News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Am I missing something? - mappack 2.0

Started by Swingman, January 26, 2011, 02:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swingman

I've just installed Gogglespizannos fantastic mappack 2.0. Great stuff! Nevertheless, it seems I'm missing some graphics, as the pink squares on the picture below indicates. This is a reoccurring problem on every town map featuring these kind of street corners. Could someone enlighten me towards what file I'm missing exactly and perhaps why that is, if in fact that is the problem. I haven't messed around with anything in the mappack, just installed it as it is. If someone could help me out, or point me towards something that will, it would be really nice. I have no idea how to solve this.

Spoiler

GogglesPizanno

Oh those cursed corners.
Those things were the bane of my existence for a while when I was converting maps.
So do the corners not appear on all FF city maps or just on non-vanilla custom city maps?

If its a custom map that is using a custom texture folder, its quite possible that texture did not get copied into said texture folder and you can just copy it from the textures folder into whatever the custom texture folder is.

If its a straight conversion of one of the default FF city maps and the texture is still missing, then its probably a missing texture entirely.

Swingman

After a bit of poking around in FFEdit, making everything worse, I ended up "reinstalling" the mappack. Following some more pointless messing about in FFEdit (mostly pointless, because I generally have very little concept of what I'm doing in there), like renaming the texture directory for some obscure reason I can no longer account for, save, try map, rename texture dir back to original, save, try map and then, all of a sudden it worked. All the street corners were there and I'm none the wiser. No logical explanation I can see, but it works and that's the most important:)

Thanks for your answer though, GogglesPizanno. At least it definitely seems the mappack wasn't the problem. On the contrary it's downright awesome:) I guess it represents a lot of converting-work on your part, so just to let you know, now that your here, the work is very much appreciated.