News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DCUG: Released But Still Under Construction

Started by BentonGrey, March 19, 2010, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borgaster

Quote from: WyldFyre on February 16, 2022, 11:33:43 PM
Sorry Borgaser, I didn't realize it was a mesh. If you place the entire folder in the custom_characters folder, it should come up in the custom list in the character creation screen. If you create a folder called Custom in the DCUG folder and a folder called Heroes in the Custom folder, you should be able to put the hero file in there and have it show up in the character screen. Unfortunately, to get the character in game, you would have to add it via the editor.

WyldFyre , no problem, and thank you again for your reply.  The editor that you talk about is the editor of ALEX'S Freedom Fortress right? Only after read the readme i discovered that is a mesh too. Well, i will try again with the editor, thank you very much for your help. This forum is very much special, people of old school, educated and help everyone with all that any person need. Thank you Freedom Reborn for exist !!!

WyldFyre

Sorry again B, I mean FFedit. I think Benton made all of his characters "built-in". You would have to use FFEdit to manually set the mesh and skin in the DCUG.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

Thanks for fielding this, WF! 

Borgaster, if you watch my tutorial videos, you'll find how to add characters into a mod, and if you do that, you can add this fellow into the DCUG.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 17, 2022, 07:38:36 PM
Thanks for fielding this, WF! 

Borgaster, if you watch my tutorial videos, you'll find how to add characters into a mod, and if you do that, you can add this fellow into the DCUG.

Benton, i follow your channel and has an tutorial with 45 minutes. This editor is new for me but if it is very complicated i will install in the normal game but with time i will watch with more attention your tutorials because only now i see that you are teaching create mods. Watched only your video that show DCUG Legion of Superheroes Gameplay. If this Modern Warner Bros were smart and create a big game about Superman and put all actors of Superman series and movies, all characters of superman of different earths, villains, characters of justice league too It would the game most sold in the history of industry of games. Warner/ Dc in the past create many games for superman, justice league and others characters for old consoles but now are killing Superman, Justice League and has obsession for Batman.   

kidnasty

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the mod, I can grab or you can send? 

Thank you.

Borgaster

Quote from: kidnasty on February 22, 2022, 03:48:54 PM

Thank you.

Well, i hope that Benton don't get angry with me for share the mod but is good make a backup of this mod because him is 30x more better than any game that the Modern Warner is creating.

DCUG

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lthwtdmgv6k54ea/DCUG+Installer.exe/file

And here the Hero File for Overman(Superman Earth 10)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4fijhcb67fhi1p8/Superman+Earth+10.rar/file

One question for the people : I am the only guy in the World that continue believe that Superman was the best super hero created of all times?

kidnasty

Thanks for the share. 
And Clark is great.

Borgaster

Quote from: kidnasty on February 22, 2022, 08:03:49 PM
Thanks for the share. 
And Clark is great.

You are welcome !!! The people in this forum ever help me and i need help the others too.  :)

BentonGrey

Quote from: Borgaster on February 22, 2022, 05:25:42 AM
Benton, i follow your channel and has an tutorial with 45 minutes. This editor is new for me but if it is very complicated i will install in the normal game but with time i will watch with more attention your tutorials because only now i see that you are teaching create mods. Watched only your video that show DCUG Legion of Superheroes Gameplay. If this Modern Warner Bros were smart and create a big game about Superman and put all actors of Superman series and movies, all characters of superman of different earths, villains, characters of justice league too It would the game most sold in the history of industry of games. Warner/ Dc in the past create many games for superman, justice league and others characters for old consoles but now are killing Superman, Justice League and has obsession for Batman.

Borgaster, that would make a great Superman game, for sure!  Superman isn't my favorite character, but I am very fond of him. 

As for the tutorials, yeah, it can be a bit complicated.  Let me know if you have questions, and I'll be happy to help out.  Don't forget about the FFEdit manual.  That's a great resource, especially if you're having trouble understanding the tutorials.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 23, 2022, 05:34:25 AM
Quote from: Borgaster on February 22, 2022, 05:25:42 AM

Borgaster, that would make a great Superman game, for sure!  Superman isn't my favorite character, but I am very fond of him. 

As for the tutorials, yeah, it can be a bit complicated.  Let me know if you have questions, and I'll be happy to help out.  Don't forget about the FFEdit manual.  That's a great resource, especially if you're having trouble understanding the tutorials.

Benton, of course, DC comics and Marvel has a lot of cool superheroes like Superman. But if you remove Superman of the DC comics is the same thing that you remove Joe Montana or Tom Brady of the history of American Football , is the same thing that you remove Baby Ruth and Joe DiMaggio of the history of Baseball and the same thing that you remove Michael Jordan of the history of NBA. Superman inclusive is an superheroe that represent the american values. If Modern Warner want create games for an only single superheroe they need to create games for all superheroes of DC and Superman, Justice League and Justice Society of America comes first. Why only Batman? What is this game that they invented about Suicide Squad for Killing the Justice League? Again, when i was child bought 2.500 comics and none about Suicide Squad.Ok, they make these things with android games but shutdown the games after 3 or 5 years. Why? The final thing: The japanese keep alive all your old animes creating games for they. Why don't has only single american company for make the same thing with old americans cartoons that unfortunately disappeared ? Hanna-Barbera Superheroes, Flash Gordon, Defenders of the Earth, He-Man, ThunderCats and much more? GameMill for example create an amazing new game for G.I. Joe(The real G.I. Joe) and this was a miracle. Benton, you created mods for Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Pulp Adventures with a lot of classic superheroes. These companies need hire you for teach these people what is a good game(Lol). In the fact, has a lot of amazing mods here and the Modern Warner for example never will be the capacity for create a good game like the fantastic mod that tommyboy created about Legion of Super-Heroes.

BentonGrey

Yeah, it makes me sad that there doesn't seem to be any likelihood that we're going to see an FF-style game from DC anytime soon.  We had their half-hearted attempt to compete with MUA 10 years ago or more with that weak JLA game, which was only two players.  And we've seen nothing that is nearly as universe-spanning as the MUA games.  It's a shame, but they just don't seem to be making these kinds of games anymore.

Haha, thanks, man!  I really appreciate the kind words.  I am available if Warner or Marvel wants to higher me, haha!

Also, what the heck!?!?!  They made a classic G.I. JOE game, and I didn't know about it!?!?  I've got to rectify this immediately! 
God Bless

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 28, 2022, 05:39:01 AM
Yeah, it makes me sad that there doesn't seem to be any likelihood that we're going to see an FF-style game from DC anytime soon.  We had their half-hearted attempt to compete with MUA 10 years ago or more with that weak JLA game, which was only two players.  And we've seen nothing that is nearly as universe-spanning as the MUA games.  It's a shame, but they just don't seem to be making these kinds of games anymore.

Haha, thanks, man!  I really appreciate the kind words.  I am available if Warner or Marvel wants to higher me, haha!

Also, what the heck!?!?!  They made a classic G.I. JOE game, and I didn't know about it!?!?  I've got to rectify this immediately!

If the Modern American Industry create games for these things that scored generations around the World the people today don't would be watch japanese animes, japanese games and now music(because the animes) and Movies. The great Superman of the moment is All Might(My Hero Academia ) and the people don't would need use engines like Mugen or OpenBOR for create fan games like a crazy and 90% create about japanese animes. Because the people don't is enjoying it more of the Modern American Culture. The case of Rome or Greece for example: Why these two peoples need create games for these empires if the industries around the World create games for they and others empires each month ? I am not american, but consume the culture of United States for more than 30 years and today i'm watching her disappear. United States in the past dominated the World with your beautiful and conservative culture from the past. Doesn't because had high development or an strong army.

Borgaster

Sorry for the Spam, people, is just my point of view of the things that i am seeing and the review and lives that the own americans of " our " generation are creating with lives on Youtube a lot. But don't discouraged because Freedom Force is the light and the salvation(Lol). Sorry if i wrote too much about these things.

videogamersadvocate

Quote from: Borgaster on February 22, 2022, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: kidnasty on February 22, 2022, 03:48:54 PM

Thank you.

Well, i hope that Benton don't get angry with me for share the mod but is good make a backup of this mod because him is 30x more better than any game that the Modern Warner is creating.

DCUG

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lthwtdmgv6k54ea/DCUG+Installer.exe/file

And here the Hero File for Overman(Superman Earth 10)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4fijhcb67fhi1p8/Superman+Earth+10.rar/file

One question for the people : I am the only guy in the World that continue believe that Superman was the best super hero created of all times?

Okay, this DCUG mod just blew me away. WOW. Just downloaded it this week and finally was able to check it out earlier today. I must have spent about 30 minutes just going through and looking at all the character models alone. I'm glad that somebody uploaded this because I had heard of it but couldn't find a link for it anywhere. With the DCUG and the updated Marvel Advenutres mod, I will be getting back into this game again. Thanks Benton for your awesome work. 

Borgaster

After see that Tommyboy's deleted your Website I don't have other choice. I will found the best game designer in my city for make mods, mods and mods a lot for this game. This game  never will die ! The Modern Marvel and Warner destroyed the legacy and this game will be again the real legacy. Time to revenge and i swear by my soul !

BentonGrey

Hello folks.  I'm very glad you've been enjoying the mod, VGA.  It's the product of years of work and passion, both for DC and for FF.  I hope you'll take the time to let me know what you think about the adventures, the balance, and the representation of characters.

Borgaster, I'm glad that you are so fond of my work, and thank you for trying to preserve it.  You probably should have checked with me before uploading it, as that is what we do here at FR, and I had reasons for removing it when I did.  However, as it turns out, it has taken me much, MUCH longer to get the expansion/update out than I had anticipated (I originally expected to release it over two years ago, I think!).  Because of that, I suppose it isn't fair for me not to be sharing it with folks.  As long as your version isn't the original one with content from IPS, you may continue to share it until I release the new updated version.
God Bless

Omegaprime

I have enjoyed the hell out of MA and DCUG, finally got the files merged and working. only problem i still have is ffx3.3 changing directory paths, otherwise i have over 20 mods on ffvttr and i play a mission here and there cause i don't want to run out of great stories before anything like this is created again. plus i'm getting decent at skinning with the communities help. thanks Benton, I found all this and the new hobby because of your work.

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 03, 2023, 03:28:06 AM
Hello folks.  I'm very glad you've been enjoying the mod, VGA.  It's the product of years of work and passion, both for DC and for FF.  I hope you'll take the time to let me know what you think about the adventures, the balance, and the representation of characters.

Borgaster, I'm glad that you are so fond of my work, and thank you for trying to preserve it.  You probably should have checked with me before uploading it, as that is what we do here at FR, and I had reasons for removing it when I did.  However, as it turns out, it has taken me much, MUCH longer to get the expansion/update out than I had anticipated (I originally expected to release it over two years ago, I think!).  Because of that, I suppose it isn't fair for me not to be sharing it with folks.  As long as your version isn't the original one with content from IPS, you may continue to share it until I release the new updated version.

You are right Benton and forgive me. But the link that you sent to me has the mod in another topic of this forum. So, i thought that there would be no problem, but just if you didn't like. The people love your mods and me too. Because, again, your mods are housand times better than any new game of the Modern Marvel and Warner.

BentonGrey

I'm very glad to hear that, OP!  So, you managed to merge FF and MA and it worked?  I've always wondered if that would work the way it seemed like it would.  Very cool!  You should write a little guide about that one of these days.

Well, EVENTUALLY I'll have some more adventures released for folks.  At the very least, I've got several new JLA adventures and the first chapter of my Aquaman campaign which will be released in my DCUG update, eventually--plus an awesome Green Arrow campaign authored by my friend and modding ally Or Wolvie!

Borgaster, I'm not upset about it, as I said, I suppose I've taken too long to put the new mod out, and it isn't fair that I've kept people waiting all that time.  However, just be sure that you do not do anything like this again, as we try to respect each others' work at FR.  I am now officially giving you permission to host it until I release the new version.  Do check, though, and make sure that this isn't the original version.  Look at the version of Fire and see if it is by IPS or TAP.  If it is IPS, you will have to take it down.
God Bless

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 04, 2023, 01:19:27 AM
I'm very glad to hear that, OP!  So, you managed to merge FF and MA and it worked?  I've always wondered if that would work the way it seemed like it would.  Very cool!  You should write a little guide about that one of these days.

Well, EVENTUALLY I'll have some more adventures released for folks.  At the very least, I've got several new JLA adventures and the first chapter of my Aquaman campaign which will be released in my DCUG update, eventually--plus an awesome Green Arrow campaign authored by my friend and modding ally Or Wolvie!

Borgaster, I'm not upset about it, as I said, I suppose I've taken too long to put the new mod out, and it isn't fair that I've kept people waiting all that time.  However, just be sure that you do not do anything like this again, as we try to respect each others' work at FR.  I am now officially giving you permission to host it until I release the new version.  Do check, though, and make sure that this isn't the original version.  Look at the version of Fire and see if it is by IPS or TAP.  If it is IPS, you will have to take it down.

Thanks Benton and sorry again. Well, this is the mod that you sent to me. But, you sent for me a link of a topic public here on the forum that spydermann93 posted the mod. So, is the same mod. Because him posted and you sent for me this link i thought it wouldn't be a problem to make a backup and post the mod here. Because, if you had sent the mod only for me without having been posted by another person i really would have asked your permission first. But, sorry anyway and i delete the post at the time that you want. Again, thanks Benton and really sorry. Look, unlike me you are a very calm person and i start to think that you are the Superman and i am the Hulk(LOL).

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, I know I haven't been around this semester, and really, for the last academic year, because of my new job and the crazy changes that have upended my life.  I had grand plans for the DCUG, plans that I hoped to accomplish by last summer.  Obviously, that didn't work.  However, I have done a lot of work on the mod, and I figured that it was unfair to keep it locked away when folks had been so supportive, so I decided I'd just go ahead and release it as is.  Keep in mind, this is not tested, not optimized, and not finished.  Play at your own risk, ha.  But it is still everything the old DCUG was (with a few cuts to redundant characters/materials), plus the new Aquaman and Green Arrow campaigns, plus a whole new campaign worth of missions for the JLA campaign.  You'll find lost of rough edges and unfinished bits, and the massive overhaul that I intended has barely been begun.  Still, it is playable, and I hope folks will have fun with it.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/dcug-the-dc-universe-according-to-grey

I am not abandoning the mod. But I won't have time to work on it until this summer, and even then, I'll be selling a house, packing up, moving across the country, and prepping four different classes for next semester.  My life is going to be a bit insane for the foreseeable future, and I just don't want y'all to have to wait on me finding the time to finish this the way I intended, or wonder if I'm ever going to show back up in the community again.  I am absolutely coming back, and I am absolutely finishing the mod, but now y'all can enjoy what there is of it in the interim.  Take care, everyone!  I love this community, and even when I'm too busy to check in, y'all are in my prayers!
God Bless

spydermann93

Glad to see you back, even for a moment Benton! Hope your move goes well!

BentonGrey

Thanks, Spyder!  We'll welcome prayers!  We've got to sell the old house, pack up everything, and move it into the new house, while also getting various jobs done in the interim so it is ready to be moved into.  There are a lot of jimmies in the air, not to mention our actual jobs, haha.
God Bless

deanjo2000

It's good to hear your doing well, if very busy though, but it's all worth it and just focus on the end goals.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

WyldFyre

Good luck to the Greys in all these new endeavors! May your transitions be smooth. I'm glad things are looking up for you!

I'm pretty sure that whatever you plan for the mod will be awesome! We can wait.

Take care of you and yours and we'll keep your seat warm at the FF community table. Just drop by to say hello and let us know how you are doing when you can.

For Freedom!

SickAlice

You know the drill. Life comes before hobby, everyone gets it. Take five minutes here and there and just let everyone know how you're doing as a friend of course. Else good luck with the transition, hopefully that is the end of a good road for you then.