News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Fewtbawl Fevah!

Started by MJB, September 05, 2010, 05:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

It's high school football season and around here it means homemade art projects!

Been working with my wife this past week on a poster for the oldest boy. Just before we started working on the poster my wifey finished up hand painting a banner for the team. It was done on a King sized sheet and it took weeks to finish.

I think it turned out awesome!

She asked me to come up with an idea for a poster for Homecoming night. When I think of stuff to draw it's usually super heroes so... I drew a super hero. :D

That was the rough sketch. I then re-drew it on a poster board. The wife painted it up and then I drew out the logo on another board. She then painted that up to look like rock and we glued it all together and VIOLA!

It may be hard to tell from the photo but she put some really cool subtle shading on the arms & helmet. She also went in and gave the lightning this cool gradient affect to simulate it glowing. She also did this cool dry brush technique that really makes the rock look like stone. With the sharp angles and depth I drew in combined with her dry brushing the thing really looks like stone.

I may be biased but I think my little wifey is one heck of a painter.  :wub:

naitvalis

very nice, remind me that famous pin up of hulk ...

MJB

Thanks for the comment, Naitvalis!

naitvalis

meh now post a comment on my works too eheh :lol: