City of Heroes : Freedom

Started by B A D, August 10, 2011, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor

Hell, I've even come out of the woodwork now.  I re-upped about 2 months ago and am on most nights. Be glad to help anyone who needs a refresher get up to speed with the new content (as of I21). As a matter of fact, I just finished running a mission with Uncle Yuan to let him shake the rust off. Welcome back everybody!
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/pitbull_1973/CoH/forum_sig_banner.jpg[/img]
Capt. Conduit - Demonik - Candi Stryper - Arctic Pyre - xx Raptor xx - Ehrlicht - Feral Feret - Chemotherapist

JeyNyce

Maybe it's me but does COX plays slow for anybody?  The graphics holds up well for it's age, but for me it seems like it plays slow.  I'm talking about the fighting.  I press a key, and then wait, press another key, wait again.  It would be nice if the recharge time was faster.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

MJB

Compared to more action oriented games such as Champions Online or DCUO, City of Heroes does 'seem' to play slow. Once you get back into the swing of the game the pace feels more lively. I know that on occasions I was frantically hitting buttons trying to stay alive while attacking. Good fun.

Raptor

I agree, the gameplay speed seems perfectly fine for me. 
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/pitbull_1973/CoH/forum_sig_banner.jpg[/img]
Capt. Conduit - Demonik - Candi Stryper - Arctic Pyre - xx Raptor xx - Ehrlicht - Feral Feret - Chemotherapist

JeyNyce

You're right.  I forgot how to play this game.  Gave it another tried and played much better, still a bit slow, but I now how the actions setup so when I'm using one the other is charging.  It flows better and more streamline
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

It seems that I was actually initially right, and Issue 21 was supposed to have been released Sept 1, with the full Freedom (the F2P part) out a few days later, but a few major issues prevented it.  In fact their Facebook page actually announced that it was out on that date before someone noticed it and pulled it down.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

MJB

Anyone know what the major issue was that prevented the release?

catwhowalksbyhimself

It seems the major one is that the market place won't work on Macs.  There were a few others, it seems, but this was one of the biggest ones.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.