Installing VP's in 3rd Reich FFX3..need help im stuck

Started by kingb33, June 06, 2010, 05:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingb33

I used the tutorial here:
http://frworld.wikispaces.com/How+to+install+a+voicepack

I assume it works for FFX3? 

I followed the directions and have yet to get it to work...

I have 1 question so far though

All the install voice pack instructions i've found so far say to "unzip" the files in the voice pack you download to here:  Data\Sounds\Speech\English

So do i unzip the actual "mp3 files" into that folder?  Or the folder that's IN the zip file that is holding all the mp3's?

FOR EXAMPLE i downloaded this voice pack and the contents are:

readme.txt
sh_batman (this is the "folder" with the mp3's)
FF-Batman.txt
FF-gen.txt
FFv3R-Batman.txt
FFv3R-gen.txt

So do i extract all the mp3's in that "sh_batman" folder to "Data\Sounds\Speech\English" ?

Or can i just keep them in the folder?

---Also the FFX3 mod doesn't have a "Data\Sounds\Speech\English" folder

Can i just assume that it will pull from the regular  :ffvstr:   C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Sounds\Speech\English  ?

Or do i have to create that folder structure in FFX3?

Thanks

John Jr.

Follow the instructions of the Read Me, they will guide you.
Anyway, some vps go directly on the "Data\Sounds\Speech\English" folder, other (like the Batman one you downloaded) go inside a folder (so, you should install the sh_batman folder inside the "Data\Sounds\Speech\English" folder.
And no, you don't need create a "Speech" folder inside FFX3, you can install the vps inside the main Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Sounds\Speech\English folder.
I hope it helps.

kingb33

Hi thx for responding this is very difficult to do  :banghead:

1) I assume my output directory in FFEDIT needs to be:  C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Lang\English

2) I don't need to set an input directory right?  

3) When you hit the "Generate Language Files" inn FFEDIT how do u know when it's done?

4) Also if i did it correctly where will my "batman" VP show up? in the game when i can choose the voice in the "info" tab of a character?  It will just say "batman?"  Thats the name i choose under characters and templates in FFEDIT.

5) I know im supposed to create a "copy" in "characters" in FFEDIT for my new VP and rename it.  I always choose "alchemiss" cuz she is first in the list.  Am i supposed to also create a "copy" and rename "alchemiss" in templates too?  Right?

I followed the instructions exactly but the VP never shows up in the drop down list as a choice...ugh very frustrating i tried it 4 times already.   :wacko:

Thx for the help...this is a little confusing

John Jr.

1) If you want to use the vps in the FFX3 mod, yes.
2) No, there's no need for an input directory.
3) Just wait a few minutes, it doesn't show a "Done" message.
4) If you named the template "batman" it will use this name. I always use "Voice...", to avoid doubts with characters and it make easier to find the vps on the list (for instance, my Batman voice is "voicebats").
5) Yes, you will need a renamed copy of a character and a template (both must be copies of the same original character and have the same name).
Maybe you should download a mod, you could play with characters complete with custom meshes, skins, vps and fx while you try to get the installation tricks. Most of new gamers started this way, so we can play before we learn all the tricks.

kingb33

Hi thanks for the reposes...im nervous about adding "another" mod to my install as it may just add more folders and confuse even more? But i know what u r saying...

Is VPMAX required to install custom voice packs?

http://crimsonquill.wordpress.com/mpmax-mod/

Or is that just an add-on?

Thanks

John Jr.

VPMax is a huge collection of great voicepacks. You don't need it to install vps.
Each mod is a separate folder, so you can install one and just play it, without adding anything, since a lot of them already got vps and all.

ubky

Not sure if this is right, but it worked for me.
I was having trouble with this also.  I'd do all the tutorial bits and couldn't find the voices in the drop down.
What I ended up doing was upon creating the templates of the characters in FFEdit I made sure that the "Use Voice" was set to 1 in the override attributes.

Voices all seem to work now.