News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Starting a Fleet

Started by Zapow, January 31, 2010, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapow

I was thinking of starting a fleet. Something like Task Force Freedom. I'll need three other players if anyone is interested.
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Ares_God_of_War

So besides basically being a guild is there any benifites I am unaware of with fleet making?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Ares_God_of_War

Well I dont know anyone in game so if you have gotten this off the ground or still need someone let me know
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

BlueBard

I am interested in getting G'eek@bluegeek and Hawk@bluegeek into a Fed fleet, and V'org@bluegeek into a KDF fleet.  I'd prefer to sign up with an FR fleet or at least one with a few other FR members in it.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

If there's a fleet out there with FR members in it, I have no idea what it is.

Therefore, unless someone here can suggest Fed/KDF fleets to join, I would like us to start one for mutual support.  Anybody else want in?  How many people here besides me are actively playing STO?

Aside from joining together for missions, which is a possibility now that the Squad functionality has been added, we can benefit from a Fleet Bank to help outfit each other.  I intend to have G'eek as my R&D character and he could start producing enhanced equipment as he progresses.

Ares_God_of_War

I have lifetime so I am on periodically

BlueBard

Oh-Kay.  Turns out you can't start a fleet unless you have a full team of five players.  Judging from the amount of activity on this particular forum, I have a feeling that ain't going to happen easily or soon.

Flying_Fox

Something wicked this way comes...

BlueBard

Quote from: Flying_Fox on July 31, 2010, 02:06:09 AM
Oooh! ooh! Pick me!

That would be great, FF, but the problem is I need to collect five people on the same team, present myself to the Fleet Administrator, and join us all up at the same time.  Which means I need five people all online at the same time, but I keep weird hours.  It would be easier to sign up Klingons for ballet lessons.

BlueBard

Okay, here's a personal entreaty from me, to anyone who left STO...

STO did have problems at launch, yes, but things are getting better.  The new executive producer, Dan Stahl, is very aggressive about improving gameplay and very passionate about Star Trek.  If you haven't tried it lately, give it another chance.   There are some exciting things on the horizon:

- Optional targeting reticules for those who like to aim at what they're shooting at
- More ships and costumes for KDF on the way
- User-generated content coming next season
- A new episode every week!

I would still like to see a fleet or two of FR players.  'Federation Reborn' has a nice ring to it (if you play a Fed).

pr1983

i just bought this off of amazon (its due tomorrow or the day after knowing their speedy service). im a lieutenant (level 2) having done the tutorial and the like.

big trek fan too, so if you need anyone to make up the numbers, i'm available for at least the first month (before deciding if i'll still play lol).

So yeah, colour me interested.

BlueBard

Quote from: pr1983 on November 16, 2010, 02:46:54 AM
i just bought this off of amazon (its due tomorrow or the day after knowing their speedy service). im a lieutenant (level 2) having done the tutorial and the like.

big trek fan too, so if you need anyone to make up the numbers, i'm available for at least the first month (before deciding if i'll still play lol).

So yeah, colour me interested.

Ok, please reply or PM me with your handle so I can look for you online.

RTTingle

Count me in...

Jab@RTTingle

pr1983

growlermike

I'm on most days (on GMT) so I'm up for it

Kreegah@Growler6183

pr1983

sent you guys friend invites, but i honestly don't know how to find my handle... :wacko:

growlermike

your handle mate is -Pr-@pr1983

BlueBard

I always just use the global ( the part after the '@' ).

Maybe we can arrange some time when at least 5 of us are online at the same time so we can create a fleet.   Just enough time to create a team and set up the fleet.  If the time is arranged in advance, we can even make sure someone is standing right in front of the fleet administrator and ready to go.

(I understand why they require a full team to start a fleet, but it's an annoying requirement...)

pr1983

thanks for the handle info.

i'm almost certainly logged in to STO between the hours of midday and around 8pm GMT. 9 times out of 10 im on during that period, and am up to commander 5 right now (yay me) so i shouldn't be entirely useless in fleet missions.

also, c-store sale this weekend. looking forward to it.

BlueBard

Okay, I'm ready to take a "Build it and they might come" approach.  Waiting around for everybody I know to be on at the same time isn't working.  I'm going to try to set it up this weekend if I can (tomorrow).  If that doesn't work out, I'll wait until the next Featured Episode when there will be more players on.

I'm going to offer free Rare BO's to the first five players who will team up with me long enough to start the fleet.  I currently have a surplus of candidates.  I will post the BOs' stats here, if I get a chance.  If I have to throw in even more goodies (Rare gear) to sweeten the pot, I'll consider it.

After that, I'll see about putting up some kind of web site.

This is going to be a casual-friendly, newbie-friendly, RP-optional, Federation fleet that exists for mutual support and to help find other players worthy of teaming with... especially fellow Reborners.  I am maxed on R&D and will craft anything for free if the materials are provided.  I will also do what I have to in order to stock a Fleet bank with Fleet gear.

I am strongly leaning toward "Federation Reborn" as the fleet name.  "Dedicated to the rebirth of the ideals of the Federation... blah, blah, blah."  I'll work out more of the details as I go.

Once I get the fleet started, I will announce it here.

pr1983

snazzy gear and bo's? ya big tease. :P

BlueBard

I've got to ask... does anyone have any desire to start a Klingon fleet?

I can't handle managing more than one fleet myself, but if someone else started a KDF fleet I have one character who needs a Klingon fleet.