Nemesis Jailed! and an Item Question

Started by Xenolith, April 13, 2010, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I jailed my first Nemesis last night (causing me to break my 1-hour of screen time per day limit) and the reward I got was pretty darn good.  I eager to start on the second Nemesis, Colonel Mustard, but after playing the jailbreak scenario, I know I made the wrong choice for his minions.  I chose to use ninjas, and they are a pain in the behind. 

Anyway, my question is this; I've earned several items that have very high PD and ED but yeild no stat bonus.  I have several of these slotted now and it's making my character less effective.  Is there a good balance that I should look for?

Valandar

Look for items that give good bonuses to your two Super Stats, not to mention the two stats ranked up by your starting condition. You will see your damage output jump dramatically. :D
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

Xenolith

It's not so much my offense that lacks, but my defense has tanked, yet I keep putting in more PD and ED.  Maybe I should go for offense.

Valandar

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

bat1987

How much CON do u have Xeno? Invul and defiance are both good passives that can increase your defence, and they scale with STR and CON respectively.

Xenolith

Well, I feel pretty dumb.  I normally never change Mister Green's role from Guardian to anything else, but on a recent NemCon mission I switched it.  When I switched it back to Guardian, the game had removed Defiance from the passive slot and I didn't realize it.  I put it back and everything is better now.

STR and CON were over 200, but I got rid of all the non-stat bonus items so Mister Green would have more offense (at Val's suggestion).  Although Mister Green is a little less rugged, he has a lot more offense.  Now I have to go about getting more blue and purple items for this new concept.

Thanks all!

bat1987

Glad you got it resolved. Btw the best way to purple out your character is by doing nemesis missions, much faster that unity.

Xenolith

Gah.  UNITY missions are terrible.  The only good part about them is that you can work on your perks for enemies defeated.