Freedom Force VS The 3rd Reich Help!

Started by AnimalBear, May 03, 2010, 08:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalBear

I buy westerday  :ffvstr: and i have a big problem.
I install the game well on Windows Vista (x64) but in the end when i click Play Appears a Error :(

Can anyone or someone helping solving the problem?
I try Virtual PC, Restart, Run as Administrator and change compatibility but nothing  :cry:
My folder version is Digital Jesters.
The Cover is made by Playgames (Portugal).
I buy this game for nothing?

Regards
AnimalBear  :D

GogglesPizanno

I cant speak with certainty, as I am not running Vista or a 64bit OS, but I believe the Digital Jesters release of the game had a lot of issues. My guess is that it's a problem with the Digital Jesters release of the game and not being compatible with modern operating systems.

I think most people playing it on modern OS's (Vista, Windows 7 etc...) are using the recently released versions from Steam.

AnimalBear

Yeah i know but i need fix this without steam everything is possible.

daglob

There is something called Vitual PC that will create a virtual machine in the memory of your compter and you can have it run an older copy of Windows. I have to use it to convert files, but it won't run FF1, at least on my computer. You may have better luck. I do not know where it came from; my computer guru had a copy.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: AnimalBear on May 03, 2010, 11:32:21 PM
Yeah i know but i need fix this without steam everything is possible.

I don't think many people on the board are using the Digital Jesters version anymore as it was so poorly put together and there are low cost alternatives that do work, so I'm afraid you may not be able to get a good answer for getting it working.

Quote from: daglob on May 04, 2010, 06:25:19 PM
There is something called Vitual PC that will create a virtual machine in the memory of your compter and you can have it run an older copy of Windows. I have to use it to convert files, but it won't run FF1, at least on my computer. You may have better luck. I do not know where it came from; my computer guru had a copy.

I think he indicated that he tried Virtual PC... (as an FYI it's a free download from Microsoft.)
Even if that would work, the video drivers the virtual PC uses basically emulate a really generic card/driver set, so performance would probably be really bad if it worked at all.

AnimalBear

Sorry my friends but Virtual PC is not my point because can?t read graphic Cards don?t you see the windows need DirectX to play the game  :angry:

AnimalBear

Is there a solution or patch you can made this to play on Vista Please!  :cry:

Previsionary

There are no patches for FFv3R. I don't think the game can be played on Vista 64 bit. Don't quote me on that though. You should probably give more information about your computer because it could easily just be a compatibility issue with your system set up (graphics card, etc.)
Disappear when you least expe--

AnimalBear

Still compatibility not working.
I resolve the problem from the game just easy....
I sell the game and with more 2 Euros i but Fallout 3.
Case Closed!  :D