News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Real Historical Super Heroes Contest

Started by Tawodi Osdi, February 11, 2011, 04:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawodi Osdi

If there real super-heroes in the world and there have always been real super-heroes, which real historical figures would likely become real super heroes and what abilities and powers would they have?  Alternatively, you could take a real historical figure and make a super-villain

To start, I am going to choose Leonardo da Vinci.  He used his advanced engineering inventions to become the supreme protector of Renaissance Italy.  Though many of his original inventions have been destroyed in super-heroic action or simply by the ravages of time, some are still in perfect working order.

Kenn

There was a Galilean carpenter/mason, about 2000 years ago, who walked on water; cured the sick, the lame, and the blind; transformed water into wine; and had resurrection abilities.  He was also prone to getting physical if he caught you selling stuff at the temple.  Look him up.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

BlueBard

I think the term "Real" is throwing a bit of confusion.  "Historical Super Heroes" kind of captures the intent, I think.  Obviously, there are no "Real" super heroes in the sense of the superhuman Marvel/DC kind, so they are by definition "Fictional".  The challenge is to fictionalize a historical person with superhuman abilities they never had.

Forum rules prevent me from commenting on the second example, except to say that I would not want to see a fictional treatment.

Anyway, it's not a real fan fic contest unless there's a story.  There is no challenge to throwing around concepts.

I'll give it some thought.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Tawodi Osdi

Bard, you stated it better than I did.  I was taking a break from a lot of reading for school and my brain was a little mushy.  I've, also, been in the process of writing some a couple of short stories for a super-heroic world I have been creating and was brainstorming what would be true of my world.  I've decided that many stories of classic literature really happened, but that is hardly original.  Then I was thinking of historical figures whose lives were uncanny and started wondering if some of those figures were super heroes in their own time, and thought it might be a fun thing to explore, and I thought it might be something that would be fun to share.  I probably should have called it an experiment instead of a contest, but like I said, my brain was mushy at the time.

BlueBard

No big deal, T.O.  Believe me, I understand mushy-brain syndrome.

Just post a short story in-theme and all is forgiven.  :D
STO/CO: @bluegeek