Issue 19 : Alpha Strike

Started by electro, October 05, 2010, 10:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Cool.  Now I'm tempted to try and get the game working again.  Maybe once this goes live I'll try to do so.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

SHAUNIE

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 05, 2010, 11:36:37 PM
Cool.  Now I'm tempted to try and get the game working again.  Maybe once this goes live I'll try to do so.

What's the problem?

And awh man! I ONLY use one character which is "SHAUNIE"! A level 50 Blaster eng/eng. On the Freedom Server! Can't wait to see the new animations! Great news! :thumbup: And for this, I'll reactivate my account, whenever this happens.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I have a software conflict with stuff from Stardock, including Impulse, which I use to purchase a lot of games.

Think I may have it worked around for now though.

Midnight

Fitness being inherent opens up three or four more powers on the vast majority of my toons. Yay.

catwhowalksbyhimself

There's been some more info released at New York.  Some of the highlights.

A hospital in every zone
A nurse selling inspirations in every hospital
The ability to quit directly to your character list
Four new story arcs.  One for heroes about the hospital teleporters, for for villains about Leviathan, one for Praetorians turned hero and another for Praetorians turned villain.
New difficulty adjustment contacts in Praetoria
New enemy group--Imperial Defense Force
New costume set based on that group

NeoDarke

I am so happy about this. Now I just need to get enough money saved up to restart not only my account, but my sister's. Seriously, money got that tight.
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

catwhowalksbyhimself

More info from the meet and greet yesterday.   Most significant is that that planned release date is Nov 16.  There will also be 2 freespecs with this issue, one immediately, and another a couple weeks later.

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=3306474#post3306474

Also some info on I 20, including that one of the things they are testing is a 12-24 person raid on on the BAF.

MikeB7

catwhowalksbyhimself

Man!

That means not until after Thanksgiving.  If it drops the Tuesday after, I won't even be in town.  Oh well.

MJB

There's a slim chance it could get published this Thursday.

With the big bugs still around I highly doubt we'll see it this week. :(

catwhowalksbyhimself

Castle actually said earlier that if it didn't drop today, it wouldn't come until after Thanksgiving.  They could always change plans, but I doubt it.

On the other had, the forums links to a nifty article giving the full play by play of the Apex Task Force.  Sounds like fun.

Midnight

GOOD! My work schedule is packed until we open our shows in early December. So if I have to suffer, EVERYONE WILL! BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA.

MJB

MJB

Issue 19 is now officially delayed until after the Thanksgiving week holiday.

catwhowalksbyhimself

MikeB7

catwhowalksbyhimself

MJB

It's live & it's fun so far. :)

One tip. Bring a friend for the next to last mission (Container Mish) in the Alpha arc (Mender Ramiel). People seem to be having a tough time solo'n that mission.

B A D

That would be me.

I tried it three times, each with the large villain at the end handing me my lunch.

Then I got map served and couldn't log back on. feh.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

So far so good on the new issue.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.