spidey spoof

Cyber Burn

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 01, 2012, 01:08:32 PM

One of my Autistic students was very unhappy about that because Spidey is Marvel and YJ is DC. He didn't like that "Spidey" was the bad guy that got taken down by DC characters. It made for a looong day.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 02, 2012, 11:10:08 PM

One of my Autistic students was very unhappy about that because Spidey is Marvel and YJ is DC. He didn't like that "Spidey" was the bad guy that got taken down by DC characters. It made for a looong day.

lol, I can only imagine how that conversation played out!

That poor guy; God bless 'im.  :-)

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: oldmanwinters on April 03, 2012, 03:44:22 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 02, 2012, 11:10:08 PM

lol, I can only imagine how that conversation played out!

That poor guy; God bless 'im.  :-)

i had the pleasure of watching that convresation play out. i felt bad for both partticipants, but it was certainly amuzing.

i'm really enjoying yj right now, even more so than the teen titans cartoon. though i'm not really enjoying all the shorts, i was hoping for something more i guess.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

I agree in regards to the shorts, the Plastic Man and Teen Titans were pretty good, the rest have seem to fallen short (No pun intended). I do really like the weapons segments though.

Tomato

Just watched today's episode... It's pretty epic. The whole "mole" situation was handled very well.

JeyNyce

BEST SHOW EVER!!!  I'm starting to like this more than JLU.

Talavar

A very nice episode indeed.

Magnificent

I love that I didn't see that ending coming  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Well, that was very good.  I'm impressed with how that story was told.  It's definitely not as good as JLU, but it's surprisingly close.  There's just something about it that doesn't reach the same level of soul.  The characters aren't quite as well realized.  It's hard to put my finger on.  Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm glad they finally wrapped up the secrets upon secretes storyline.  I'm excited to see the showdown coming next.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Actually, I personally like YJ a lot more then I ever liked JLU... JLU had some great moments don't get me wrong, but there was an awful lot of random nonsense in the stories because the writers didn't really nail down what they were doing from episode to episode. As a result, while JLU had a lot of good stories, there were also some very bad ideas in there too (Powergirl being demoted to Supergirl's evil clone, Captain Atom's betrayal, etc.) But there isn't really any story or character from either the show OR the comic tie-in (Seriously, if you haven't read it yet, GO PICK IT UP) that I don't think adds to the narrative.

JeyNyce

I'm just Happy that ICON & Rocket are on the show.  They are my favorite.  I wonder if we are going to see static in the future episode?  Also, is the comic just as good?  I may start reading comics again if it is.