News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Another update

Started by Alaric, March 27, 2010, 12:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Some of you may remember me posting about my father's various health issues- that he has a form of leukemia as well as kidney failure, and had to have metal rods put into his legs because the leukemia was eating the bone away. Since his surgery, he's been mostly doing alright, except that he's been getting weaker, and a little more confused in general.

Yesterday, he was admitted into the hospital. My impression is that it's pretty serious.

I was already planning to spend next week helping out with my parents. I'm glad I'm going to be there soon, but obviously I'm also worried.

On top of everything, my nephew is currently staying with my parents (his school hadn't been working out for him, and there happened to be a really good school where my parents are, so he's staying with them and seeing his parents and brother on the weekends), and he's kind of young to have to deal with this kind of thing- of course, everyone's kind of young for dealing with this kind of thing...

Anyway, I'm leaving Sunday, and hopefully will be back in a little over a week. I may check in from my father's computer from time to time.
Fear the "A"!!!

Tawodi Osdi

My prayers are with you and your family.

docdelorean88

Alaric, my prayers go out to your family as well. Keep us updated. (That's one of the great things about being surrounded by these particular set of strangers, we care/are here for each other.)
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Tawodi Osdi

Strangers in body but family in spirit.

bat1987

Be strong mate, I agree with you saying that one is never old enough to deal with this sort of thing.
My prayers are with your family as well.

AncientSpirit

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

The Hitman

Wow... my thought are with you, man.

chuckles

I'm sorry to hear this. You, and your family are in my prayers as well.

lugaru

Hope things work out, talk about a tough situation to be in. Well, one way or another we are here for you.

Uncle Yuan

My best wishes to you and your family!

(And I have all the free medical advice you can use, just PM.  Worth every penny, I assure you!)
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Alaric

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the thoughts/prayers/hopes/etc.

A week and a half ago, my father's doctors had practically given up- even more than they let my family know at the time. However, my father's managed to bounce back, yet again- but each time he bounces back, he's not quite where he was before.

Anyway, not trying to depress people here- just thanks, everyone, for being such a great bunch of people.
Fear the "A"!!!

Glitch Girl

Sorry I'm a little late on this, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well Alaric.  I hope it all works out for the best.  Sounds like your dad is quite a fighter.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

The Phantom Eyebrow

Don't know how I missed this last time around.  Very sorry to hear of your father's illness but, as Glitch says, he certainly sounds like a fighter.  I wish him all the best, and I wish you and all the family every strength through this.