News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

character tool 2 crashing

Started by Amazo Version 2.2, September 30, 2011, 06:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

hi everyone, i just updated my avg security system on my pc, it's a vista, and now my character tool for  :ffvstr: keeps crashing. deos anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? thanks much!
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

justintyme2174

It must have something to do with AVG.  I have the same problem as well.  Does yours give you a Windows error?

justintyme2174

After checking the AVG forums, I have found a temporary fix to the problem.  It seems the "identity protection" feature on the new version is what is causing the problem.  You can go in and disable this feature until they have a fix for it.  My character tool is working correctly since I disabled it.

Cyber Burn

How do you do that? I've been having the same problem. I've been getting around it by running CTool2 as an Adminstrator.

justintyme2174

On the AVG screen that says "overview", click the "identity Protection" icon and then there is a box to check to enable/disable it.

Amazo Version 2.2

i appreciate all the responses. thansk.  :thumbup: i'll try this out.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.