News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

what im skinning

Started by crosspotts1.0, August 26, 2022, 01:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosspotts1.0

wet works character pack on the way since alot wer lost i did most and have a few left for a whole set would love a skoper to help with the rest i cant find base meshes for them

SickAlice

What are looking for specifically? I can probably give you a pointer. I have a little free time again now and will check in nightly.

crosspotts1.0

this is the blood queen

werewolf

vampire

frankenstine vampire
those are the ones i need most help
and thank you for the lord hellspont im doing wildstorm universe from the 90s and ill throw in young blood too any help is appreciated 

SickAlice

Np about Helspont. I did that for me, I was so overjoyed to see him show up in New52. A lot of those clearly need customized 3d model parts, depends on how good you are with that or if you have someone willing to dig in. I have the perfect for the queen but it's not released yet. Gren's Valkyrie however has a cape, sword and spear/staff and is a female build. The rest just for bases and weapon anims I would also say could be found in Gren's selections on Force Of Paradox (thinking right away of his Zivon, Asgardian heroes and villain's) and  but likewise you need to do custom sculpting, not much I'm aware of matches those unique designs. Aside maybe working off Man Bat for the vampire (I remember owning that weird figure).

crosspotts1.0

I'll look in to Valkre
But I haven't been able to get my nifs right
I tried transferring a hood on to faux to make gaze from chasers who go after backlash and taboo but it keeps coming out as pink
So I guess I can't skope

SickAlice

Pink issue is settings and/or lack of named texture in directory. It also happens in CTool sometimes (often for me if I toggle through several nifs and skins) but isn't a thing that shows up in game.

Check: The settings on the hood piece in Nifskope and note any texture names. Then check the texture directory and make sure every single on is present. Note as well sometimes a minor deviation in the name can cause that, like a space or a single dot. Pink issue is almost always some simple thing is off by a single setting. Or if you can send me what you have I'll take a look and walk you through it. I had pink issues and pink gloss ones for years myself but figured it out the causes in the process of that and know how to find the exact cause now.

crosspotts1.0

That be wonderful thank you MediaFire link work to send it

SickAlice

Sorry for the late reply, I had to travel most of the day. Not sure what that means but sure, send me a link when you're ready.

crosspotts1.0

Ok I'll send it to you when I have time on Friday

SickAlice

Got it. Sent you a msg but same here, I'm fixing my roof today while the weather a lots so it'll be about a day before I get to it.

SickAlice

Okay. I'm waiting for a fog to pass before I work so I did this. I only fixed the hood. You can go through the rest and I'm giving you a brief tutorial on what's wrong and how the setting should look. As always keep a copy of male_basic_effects around and study it. That has the correct settings. The only thing wrong with it are the lighting values for  :ffvstr:. Those are obtained simply by converting the nif with EZHero and checking the Brightness box.

Fixed file:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/gaze/character_hoodfix.rar

Here I opened it in CTool2. We see your pink hood.

I changed the directory and the pink went away. It also is gone when I changed the directory back to standard. But you don't want pink at all so lets open the nif and figure out what's wrong.

Two problems right away. On the left there's extra data (unused) under the Scene Root. We don't want that stuff. Also the hood is clearly the wrong color compared to the rest of the nif. Start by removing these three extra data by Right Clicking and Block > Remove Branch. This is not causing the pink but this is not good to ever have in there.

Clicking on the hood model now. It is a "floating mesh". That means it is not inside a node and we want meshes inside nodes, not floating freely in the Scene Root. So I Right Click on the mesh/model and Block > Copy Branch.

We want it in a node that's in the right spot. I know by eye that's supposed to be this node named "hood_t_02". So with my model copied to the clipboard I right click on that node and Block > Paste Branch. I will then delete the old model after so a glitch won't occur (Right Click, Block > Remove Branch).

Now I'm looking at the texture assignment for the hood. I can see it's wrong. I know this should have three values at least and it only has two. I also scanned around and knew something else uses the same textures as the hood does. I'll go find the earliest instance in this nif.

This is the earliest instance of "zemo_bits1". Whenever pieces share a texture they should all point to the same numbered instance, which I'll show you how to do. Again I'm only doing the hood for you. But doing this avoids conflicts (thus more pink or flickering) and makes the nif smaller. Take note of the numbers I pointed to on the bottom window. Here they are 105, 106 and 107.

Also here I see the cause of the pink this time. Where I underline the texture has a directory before it. "skisn/standard/". That isn't supposed to be there. The program defaults to standard on it's own already. Except in game if you put something else in the hero file but for CTool/CTool2 it's standard to start with. So I'm going to delete those and just leave the texture names.

Here is how the texture names should look.

Back to the hoods textures settings. I said it needs three but only has two. So we are going to the number of Properties from 2 to 3. Right below that number Right Click, Array > Update to create three slots. The new one will be empty.

And here I enter the numbers from before. 105, 106 and 107 causing this model to point to the settings of the other and share it. You see the hood is now the right color. In CTool it will no longer be pink (except the occasions CTool has a memory issue, it happens but it won't be a nif problem and you just restart CTool then).

Before saving when I changed the numbers of the hoods texture settings the old now unused ones were spit out. I'm going to delete these as I did the extras before. Right Click, Block > Remove Branch. BE CAREFUL TO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE, ESPECIALLY THE SCENE ROOT! If you ever remove something by accident do not save the nif, just reopen it and start over. Else we are ready to save the nif

Those are the correct settings. There's more stuff but not what we needed here, again you can find it all in male_basic_effects. Do these steps often, you'll get it down quick and will just become habit. As I said before it actually is really easy to use Nifskope and do settings. After awhile you'll also learn how to make real cool effects using these settings.

crosspotts1.0

Thank you I still don't understand but I got it to work lol

SickAlice

That's all that matters but you will the more you do stuff. All of this just comes naturally after awhile. Okay I actually keep notes and cheat sheets but all the same.

crosspotts1.0

heres what i been working on while i been gone i think i have gotten most of stormwatch and and youngblood done  :thumbup:

heroidosilencio

I hope you release them soon.

They are getting very cool.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

crosspotts1.0

thank you ill be releasing them in whole sets with the meshes too  :D

BentonGrey

Wow, great work, CP!  You've got the whole set of characters well realized.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crosspotts1.0

Yep it only took me 5 years lol

BentonGrey

Haha, well, the DCUG only took me around 16 years...and counting.  ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/