News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Human Ninja or Brain IBM?

Started by BentonGrey, May 15, 2010, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Foot Clan in Benton's TMNT mod be human ninjas or robotic servants?

Make them human!
4 (30.8%)
They should totally be robots!
3 (23.1%)
Why not do both?!
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: June 02, 2010, 03:20:24 PM

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I've been steeping myself in Turtle lore lately, working on my TMNT mod and watching my newly aquired DVDs of the original series, as well as reading the old comics and having a Turtles movie marathon.  (The wife was out of town, so it's tradition for me to do a nerdy movie marathon when this is the case)  Anyway, my original plan for the mod was for it to be loosely based on the original toon, including the fact that the Foot Soldiers were robots.  However, because of all the different versions of the Turtles I've been reading and watching lately, I'm beginning to question that.  Specifically, TMNT made me ponder that decision.  I've already started moving away from the cartoon in some small ways (like Casey Jones becoming a big player rather than just a cameo), as I suppose is my habit.  I tend to take existing stories and 'tweak' them, creating my own continuities and adventures.  I guess it is a habit I picked up with the DCUG, which was all about that.  Either way, I just thought I would put the question to the Turtles fans here, try and get a wider range of ideas.  Should the Foot be human ninjas, robots, or perhaps even a mixture of both?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Mr. Hamrick

why not both?  having one set being slightly more difficult perhaps or maybe one set for a particular level.

kkhohoho

You know, before reading this thread, I voted for 'human', but now that I think about it, you could do both. Have the grunt soldiers be robots, and then create a higher level of Foot ninjas that are humans. Now, one could argue that robots are made of metal and humans aren't, but I think it would be best for the humans to have that feeling of the ones 'in charge', not the bots.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Uncle Yuan

I'm old school.  The cartoons are an abomination.  April owns a junk shop.  The little squidly guys in the robots are GOOD guys.  And Casey Jones is a dangerous psychotic who beats muggers to death with a hockey stick.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

BentonGrey

Casey never actually beat anyone to death...just ALMOST to death.  Anyway, I can sympathize, but I love the 'toons.  I also happen to love just about all incarnations of the Turtles....except for that latest crossover movie thing.....THAT was an abomination.

Thanks for the feedback guys!  How would we feel about multi-colored foot ninjas like the arcade games?  Perhaps one of the other colors (red? white?) might be an upper echelon of human ninjas?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 26, 2010, 03:31:01 AM
How would we feel about multi-colored foot ninjas like the arcade games?  Perhaps one of the other colors (red? white?) might be an upper echelon of human ninjas?

I always loved the multi-colored Foot concept that the video games introduced and wished the cartoon could have incorporated that element.  I always felt that the purple foot soldiers in your game seem a little too skilled considering they are robots (they dodge quite a bit!), but I think you should save the human characters for something like a "Foot Elite" set of enemies.  But, I say go all the way with the multi-colored Foot idea!

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 26, 2010, 03:31:01 AM
except for that latest crossover movie thing.....THAT was an abomination.

Aww, I thought it was fun. And it was a decent send off for the new show.

I missed the poll but honestly I'm having a hard time choosing.
I always loved destroying all the multi-coloured foot robots in the games. But the robot foot soldiers have always been close to useless.
The human soldiers in the original comics, new cartoon, and movies work better if you want to make foot soldiers more of a challenge.
Both is probably a good option.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page