News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZHero "error 55-file already open"

Started by daglob, October 29, 2009, 03:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I keep getting this error even when I try to create a new character. What's wrong?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

daglob

IT FIXED ITSELF!!!! I hate it when that happens.

area34

I hate it when Nifconvert doesn't work on a nif and then you try again some other time and it works... magically.

daglob

Quote from: daglob on October 31, 2009, 07:19:12 PM
IT FIXED ITSELF!!!! I hate it when that happens.

Okay, it un-fixed itself, but I noticed that the "blank" really IS blank; usually the stats are all "1", and instead they are empty. It seems like if you go the the mesh block and fill in "standard" and pick any mesh, it will still give you an error message about the file being open, but it doesn't close the program-suddenly the stats are all "1", and you can open a file or create a new one. if that doesn't work, try adjusting the stats with the pull-down window, fill in the the 'standard" skin and choose a mesh.

So, it's not really fixed, but this is a work around. Maybe somebody will take pity on us...

catwhowalksbyhimself

Me, I can't even open a file.  I'll play with it though.

Does anyone have the previous version?  I never had any trouble with that one.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

freegentile

I got this today, for first time ever using it...had it over a year. Tried to run FFX Control Centre & rebooted PC, but made no difference. Just letting everyone know this issue still exists. AlexFF, you out there?

freegentile

That is, this is the first time I've ever gotten that message using EZ Hero & have had FF, FFVTTR, & EZ Hero for well over a year.

freegentile

Oddly enough, got it to behave by installing again from Alex's site. Lovely.

freegentile

Well, now it's back to doing the same thing. Having to reinstall every few days is going to be interesting. Noted that when reinstalling, the new install points your character.dat to a test/NTSD, or something like that. As well, when I tried to create a new hero today, it showed no meshes in custom_characters. That ain't good! Anyway, if anyone has an "in" w/ AlexFF, it'd be great to put a bug in his ear re: this to see if he's ever run across it.

deano_ue

if you're running a 64 bit system it seems you're out of luck.

i'm on win 7 64 and keep getting comdlg32.ocx file missing

freegentile

Interestingly enough, I'm on your garden variety XP Pro SP3 box. I did note that there may be some correlation to hero files paired w/ m25ai files. When I try to open that m-hulk.hero, for instance, from that zip file called "All hero files for FFV3R" that someone made available a while back, I get the error. Some hero files, it opens w/out issue. Does EZ Hero balk @ putting in a .hero & .m25ai together sometimes? I am currently importing hero & m25ai files for characters that exist in my copy of ffx3_Mappack & renaming them. However, I had this problem before I started doing that, about a week ago. I have reinstalled EZ Hero on my E: instead of C: & it does appear to be more stable there, yet I do get the occasional error noted in this topic when I open specific hero files...like some of those hulk hero files. Interesting. For instance, the classic hulk will open fine, but the defenders hulk & ultimate hulk won't.