News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Turtle Power!

Started by BentonGrey, April 13, 2010, 03:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanwinters

Got a clue on the mission briefing problem yet?  Sounds strange!

BentonGrey

I've sorted out those briefing bugs and about a thousand others.  TMNT missions 1-7 are finally working, and I'm sending them to my testers now.  In the meantime, I'd like someone to do me a small favor.  I need a portrait of Krang to serve as a placeholder until his skin is completed.  It can come from comics or the tv show, what have you, but I'll need it for this release.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

I Googled Krang and found this, if it is the right guy I can made a portrait to you, buddy. Just let me know if I found the right "Krang", ok?

BentonGrey

Hey JJ, thanks man!  A quick Google search turned this up: http://media.photobucket.com/image/krang/TimothyKelly/Krang-colors.jpg 

This cameo of his will be before he gets the body, so do you think you could make a portrait from that image?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

John Jr.

oldmanwinters

Alright, it looks like it will be a good Labor Day!

I have a few things I'm noticing, but I figured I'd need to address the biggest problem I see first.

I'm not able to complete the "Things that Go Bump in the Night" mission.  The first couple of times I played it, the game crashed when I tried to take out the two thugs on the rooftop.  Eventually, I stopped messing with them and just followed the red arrow to complete the primary objective.  After finding Casey and defeating him the game would run the cutscene, then fade to black and never return.  I bypassed this problem when I played through the mission a couple more times by skipping that cutscene with the Esc key.  Then I defeated the thugs (there was a red arrow but no new primary objective) with Raph and Casey and watched the next cutscene.  After it finished, the game just went back into free roam mode (for my lack of a better term), without any new objectives or arrows.  I ran around beating up thugs until I figured the mission was supposed to be over and restarted the mission.  I played through the whole thing again and got to the cutscene and hit Esc hoping I could bypass the problem like before, but the game once again went into free roam mode.  That's the point I'm at so far.  Any help?

Minor Points
I believe Splinter's name has been misspelled as "Spinter" on the character listing.   :P
There is a "dead" Casey Jones laying next to the Opera House (at least there is after Raph teams up with Casey.  Creepy...
I'm a bit confused whether I'm supposed to keep the thug alive before I defeat Casey.  If I do, then he helps me take out Casey and stands next to the heroes during the cutscene.  I usually just take him out myself without consequences.
On the character listing, all the regular Freedom Force heroes seem to be listed twice.  Weird?

EDIT: I think I might have had some incomplete files.  I'm gonna try deleting my old TMNT file and unzipping the fresh one.

EDIT 2: I've now got all the files in my Missions folder, but I still can't pass Level 4 after Casey & Raph beat the group of thugs and the cutscene plays.  It still goes into freeroam mode.  It looks like the game isn't blacking out after the cutscene where Raph interrogates Casey though, so perhaps that problem is fixed with proper installation.

BentonGrey

Bah!  Okay, I'll need to do some testing myself with this.  I have no clue what is going on, and that mission was working well for me.  Something like this always manages to happen. :P  Could you play through it again as far as you can and then email me your script.log from your main FF directory?  That might tell me what is happening.  In the interim, since I'll be traveling today and won't be able to test anything, I'd suggest using the mission win code to go on with the campaign.  Hopefully the other missions work better. :wacko:

You can find instructions on how to use the codes here:
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/freedomforcevsttr.html

It's entirely possible I had some typos in the strings for some of these characters.  Definitely point them out, and I'll make sure to fix them before release.
God Bless

oldmanwinters

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 06, 2010, 12:51:21 PM
Bah!  Okay, I'll need to do some testing myself with this.  I have no clue what is going on, and that mission was working well for me.  Something like this always manages to happen. :P  Could you play through it again as far as you can and then email me your script.log from your main FF directory?  That might tell me what is happening.  In the interim, since I'll be traveling today and won't be able to test anything, I'd suggest using the mission win code to go on with the campaign.  Hopefully the other missions work better. :wacko:

Thanks, I got the cheat win code working no problem and tried out the April/Casey level and tried to start the Enoch Inc Robbery mission.  When I load up the 5th mission (Enoch Inc Robbery), the level starts but all I can see are the characters standing in a black void with pinkish objects sitting around.  I can't even get them to move around, so my version of the game must be missing some information to make the level playable.  I skipped it and am now messing around in the Splinter mission.

I'll probably need some more advice on how to locate the script.log file.  I've searched for both script.log and script.txt but can't locate them.  One problem might be that I'm using a Vista OS and the arrangement is different than yours.

The April/Casey mission works pretty good, but here's a list of minor things I've noticed:
*Casey always has a pinkish tint to this skin in this mission (he looks fine in the previous mission and in the sewer base.  I've also noticed this problem sometimes when I use Casey in Rumble Room. Could it be a level specific problem?
*The mission continues as normal even if Casey or April dies.  I'm guessing for the nature of mission, April should be required to survive?
*I haven't been able to kill the first Foot Soldier before he activates the alarm.  He usually starts out so far away that it's really hard for Casey or April to chase him down.
*Whenever April does her "Smite the Wicked" attack, she will either do a quick slap or else levitate and then bring down an overhead smash like Alchemiss.  Her KO animation usually involves her levitating and then collapsing on the floor.  I'm not sure if it is fixable, but it does look a little strange to see her floating in the air. :lol:

Also, I love the scene where Shredder mutates Rocksteady and Bebop.  I have noticed that they both have pinkish tints to their skins after the mutation though (might be the same problem Casey is having with certain levels).  EDIT: I sat through it again and Bebop and Rocksteady looked fine.  Weird?

EDIT: Ok, I've spent some time with Splinter's level.  Everything looks good but once I free Leonardo and talk to him, I lose control of the game and can no longer move.  Nothing happens once I hit the talk command.

oldmanwinters

Pardon the double post, but my last one was getting crowded!

I played through the Splinter mission again.  This time I destroyed all 4 turtles' cages before talking to Leo and everything worked fine.  I was able to finish the level with only one minor but strange problem.  When I backtracked to take out a remaining foot soldier (the Sentry who stands by the door where April/Casey entered the earlier mission, I was aided by an additional set of TMNT!  Seriously, they just came out of the corner and started helping me!  I just decided to walk away and everything was fine.  The exit to this level is a bit strange, since it's just a random door sitting in one of the rooms.  It was pretty close to the command center so the 2 minute deadline made it seem like I had way too much time.

I played the Rocksteady/Bebop level and I love the structure of the mission!  The only problem was that Bebop and Rocksteady's bodies were pure pink, while their heads and weapons looked correct.  I've only played through this mission once though.  EDIT: Bebop and Rocksteady tend have this glitch when I play them in Rumble Room in the city level, but it's not always consistent.

EDIT: One additional question, how do I access all of April's attacks in Rumble Room mode?  She only has her "Smite the Wicked."

BentonGrey

Yikes!  Alright Winters, thanks so much for being thorough man.  This is just the kind of feedback that creates good mods, so good work.  Let's start with the script.log thing.  It SHOULD be a .txt file located in your FFvTTR main directory, down among all the game files, beneath the folders.  If it isn't there, I don't know where to tell you to look.  I imagine that you could be right, Vista could be behind that, and I rather imagine that it may also be behind some of our other problems.  So, let's go through your notes:

The pinkish hues you noticed, along with the completely pink skins are a graphical glitch that FF2 is prone to.  When using .tga files in skins, the game will occasionally freak out.  It generally happens when your video card is under a certain amount of strain, or after extended play.  Fortunately, there is an easy fix.  You can just convert the .tga files to .dds format, which is something that I am planning on doing in the final release.  In the meantime, it is annoying, but keep in mind that it won't be permanent.

Raph's Night Out (Raph and Casey):
*I have to teleport the Casey you fight away.  I'll put him on top of a building or something elsewhere, somewhere out of sight.
*The thug with Casey is just window dressing.  You'll probably have to take him out eventually, but he doesn't really matter.  He DOES make the fight a bit easier, though.
*Hmm, the double listing of built-ins is odd...maybe you've got them copied as herofiles?

Snooping Reporter (April and Casey):
*Unfortunately, EZScripting doesn't give me as fine control as I might like.  You'll only lose if BOTH characters bite it.  I'd like to make it a bit more nuanced, but I can't really do that.
*Doesn't he run towards you in a CS?  If not....curious.  Either way, I'll probably just change that into a straight up fight encounter.  It will make it simpler.
*That...is an example of me being lazy.  I totally forgot that I hadn't skoped her KF's.  I'll fix that, and rename that power.

Splinter Insurance:
*The four Turtles you found by the door are the ones from inside the cages.  Basically, it worked better to use two sets, and I couldn't kill them...but EZScript should have gotten rid of them after a while.  I'll check my script.  Either way....I didn't expect anyone to go back out there. :unsure:
*Yeah, I got lazy with the exit...how about a manhole cover instead?  Did you have the Foot ninjas coming after you?  Do you think it would be better to have to race to the entrance that April and Casey came in?

I'm glad you liked the mutation CS!  I really wanted that moment to be in the mod. :D  Also, I'm glad you liked the Bebop/Rocksteady mission.  I enjoyed writing those two boneheads.  Fighting them with the Turtles was a neat change of pace, I thought, since they were so strong.

As for April's power...that's probably a matter of me mislabeling the two different April characters.  One is a civilian, one is a hero.  The civilian only has the slap.

Well, it looks like MOST of the glitches you experienced are simple fixes...the problems with the Raph/Casey mission concern me though.  I'll try and do some testing on my end.
God Bless

Dan

Quote from: style on May 20, 2010, 02:50:02 AM
Yeah its hard sometimes to keep track of who belongs to who and I got u on Leatherface, Ratking, and the Punk Frogs Benton! Oh and Usagi! :thumbup: ;)
Wait Leatherface? So the killer from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre is going to be in this mod to?

Scorpion13mk2

No, Im almost certain he meant Leatherhead. Which is interesting in that the player would probably have an easier time of it if it were only Leatherface, since Leatherface is just some mead is a mentally challenged hick with a chainsaw, and Leatherhead is an alligator man with super-strength.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on December 04, 2010, 10:26:40 PM
No, Im almost certain he meant Leatherhead. Which is interesting in that the player would probably have an easier time of it if it were only Leatherface, since Leatherface is just some mead is a mentally challenged hick with a chainsaw, and Leatherhead is an alligator man with super-strength.

And a shotgun and assorted other nastiness.  Ha,yeah, Leatherhead is who I meant:
http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/dream-team-part-iv/
God Bless