News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Reborn Custom Figures (Redux!)

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Yeah, instead of trying to figure out what I had or hadn't shown in the other thread, I'm just making a new one. Cuz' that's how I roll.

Here's my old display for the original figs (Though they're pretty much positioned the same now, just in front of my tv... stupid KR keeps blocking the subtitles!), Including Courtnal 6, Ch'nybe, Kid Rocket, Tomato, Afghan Ant, and Flesheater (TUE for you unlearned heathens)

"Second wave" shots (and news, for those who aren't done) of Mahty, Murs, Ra's al Ghul (Movie Masters style), Randy Ripoff, Unko Man, and that other dude.

Ra's- Last I heard he was still only in assembly stage... with the Batman Legacy line being all over the place (The first wave of the line line has movie Gordon, Arkham Asylum Two Face and Batman, Golden age Joker, and ZOMG RAGE Batman) I think they're holding off until there for sure isn't going to be a Ra's.

Unko- Last I heard on this one, they changed the base body to ML Doc Ock... which is actually fairly well suited for Unko.

Jerkface- Just got a new sculpted pic of him, I'll be making a second post for that (so as not to clutter up the first post with his ugliness... >.> )

*pants* ok, now that that's over with, for anyone wanting to see their own character represented, you're in luck... I have a set of five questions for you to answer. The person who manages to get the most at the time I make my next order to loosecollector, or the first person to manage all five to MY specifications, gets to have their avatar included in the next batch. Now, these questions are a little different than they were when FR shut down (mainly because I had a computer crash around the same time and lost my saved copy) but I tried to make them similar enough I could carry over credit for Reep's 2 answers in case he wanted to try some of the others.

Question 1
As most of the hardcore Batman nerds will probably remember, Two Face made his memorable first appearance in the 66th issue of Detective comics. Some of the most geeky among those will also remember that, originally, Old Harvey's surname in the Golden age used to be Kent (which was only altered later on to avoid the assumption that he was related to Clark Kent). But how many among you can tell me which of the side characters named in the first Two Face arc ironically shares his name with an actor involved in bringing Harvey Dent's origin to our tv screens several decades later?

Question 2
If there's one thing I've learned from NCIS' Leroy Jethro Gibbs, there's no such thing as coincidence. Which two actors from Joss Whedon's "Firefly" would appear together in another SyFy Television series, once again playing a romantic couple?

Question 3
The Freedom Force community has endured a hell of a lot over the years. Constant hacking, trolls, n00bs, all manner of political craziness, and even a few supervillain takeovers. But can anyone tell me who Randy Ripoff's temporary assistant during his siege of the community was?

Question 4
Since Influx makes up a good portion of the figures I've been ordering, it's only fair that you should know a little bit about them. Tell me the real names of all five members of the core team (Tomato, Ch'nybe, Kid Rocket, Mahty, and Marauder)... and I warn you, the names I have down in their bios aren't all entirely correct >D .

Question 5
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep introduced us to the concept of the "X-blade," a keyblade forged in battle between light and dark, a weapon capable of opening the path to the true "Kingdom Hearts." However, the version shown in-game might still only be an imperfect form of the weapon. If such is the case, what two blades would be necessary to form the perfect "X-blade"?

Please PM me your guesses directly (we wouldn't want to give answers to anyone else would we?)

Current Lead: Hitman (3 correct answers)

Tomato

Aaand now for the Prev pic. Keep in mind, this is an incomplete figure, so only hate it for the character it represents  :P .

Panther_Gunn

So, Prev's figure is the new Arm-Fall-Off Boy?

I approve.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

Ha, wow 'Mato, those look fantastic.  Neat!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

Wonderful as always, Tomato.  May I ask what you use for the sculpting material, T?

Dana

Tomato

These aren't my figures... they were commissioned from "loosecollector" one of the better customizers on the net

Edit: update

Previsionary

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on August 30, 2011, 10:35:50 PM
So, Prev's figure is the new Arm-Fall-Off Boy?

I approve.

The unmitigated jealousy of you. PG, you're replaceable. I, however, am not. Deal with this issue. :D

The toy based on my avatar is coming along well. Obviously not a hard thing to mess up. Look at all this beauty and handsomeness it has to work with.
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Actually, I had to make them change it... see, originally they were doing it 100% accurate, but I decided I couldn't stomach looking at your face anytime I wanted to look at my figures, so I requested alterations.

UnkoMan

Wow those new figures are looking great. I really dig Murs'.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Tomato on September 07, 2011, 11:05:08 PM
Actually, I had to make them change it... see, originally they were doing it 100% accurate, but...

Clearly, 'Mato, you never had any intention of commissioning a 100% accurate rendition of Prev, as the model above shows absolutely no sign of either his goiter or his gouty leg.  Of course, you may have made some effort to capture Prev in all his glory; however, I'm experiencing the most welcome difficulty of not being able to determine whether the model is flatulent based on this photo alone.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Tomato

Wow. Even I'm kinda floored by the prev hate going on in this thread. Not even Murs or DJ inspires this much hate.

Previsionary

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on September 13, 2011, 01:56:02 AM
Quote from: Tomato on September 07, 2011, 11:05:08 PM
Actually, I had to make them change it... see, originally they were doing it 100% accurate, but...

Clearly, 'Mato, you never had any intention of commissioning a 100% accurate rendition of Prev, as the model above shows absolutely no sign of either his goiter or his gouty leg.  Of course, you may have made some effort to capture Prev in all his glory; however, I'm experiencing the most welcome difficulty of not being able to determine whether the model is flatulent based on this photo alone.

ow_tiobe_sb

All I got from this nonsense is that you're jealous and mad. Not my problem. Looks like Lane might have to take you out to get some air, but why should he when you're already full of the hot variety?

Listen, people, I can't help how you feel about me. YOU have to work on your own insanity, inanity, and extreme envy and get to a better place. It's a "you" problem, as in YOU are pathetic. YOU are sad. And finally, YOU need to move on. YOU all can't be this perfect. Not my fault. Know that. *disappears into the shadows with an evil laugh*

murs47

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on September 13, 2011, 02:01:32 AM
Wow. Even I'm kinda floored by the prev hate going on in this thread. Not even Murs or DJ inspires this much hate.

When you think about it, it makes sense....I mean, it is Prev.  And when did I start inspiring hate?!?!?!  HUH?!?!?!  HUH?!?!?!  Don't make me bust a cap in ya butt!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Panther_Gunn

From all of that blarg I just read, I'm starting to think that Prev is just the wishful-thinking alter ego of ol' goopy Prer.  They *did* both reappear right around the same time.

And I wouldn't say I *hate* Murs or DJ.  Although, I am about ready to start electrifying everything around here, in preparation for the next time he pees on something ...... Murs, that is....don't think it would effect DJ much at all (but I'm sure he does pee on thing occasionally, and everyone just blames Murs.....and rightly so).

DJ is kinda like that one uncle at Christmas.  The drunk one.  The drunk, smelly uncle, that none of the kids want a present from, because it will be smelly, too.  Like flat generic beer, stale Lucky Strikes smoke, and an oddly alternating aroma of urine and vomit.  But nobody says anything to him, just to avoid the trench-mouth halitosis when he leans *way* too close into the personal space on a 15 minute rambling tirade that starts out about how everybody owes him, but usually ends up with him looking for a place to crash for the night, and a ride home in the morning.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on September 13, 2011, 07:20:58 PM
From all of that blarg I just read, I'm starting to think that Prev is just the wishful-thinking alter ego of ol' goopy Prer.  They *did* both reappear right around the same time.

Who?  This fellow?

Spoiler

No, wait a tick...that's Ol' Drippy.  I always get the two confused due to the close resemblance. :doh:

ow_tiobe_sb

P.S. Who is "Prer?"  "Prerenditioner?"

Previsionary

Silly, ignorant PG. Still focused on me, huh? Prer and I did not reappear at the same time. Prer popped up this week. Not only did I post on FR the day it returned, but FRP2 had steady updates the whole summer. Get it together, girl. Just get it together.

Haters hating... they do it like it pays. Sad. Maybe one day, you can be as important as I am. We can all dream. *disappears in a blast of lightning*

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 13, 2011, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on September 13, 2011, 10:06:38 PM
*disappears in a blast of lightning*

Well at least he took the smell with him. :roll:

I've heard about the things you said in my absence from Tom's forum, fool. *shadow blasts Cyber*

Hmph, disappointing.

*disappears in a wisp of light*

Tomato

prem... stop spamming my thread and get over yourself already. You aren't that important.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Previsionary on September 13, 2011, 11:42:12 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 13, 2011, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on September 13, 2011, 10:06:38 PM
*disappears in a blast of lightning*

Well at least he took the smell with him. :roll:

I've heard about the things you said in my absence from Tom's forum, fool. *shadow blasts Cyber*

Hmph, disappointing.

*disappears in a wisp of light*

All in fun Prev, all in fun.  :P

Just out of curiosity 'Mato, how much are rolling out for these? (I thought you might have mentioned it before, but I don't remember)

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on September 13, 2011, 11:48:38 PM
prem... stop spamming my thread and get over yourself already. You aren't that important.

I didn't make this thread about me. You all made it about me. I just obliged. :D

I was perfectly fine not commenting at all, but haters should know the way to a door, and I showed them, as I have shown you a time or two. These are the facts, and the facts MUST be stated. Tiobe taught me that. ^^

ow_tiobe_sb

[spam]
Quote from: Previsionary on September 13, 2011, 11:53:31 PM
These are the facts, and the facts MUST be fabricated. Tiobe taught me that. ^^
Fixed. ^_^
[/spam]

Nice dolls, 'Mato! :)

ow_tiobe_sb

Tomato

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 13, 2011, 11:52:31 PM
Just out of curiosity 'Mato, how much are rolling out for these? (I thought you might have mentioned it before, but I don't remember)

it's somewhere in the range of ~$110 a figure. some are more, some less... but murs was the all time whore, at a whopping $150

Cyber Burn

Man, that's insane. But I guess the quality of the art is worth it.

Except for murs, you got pimped on that deal.

Deaths Jester

DJ is kinda like that one uncle at Christmas.  The drunk one.  The drunk, smelly uncle, that none of the kids want a present from, because it will be smelly, too.  Like flat generic beer, stale Lucky Strikes smoke, and an oddly alternating aroma of urine and vomit.  But nobody says anything to him, just to avoid the trench-mouth halitosis when he leans *way* too close into the personal space on a 15 minute rambling tirade that starts out about how everybody owes him, but usually ends up with him looking for a place to crash for the night, and a ride home in the morning.

My GAWDS!!!  I do belive Panther Gunn knows a tab to much about me seeing as he got everything right!!!  AHHHH!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

ow_tiobe_sb

[spam]
Quote from: Deaths Jester on September 15, 2011, 05:47:55 PM
My GAWDS!!!  I do belive Panther Gunn knows a tab too much about me seeing as he got everything right!!!  AHHHH!!!

I'm not quite certain precisely what P_G knows, but I can tell you this: if he does know what he claims to know about D.J., he's dropped a tab too much...  :o

ow_tiobe_sb
[/spam]

Tomato

back on topic:

Prev's decapitated head has been painted:

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Tomato on September 15, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
Prev's decapitated head

As it should be...You also forgot his beer belly, Tomato.

:P

Tomato

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 16, 2011, 01:28:58 AM
Quote from: Tomato on September 15, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
Prev's decapitated head

As it should be...You also forgot his beer belly, Tomato.

:P

That'd be DJ, not prev. Prev doesn't have an inflated stomach, just an inflated ego.