News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Map Trouble

Started by yell0w_lantern, February 08, 2010, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

So I'm trying to use CmdrKoenig's dscaverns_of_hell map and the terrain is black. A few of the objects are pink. Pretty much the cauldrons are the only things showing up maybe with some lava here and there. Previsionary kindly secured the level extents for me and I put them in the specified level_layout folder accociated with the map and no improvement.

CmdrKoenig is unsure of the problem.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this?
Yellow Lantern smash!

Previsionary

Hrm, I think that map installed correctly when I tested it out awhile ago, but I can't recall. Here's a suggestion, attempt to load the map in game again then immediately close out. This should report some errors to the FF.log and you may be able to solve your issues from that.

In the meantime, I'll try to reinstall it later today and see if I get a similar problem.
Disappear when you least expe--

GogglesPizanno

The pink/texture issue sounds like the mission file is pointing to the default texture directory instead of a custom one.
If the map is black, but you can still move around, then that sounds like its related to the same problem.

If the map is black and nothing can move (ie. like there is no ground at all) then its an issue of the level not finding the terrain nif.

yell0w_lantern

it's the ingame editor and I can't move the camera.
Yellow Lantern smash!

yell0w_lantern

I redownloaded it and it is 90%+ fixed now.
Yellow Lantern smash!