News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

custom crystal shapes and textures for FFX2.6

Started by GoldenGladiator, April 07, 2010, 11:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenGladiator

I'm trying to make a custom crystal object for use with the crystallization swap. I managed to get it to appear in game, but I don't know how to get a texture on it. I'm using the ezfx darksphere active defense animation for the crystal, to simulate a character with shade/GL type powers creating a darkforce cage. Any ideas or previous pioneers on the matter?

detourne_me

You're trying to give it a different texture?
I'd suggest duplicating the core.nif or whatever you are using for it, then open it up in nifskope.  some FX you can recolour directly in nifskope, or you could change the texture file to a different one.
I used to do some crystallize customizations for invisible woman and spider-man... hmm, maybe i will again..

DrMike2000

Take the texture that the FX uses from art/library/fx/_textures and place it in art/library/area_specific/_textures.

Its being used as an object rather than an FX, so it looks in there for its texture.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

GoldenGladiator

is there any way to tell which texture goes with the fx? i copied blak_enrgy_2 to that file path, tried it, didn't work, renamed it to ffx_darkcage (what i named the custom crystal template) and that didn't work, so I'm guessing blak_enrgy_2 is not the father. I mean texture. Again, if it matters, this is for  :ff:. Thanks

DrMike2000

You could open the /nif file in a hex editor and search for the string ".tga"

Or, if you're seeing the crystal object appear as solid white, it should report the missing texture to ff.log. That's probably a better place to look.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com