Started by bat1987, April 02, 2010, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Some major changes to these power sets

Melee
http://www.champions-online.com/node/594925

Supernatural
http://www.champions-online.com/node/594915

Melee ones sounds awesome, sooo much improvement, really loving everything they mentioned, its sure is a great boost. Except of course BCR is getting nerfed, not sure why never saw it as overpowered. Cant wait really.

Good idea for supernatural too, always wanted to make a werewolf hero, but had no idea which power set he could use. This will bexcellent.

lugaru

Cool news, I have a bouncy martial artist who will benefit from all this.

Xenolith

Wow, the game is not particularly difficult as it is, but these changes to melee will make it much, much easier to play.  Energy generation was a huge problem and remains so to this day. 

I hope they give us a free retcon because I need to rebuild Mister Green now that lunge powers are worth having...or so it seems.

I can see myself building another melee character because of these changes.

bat1987

I still have retcon I got for reaching lvl 40, but after every major power change they give out free retcons if u don`t already have one.

Xenolith

I used my level 40 retcon to remove the non-brutish powers so I could get the tier 4 power. 

GhostMachine

Not too thrilled about the changes to Thunderbolt Lunge, but all the other power changes sound interesting.

I have 3 characters with Supernatural powers (not counting Midnight Crusader, who only has Regeneration and Resurgance) and they'll definitely be getting some of the new/modified powers.

Oh, and regarding Tier 4 powers, I don't know about the others, but Implosion Engine rocks. When Revelation went live, I retconned and dropped Mini-Mines for it on Midnight Crusader, and also sacrificed a level in Toxic Nanites to make the IE lvl 2. (Having TN at lvl 2 was a waste, anyway, since I'm Munitions; I usually only use the Nanites with Assault Rifle or Gatling Gun, anyway. Though it will work with Sniper Rifle if I charge it immediately after activating the Nanites.) I sometimes use the IE to set up an Orbital Cannon strike.

Xenolith

I originally gave Mr Green Orbital Strike and that was his most powerful and useful attacks because of the energy issue.  The Tier 4 melee power is okay, but you have to take a pounding before it becomes really devastating.  It's basically your guy saying "Hulk Smash" and then the enemies go flying.

I've never used any of the charging powers in any of the sets because engaing too soon was never in my best interest, but I'll retcon to take it now just as an experiment.

I'm really enjoying this game now.

Xenolith

bTW...I just saw some new swamp and rock costumes pieces in the C-Store.

UnkoMan

My main character is melee (with some supernatural and darkness). I never found building energy difficult. Or hitting people, usually. Or being locked by my charge power. In fact... I never had a problem at all. Sometimes my charged kick didn't hit, but oh well. I accepted it.

Now it's going to just be super easy. I'm not complaining though. I don't like my video games too hard... because I'm not that good at them in the first place. So good. My other melee heroes will take advantage of this stuff for sure. They already have lunges. Parry sounds cool. I will have to try that out. It adds a nice level of skill.

This bestial stuff looks interesting. And the new Pestilence. I think I will be picking that up by the time I get to 40.

lugaru

Quote from: UnkoMan on April 02, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
My main character is melee (with some supernatural and darkness). I never found building energy difficult. Or hitting people, usually. Or being locked by my charge power. In fact... I never had a problem at all. Sometimes my charged kick didn't hit, but oh well. I accepted it.

Same here... Goo is a Martial Artist (Lunge, some melee attacks and fancy dodge) but he also has Invulnerability (from power armor) and Iron Laritat (to pull or strike people with his goo tendril). The ONLY weakness I feel with him is crowd control which Martial Artists dont seem good at but who cares, I can always grab an outside power like that chain swing or whatnot. Any changes sounds like pure bonus to him being instantly more effective.

bat1987

The patch is now live. Downloading it now.

Xenolith

Cool.  However, I'm burned out on the game right now and have been playing Civ IV.

I think I'll come back when the new missions come out.

lugaru

Cant wait... I have two characters who will benefit a lot. A celestial/supernatural vampire (Yes, a vampire with holy powers) who uses a lot of claws and a martial artist (Goo) who has a few of the powers that are being modified.