News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Guidance

Started by BentonGrey, March 27, 2010, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

My friends, once again I come to appeal to the collective wisdom of FR. :)  I'm trying to make a rather tricky character build in CO, and while Bat and a few others have offered me some good advice, I thought that I'd like to have a concrete record of the right kinds of ideas to help me plot things out.  I'm basically going for an Aquaman-type character, who has some psionic attacks and some summoning, but who is also a tough guy in melee combat.  Now, since all of these things require different attributes to be strong, what do y'all suggest I should do?  What should I take power-wise?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GhostMachine

For toughness, I'd suggest Invulnerability from the Power Armor powers with Retaliation from Might as your block. That's what I use on Cyberknight X, my Power Armor hero. If you don't want Retaliation, then I'd suggest the block from Force, but it has a visual component. The Power Armor block wouldn't fit your concept visually and its only a good choice if you're mostly melee, due to the Laser Knight advantage.

UnkoMan

Oh yeah, Invulnerability & Retaliation. I cheated and took regen on my aquatic guy instead of invuln, just because I learned it was so awesome with the Corpse. I will probably switch him though.

Obviously you'll want super strength attacks. You probably have that in mind.

So your main thought would be strength and constitution right? But then you want the other stuff. What will you be summoning anyhow? IS there anything really... aquatic?

Then telepathic. I think some of these are affected by ego. Ego works great with dexterity. If you didn't want to get too tough you could even out your attributes over ego, dex, strength, and constitution. I usually keep two attributes as the primary, then two as the secondary, and forget about the rest. But that's just me.

I'd use the psychic stuff for crowd control and focus the pain on the might powers.

...but I totally suck at picking good powers. I just go with concept, which is why most of my characters are pretty bad. In fact right now I am trying to play a solo healer and I basically just get whupped a lot.