News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Once Again

Started by darkphoenixII, October 15, 2009, 10:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkphoenixII

...mmm. So sorry to have to ressurect this corpse, but I'm having trouble getting voicepacks to work properly for  :ffvstr: so far.  I looked at the wiki article, and I didn't see anything I didn't already know.

I assumed that it was pretty much the same as for the first game, but the in-game hero maker isn't showing the name for the character with the speech ID I put in the Editor. And I'm trying this with FFX 3. What's got me thrown for a loop with this version of the Editor is the output directory. I made it so that it's like this:

C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Lang\English

...and left the input blank. I mean, doesn't it already read from the primary data path anyways? What am I doing wrong?

-darkphoenixII    :msmjb
Dark Phoenix: You once told Jean Grey that the greatest joy a teacher has is to be surpassed by his own pupil. Enjoy!
Professor Xavier: In the battlefield of the mind, my will shall prevail!
DP: Do you really think your puny mind is a match for mine? The conceit of you humans! The arrogance!

cmdrkoenig67

I don't know if you already got an answer to this, DP....But did you make a character template for the voicepack in the FF Editor?

Dana

darkphoenixII

Oh, just saw this. Yeah, really quick afterward I looked at the Templates to see if there was anything about the character files that were different. Turned out that setting the UseVoice option was key. But thanks for asking.

:msmjb
Dark Phoenix: You once told Jean Grey that the greatest joy a teacher has is to be surpassed by his own pupil. Enjoy!
Professor Xavier: In the battlefield of the mind, my will shall prevail!
DP: Do you really think your puny mind is a match for mine? The conceit of you humans! The arrogance!