News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kissing Animation?

Started by Stephy Grayson, April 06, 2010, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephy Grayson

Hi guys!,
I was wondering why there's no kissing animation, after all various characters have significant others and we have only the "kiss" animation in some meshes, but no actual kissing. We need it for characterization cutscenes, after all we have several famous couples in comics!

cmdrkoenig67

Eve's animations include a kiss-blowing anim, but that's about it.

Dana

Tawodi Osdi

I would imagine that would be because the role-playing option is limited in the game.  It's actually more a combat tactics game, and except for Bugs Bunny, most heroes don't kiss their opponents.  Still, a Poison Ivy mesh with a kissing animation would appropriate, and there are support powers used to help fellow team members that might be interesting if done through a kissing animation.

Valandar

Another reason is the same reason there's pretty much no grappling animations - interaction on that level between two meshes is remarkably difficult to coordinate in a cutscene, let alone during the chaos of an actual mission.

That being said, it might be a good (read: fun) idea to make a Male Basic and Female Basic set of Cutscene Only animations.

Things like "Facepalm", "Converse calmly", "Argue heatedly", "threaten to hit", "Laugh uproriously", and so on.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

daglob

Or Toon animations, like Melee Kiss (wouldn't have to be perfect), eating a carrot (or can of spinach) Power animation,

Maybe someone could scope the rabbit (can't remember the name of the mesh) that has similar animations onto Spy vs. Spy...

lugaru

I swear I had posted on this thread, I must be losing it. Like Val says we had some talks a long time ago of making like male and female "actor" keyframes. Instead of punches and kicks it would be stuff like he mentions, emotes of all sorts. That way you could load up a different "actor" character for the cutscene and then go back to your regular melee character for the action.

detourne_me

Using IPS's keyframes i've added 'contacts' to some of his cutscene_idle animations to simulate kisses for Rogue.  that's one possibility.

John Jr.

Quote from: detourne_me on April 07, 2010, 01:08:49 PM
Using IPS's keyframes i've added 'contacts' to some of his cutscene_idle animations to simulate kisses for Rogue.  that's one possibility.

May you, please, explain it further, DM? Stephy really wants to see some romance in my EZScript stories.
She read too many XIX century romances...

lugaru

I think it would ad some storytelling options, not to mention a cute "inspire" move in the actual game for a pair of lovebird crime fighters.

kiapet

Some of Tommyboy's meshes have cutscene intended animations (they're all listed as specials).  They're basically people talking with their hands since, as noted, it's hard to have two characters really interact.  Best way to do it in my opinion is to make a single mesh with two bodies in it and animate them to interact properly.  If it's only for cutscenes and not in-game, there's no reason that wouldn't work.