News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DCUG: Released But Still Under Construction

Started by BentonGrey, March 19, 2010, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 12, 2010, 12:59:39 AM
Hmm, I tried FFedit but it still gives me the default hero in the rumble room. Oh well I will try it again tomorrow.

Spoiler
I got to the Metropolis mission. It was great! The ruins at the edge of the city were great atmosphere and btw your cut scene dialog between the members of the JLA is excellent. "No telling what trouble Superman has gotten himself into" or something like that from Bats would be just what he'd say. 

I might not be able to play during the next four days depending on how work goes. But I will be playing again by Friday at the latest.

Maybe I'll do a little write-up to explain how that is done, EoH.  I'm glad that you enjoyed the Metropolis mission so much!  It's good that you found one you liked without major bugs!  Haha, I was getting scared that nothing would work right. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

earl of bronze

Well I decided to play for just 30 minutes last night, yeah right!

Spoiler
Once I started the final mission I had to finish and I did just before midnight! It was the best yet! I loved the character selection. The various waves were enjoyable and the Imperium was well done. The only small problem was that I couldn't target the pillars directly but emerald rockets and one boulder solved that little problem. Nice dialog on the post battle cut scene, Super Friends indeed! I will either do the JSA mission next or maybe the Project SP mod since it is short.

earl of bronze

Ok I have been trying the JSA mission but have problems. I had a save game from last night after I finished the last JLA mission but the enemy would not fight back. So I tried to restart the mission and it get's stuck at the end of a cut scene and I cannot do anything. I will post my script in the other thread.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 14, 2010, 12:56:45 AM
Well I decided to play for just 30 minutes last night, yeah right!

Spoiler
Once I started the final mission I had to finish and I did just before midnight! It was the best yet! I loved the character selection. The various waves were enjoyable and the Imperium was well done. The only small problem was that I couldn't target the pillars directly but emerald rockets and one boulder solved that little problem. Nice dialog on the post battle cut scene, Super Friends indeed! I will either do the JSA mission next or maybe the Project SP mod since it is short.

Ha!  That's what I like to hear, that someone couldn't stop playing an adventure that I wrote.  I'm really happy to hear that, EoH!  Yeah, those stupid pillars gave me no end of headaches.  They work...somewhat now...so I've given up. :P  I'm glad you enjoyed the character selection.  After you get into the JSA campaigns a bit, you'll get to choose your own teams...assuming any of the missions work.

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 14, 2010, 01:21:40 AM
Ok I have been trying the JSA mission but have problems. I had a save game from last night after I finished the last JLA mission but the enemy would not fight back. So I tried to restart the mission and it get's stuck at the end of a cut scene and I cannot do anything. I will post my script in the other thread.

That is really odd...I looked at your script log, and I can see what the problem is, but it doesn't make any sense.  I'll post over there so we can troubleshoot.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

earl of bronze

I posted my response over there. What characters are in the Mystery in space? I am thinking about that after Project Superpowers.

earl of bronze

Ok I was able to play the next two missions:

Spoiler
Nice job on the JSA mission it was good. The evil mage was a nice addition.

The JLA mission was excellent. Numerous funny cutscenes. I really liked the one about Mars having already invaded last week! Interesting mix of villains, makes me wonder who the master might be.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 17, 2010, 02:02:39 AM
Ok I was able to play the next two missions:

Spoiler
Nice job on the JSA mission it was good. The evil mage was a nice addition.

The JLA mission was excellent. Numerous funny cutscenes. I really liked the one about Mars having already invaded last week! Interesting mix of villains, makes me wonder who the master might be.

Thanks EoH, I'm glad that this is working for you now!  You didn't find the first JSA one too easy?  Heh, yeah, that JLA one was an experiment on my part, and I only just barely got it working.
God Bless

earl of bronze

Spoiler
No the mage flying around upped the difficulty level. Not too easy.

earl of bronze

I may have to give up on the JSA camp

Spoiler
The previous mission was quite slow but because the JLAers could dish out massive damage I could get through and enjoy it. The next mission seems just as slow if not slower, I get no objectives, I examined one crate with a ! but nothing came of it. Because of the slowness it really isn't fun to use anybody but Sentinel and his creations. And the waves of bad guys keep coming and coming.

earl of bronze

I tried to post the script for JSA 3 since no objectives come up. However it is 53 kb and won't post because it is too long. I cut it in half it is still too long.

earl of bronze

Ok I just skipped that mission with mission win and

Spoiler
The next one with the JLA worked a lot better. Still no objectives but it played just fine and ended when I koed Per Degaton. Nice villain selection and cut scenes. I enjoyed it.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 17, 2010, 04:53:00 PM

Spoiler
The previous mission was quite slow but because the JLAers could dish out massive damage I could get through and enjoy it. The next mission seems just as slow if not slower, I get no objectives, I examined one crate with a ! but nothing came of it. Because of the slowness it really isn't fun to use anybody but Sentinel and his creations. And the waves of bad guys keep coming and coming.

Yeah, remember, the JSA campaign didn't get much balance testing, as I was mostly just trying to get the darn things to work.  As a matter of fact, that third mission gave me no end of headaches, but I thought it was working when I released it.  I don't know what it's issue is, but it just never really ran properly.  I really just need to re-write the entire thing. :wacko:

Glad you liked the fourth mission.  It ran a good deal more smoothly for me, but the next one I never got to end properly.
God Bless

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 17, 2010, 10:06:18 PM
Quote from: earl of bronze on April 17, 2010, 04:53:00 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, remember, the JSA campaign didn't get much balance testing, as I was mostly just trying to get the darn things to work.  As a matter of fact, that third mission gave me no end of headaches, but I thought it was working when I released it.  I don't know what it's issue is, but it just never really ran properly.  I really just need to re-write the entire thing. :wacko:

Glad you liked the fourth mission.  It ran a good deal more smoothly for me, but the next one I never got to end properly.

End properly? After the 4th mission the next one isn't there. It goes to the first FFVTTR mission which I thought was a placeholder of some sort. Did you mean

Spoiler

The first Mystery in Space mission? I tried that, had one combat, flew all over the map multiple times and nothing else happened. Was something else supposed to happen?

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 17, 2010, 11:01:24 PM
End properly? After the 4th mission the next one isn't there. It goes to the first FFVTTR mission which I thought was a placeholder of some sort. Did you mean

Spoiler

The first Mystery in Space mission? I tried that, had one combat, flew all over the map multiple times and nothing else happened. Was something else supposed to happen?

Hmm...I must have forgotten to put it in the campaign line-up.  It's just as well, it didn't work properly.  There are technically three more JSA missions that are finished, but have various game-breaking bugs that I simply can't solve.  Hence the unfinished nature of this release. :P

Okay, the first MiS mission, someone had trouble with that during my brief first release, so I was afraid this would happen again.  Yeah, something else was DEFINITELY supposed to happen.  Would you mind giving that mission a shot a second time and then posting your script log?  It works fine for me, so I needed someone to be able to actually experience the bug.  That is one thing I will address as soon as I can fix it.
God Bless

earl of bronze

Ok I will do that shortly

earl of bronze

Well I decided to try the Batman camp and just did mission 1

Spoiler
I really enjoyed it even though I am not a Batman reader or big fan. I really liked the Batmoblie and using it's weapons on  the Penguins gang. Also the laser torch on Mr Freeze was very amusing. I guess that makes me a psycho Batman player?  :D I do wonder is Freeze's possible friend is Killer Frost?

earl of bronze

Tried mission 2 and

Spoiler
Anytime I get anywhere near the dr the mob around him starts attacking and koes him before I can get in range to do anything and I lose. Is there some trick to this?

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 21, 2010, 01:49:40 AM

Spoiler
I really enjoyed it even though I am not a Batman reader or big fan. I really liked the Batmoblie and using it's weapons on  the Penguins gang. Also the laser torch on Mr Freeze was very amusing. I guess that makes me a psycho Batman player?  :D I do wonder is Freeze's possible friend is Killer Frost?

Haha, I had that one balanced for Bats on foot!  I bet you had a pretty easy time of it with the Batmobile.  I never have gotten the rubber bullets to work properly......As for his friend....well, you'll just have to wait and see!

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 21, 2010, 11:14:42 PM
Tried mission 2 and

Spoiler
Anytime I get anywhere near the dr the mob around him starts attacking and koes him before I can get in range to do anything and I lose. Is there some trick to this?

Hmm....I never found it that bad, but I can tweak it to give him a head start.
God Bless

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 22, 2010, 08:05:24 PM
Quote from: earl of bronze on April 21, 2010, 01:49:40 AM

Spoiler

Haha, I had that one balanced for Bats on foot!  I bet you had a pretty easy time of it with the Batmobile.  I never have gotten the rubber bullets to work properly......As for his friend....well, you'll just have to wait and see!

Quote from: earl of bronze on April 21, 2010, 11:14:42 PM
Tried mission 2 and

Spoiler

Hmm....I never found it that bad, but I can tweak it to give him a head start.

Huh?

Spoiler
There are 5 villains right by the doctor. I round the corner throw some smoke and he is koed before the pellets get there. I have reloaded multiple times and they always start beating on him before I can blind them or do any damage at all. Except for the batmobile's rocket but that koes him too and first. Unless there is some way to lure the villains away or sneak up on them(which I tried to do by climbing the building and failed since it triggered the attack before the reached the front and started my climb) it looks impossible.

BentonGrey

Wait, did the CS not play?  He's supposed to start moving towards you before the action actually starts.
God Bless

earl of bronze

No he just says Help me and they start beating on him nothing else.

BentonGrey

Curses.  Okay, I'll have to test this one to see what is going on.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

I really need to download this. I feel like I'm missing something that is truely amazing.

BentonGrey

Okay EoB, I've fixed a BUNCH of stuff....here's just hoping that it all works properly.  I'll be uploading a patch shortly.
God Bless

BentonGrey

God Bless

earl of bronze

Great! I may not have time to start playing again until the weekend though. But I will give feedback asap.

BentonGrey

Thanks EoH, you've been really helpful as a tester, though I'm sorry that such was necessary. :)
God Bless

Amazo Version 2.2

A quick question... I was fortunate enough to have downloaded the beta version. I am planning to download the new version and patch this weekend. When I install the new version, will it overwrite the existing files for the DCUG? I am hoping to keep all the extra skins that I have added to the meshes found in the custom file.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Howdy Amazo, it would be a very good idea to delete the previous installation because I eliminated a lot of overlap and redundancy, as well as making REALLY big changes between here and there.  For example, now all meshes share keyframes, which are stored in a new directory.  If you want to keep those skins, I'd suggest backing all of them up and reinstalling them over the top of a fresh copy of the DCUG.  It might also be a good idea to wait a few days until I can upload a new main download version.
God Bless

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.