News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's whateverz: Random Artworkzez

Started by Tomato, July 21, 2010, 11:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

just a thread for me to post whatever weird art-ish stuff I make when I'm not skinning. Today we have Sackboy costumes from...

Little Big Planet

Have a beast too, but I'm not 100% happy with it. Need to see if there's a better hair style for him.

Podmark

Aww so cute. And awesome. Look the Angel one.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

How peculiar, neanderthal X-Men. Perhaps a Deadpool and Green Lantern next? :)

Tomato

Have a few more LBP X-men done (havok, beast, colossus) but I'll post them... later. For now, here are some of the doodles I've made in class over the last few months.

This is on top of the 20-25 pages of random sheets I've written also. And I have a B to A- average right now. Clearly the Air force is using my time productively  :P

(Note: doodles were captured by use of my cell phone, so the quality could be far better were I to use a scanner... but you make do witth what you have. Also, this isn't all of them yet... I'm posting via phone, and I want to keep it to 5 images at a time to make sure the browser doesn't just close on me... should be about a dozen when I'm done.)

Edit: Here's the twelve, now in bite size!

murs47

I dont think these scans are big enough. :P

Your take on UE's av is pretty cool. Skin it.

Tomato

Here are some more... still can't resize, but I get off in just under 2 hours.

Edit: Look above.

Podmark

These are pretty cool. And I recognise most of them, yay me  :thumbup:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Tomato on August 21, 2010, 12:12:53 PMThis is on top of the 20-25 pages of random sheets I've written also. And I have a B to A- average right now. Clearly the Air force is using my time productively  :P

If you've got a working brain, you can get through most AF tech schools.  There are a couple that actually require you to know what you're doing and have skills (foreign languages, programming, combat controller, para-rescue, and I'll assume most medical), but for the most part you can pretty much learn what you need for your job (basically) in tech school.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Artemis

loads of great designs there Tom, and seeing Super Cracker made me all misty eyed for the days when I'd first found FR. awwww.

Hope to see more

Tomato

-This is a sprite sheet I made up for the creation of some of my beaded sprites... posting it for the heck of it.

Outcast

Wow. These Naruto sprites look great. Even though they're very small, the detail work on each one makes identifying them pretty easy! If there was a rpg for Naruto using sprites, i'd imagine they would look something like these. :P

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on October 11, 2010, 02:38:37 PM
Wow. These Naruto sprites look great. Even though they're very small, the detail work on each one makes identifying them pretty easy! If there was a rpg for Naruto using sprites, i'd imagine they would look something like these. :P

Heh, most of them are actually from Naruto RPG 1/2 for the DS. The ones that aren't (mostly Shippuden) were made in the same style by me.

here's a test of a sprite style for later beadeds... it's always bugged me that none of the good sprites for heroes were small enough for beadeds.

Edit: Added Superman and a base sprite... if anyone's interested I'll start a thread, even make some more bases to use.

Outcast

I see...still that's pretty impressive work in my opinion. Can't really tell the difference between your work and the rpg's.

I'm guessing making these sprite style characters is like working with micros...only they're just...."mini" micros. Maybe those who were interested in micros would also be interested in these..like Juancho? :unsure: :)

Reepicheep

Its a real talent to be able to put such distinguished designs in so few pixels. Kudos, Tomato.

Podmark

What exactly are beadeds? Are they just a small kind of artwork or are they for something specific?
Eitherway they look great. Do you create them at a larger size and then shrink them down?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on October 13, 2010, 10:56:50 AM
I see...still that's pretty impressive work in my opinion. Can't really tell the difference between your work and the rpg's.

I'm guessing making these sprite style characters is like working with micros...only they're just...."mini" micros. Maybe those who were interested in micros would also be interested in these..like Juancho? :unsure: :)

I can... mine are better. No offense meant to TOMY, I understand they have deadlines and all.. but some of the sprites are bad. You just can't tell here because I updated some of the more obnoxious stuff for my sheet.

Sort of... Micros are a kind of halfway point between spriting and digital work. The biggest distinction is that with sprites you're limited on colors(mainly because of the 256 color limit in sprited games, but Isve found it works better for the small size... more distinct). As a rule of thumb, for sprites done in my own styles I try and use 3 skin tones and then 2 for outfit tones, with a max of 15 colors a sprite.

Quote from: Podmark on October 13, 2010, 05:21:21 PM
What exactly are beadeds? Are they just a small kind of artwork or are they for something specific?
Eitherway they look great. Do you create them at a larger size and then shrink them down?

Beadeds are what I call the Perler bead creations I've made... basically I put different color beads on a specially designed pegboard and melt them together. I mainly do them to relax (it's a craft that requires patience) but they are really popular on DA for some reason... I did a Sasuke months ago and they're still getting favorited. The sprites are intended as a template for when I sit down... you'll notice the squares on the naruto ones, those are each representative of a pegboard.

Not for these. I did do that for some of the Shippuden chars, but it is more a baseline than anything. I still have to go back and do everything over regardless though, I just resize for basic shapes.

Tomato

Some updates and additions (streamlined the palette on supes and bats to better mesh with available beads, and with one another):

I want it noted that all four together come to about 18 colors+transparency. I think the highest color count so far is 10.

AfghanAnt

Outcast

Nice work on those new superhero sprites. :)

Tomato

Tomato

These are some in-game shots from my avatar in the PS3 game "Modnation Racers." Fairly simple, but I like it. If anyone else has an avatar they want to post, I'd love to see it.

MJB

Tomato

-Not entirely sure how exactly this came about... I'm weird post midnight, I come up with all kinds of crazy ideas that I'll never finish.

Based on a Jump Superstars sprite (Gotenks), might go and do all the Influx characters if I feel up to it.

Edit:

Only my av is left now. Yayz.

Tomato

Last one, for now anyway. If what I'm doing picks up, I'll be doing a whole bunch though.

Tomato

Murs asked me to design the alternate head for his av... Hi main criteria seemed to be "be as racist as humanly possible"  :blink:

murs47

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Tomato on January 06, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
Murs asked me to design the alternate head for his av... Hi main criteria seemed to be "be as racist as humanly possible"  :blink:

Where do you find a hood for a head that big?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

Tomato

So, after a fair bit of time an effort, I've managed to get most of the Xmen figures I needed for my collection... the ones I'm going to be able to get decent versions of anyway *looks at Toad and Havok sideways.* The only two I have to get now are Storm and Nightcrawler (don't ask me how, they just ended up the last ones  :wacko: ). I still have a bunch of customs to get, but when I'm done my plan is to have displays for 3 groups of X-men (8 members on each team)facing off against their villainous counterparts. To celebrate the (near) completion of my non-custom collection, I assembled my "Face Offs" for a temporary display... and I do mean temporary, as 4 of the 20 figures fell over within 30 seconds of me taking photos.  :P

And here are the figures currently unpaired.

... I will be editing this post with smaller pics asap

Tomato

So, I got bored earlier. This happened.

-Please not that the image isn't exactly mine... it's an edit of another artist's work.

So yeah, two guesses as to what I'm thinking is gonna happen with O'grady now that Lang's back alive.