News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Time to Celebrate!

Started by Alaric, August 24, 2011, 08:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

As the oversized Brit expounded on the possibility of a future base of operations, the Azure Avenger of Ham danced with glee.

"Oink!*"

[*Translation: "Hey! A Bakery?! Sound like my kind of place!"]

During his clip-clopping about, he jammed a series of seeming random keys on a discarded cellphone.

vamp

On the roof of a nearby building, a dark figure stood looking out into the distance. His tattered cowl waved in the wind violently. However, this did not detract his harsh gaze from the horizon. It was as if he wished to pierce a hole in the sky with his eyes.
A sudden light appeared on his wrist. Its irriatiing presence made him look down at once. Even with his black mask, you could clearly see how the anger weighed heavily on is brow.

Damn that Vinny. I told him not use this number unless it was an emergency, He thought to himself.

Quickly, he maneuvered from roof top to roof top, skillfully avoiding the gaze of others. He then walked towards the roof windows of the hall and silently watched the unfolding scene.

A blue pig...No.It couldn't be...

The large eared man let out deep sigh. "I guess it's gonna be a long night."

Previsionary

(OOC: This is a very slow moving game. How is one to keep interest if the game takes over 6 days to even read a letter? Consider this a bump.)
Disappear when you least expe--

BlueBard

(OOC: Tell me about it.  If I had the time, I'd do a little creative redirection of this plot.  Maybe we should just let this one die?  I'll stick with it a little longer and if I get some time later on I might just run with it a little.)
STO/CO: @bluegeek

The Hitman

(OOC: Yeah, I'd have no problem with a do-over. Kinda wrote myself into a corner with the whole "pig" thing.)

ow_tiobe_sb

To pass the time while Blue Bard prepares to read the letter, Lane resumes his general tidying up by removing a silver mirror framed in gold filigree from a nearby wall and placing it upon the ground.  At this low level, the glass frames the blue swine but reflects the rather surprised human form of The Hitman (crouching on his hands and knees), whose voiceless lips move to the sound of guttural grunts and squeals.  Lane bends to replace the mirror after dusting the wall, spies something in the glass, and, with a sharp though exceedingly discreet intake of breath, utters, "Goodness!"  The valet changes the angle of the reflective surface, seemingly attempting to get a better view of seven hitherto unseen men clad in tight-fitting black clothing and brandishing footlong blades.  Turning to face this apparent threat at the entrance to the grand salon, Lane is suddenly dismayed to find no trace of these men.  A quick reexamination of the glass reveals the intruders maintaining their swift, silent approach toward the assembled partygoers.  "Goodness, indeed!  Gentlemen, it appears we have uninvited and rather invisible company."

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Alaric

With a shake of his head, the Verdant Vowel refocuses on the problem at hand.

"Sorry, my heroic friends, I was distracted for a moment. I believe that was adressed to me, O Troubadour of Azure."

Taking the note back from the Bard, he begins to read. The others see his face go white.

"it seems our friends are being held at the Plush Stuffed Stuffplush Animal Store, on Toocute Avenue. I have been invited to negotiate for their release. Alone. obviously, it's a trap."
Fear the "A"!!!

BlueBard

Blue Bard puts on a pair of specially polarized glasses he picked up on one of his adventures.  He takes a long hard look at the invisible men, then relaxes.

"IT is okay, Lane."

A chorus of disembodied voices cries out in horror.

"Those are the Ninjas of Ni.  We can handle them.  IT will be easy."

Screams are heard, the front glass window explodes outward, and then there is silence.

"Go ahead, Vowel.  You were saying?"

PreRaphaelite

Before the Verdant Vowel has a chance to reply, his eye catches on a small brass insignia, printed quite unobtrusively at the base of the note. Turning the note about in his hands to try to better make out the stylised shape, he eventually asserts it to be:

"A rabbit!" he mutters aloud, certainly more to himself than to anyone else.

"A rabbit?" comes a reply more felt than spoken. "What a cruel accusation! – And how dreadfully inaccurate! How – how – how rabbit-brained. I'm Wounded. Offended even. Shocked to my very core, is what I am. However will you learn to live with yourself knowing that you have misrecognised such a fine Hare as I?"

And with that, the Hare that had once been an insignia pulls himself loose from the note, as if he has never at any point been anything more than a flesh and blood animal, and proceeds to take a diving position on the paper's edge. Balancing there as light as a lock of hare, the animal quickly dismounts to the ground, to land in a surprisingly ungainly fashion considering his previous aplomb. To all sights and sounds, a Hare indeed he is. Yet this Hare wears a knitted cardigan, coloured in brassy hues and set atop buff fur, and beneath which can be glimpsed a pair of elastic braces (though with no trousers in sight, so who knows what they may be holding up).

Reaching one tiny paw into the pocket of his cardigan, the Hare pulls forth a shiny pocket watch. Any observant onlooker may well note an engraving on its reverse: a simple scene depicting a man in a boat surrounded by the outline of an eye. Suddenly, with a start caused by shock alone, the Hare slips the watch back into his pocket and bolts at full haste across the floor in the direction of the exit, leaping on and over the blue pig in its dash, and trailing panicked thoughts in its wake:

"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late! Oh! The Sorceress, the Sorceress! won't she be savage if I've kept her waiting!"
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

BlueBard

BlueBard stares a moment.

"Totally not going down the rabbit hole or through the looking glass," he says.  "I think I'll go find a nice, sane bank robbery to foil."

He walks out.

OOC: Sorry guys, I've totally lost interest in this one.  I'll remove myself so as to get out of the way.

The Hitman

"I DECLARE A DO-OVER!" Hit-pig exclaimed in a particularly non-sequitur moment.

*POP*

(OOC: I'm out. When thew next one of these rolls around, I'll be back.)