News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

2010 - The Year of Spider-Man

Started by The Hitman, January 02, 2010, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

Could someone explain this to me real quick?

Podmark

It's an image (possibly a cover) depicting the story lines that will occur in Amazing Spider-Man over this year.

• There are arcs planned for the Juggernaut and Lizard.
  • The new female Kraven and her allies, who have captured Madame Web, are currently a developing threat that will play out throughout the year.
  • Arana will be appearing this year.
  • It appears Peter will kiss/start a relationship with supporting cast member Carlie Cooper.
  • Dr. Octopus will return, presumably in a story involving a baby. Maybe Norman and Lilly's baby, maybe the baby that Mara Jane is rumoured to be involved with.
  • Either the Scarlet Spider (from Avengers: The Initiative) and Mac Gargan's Dark Avenger Spider-Man/Venom persona will appear, or new characters wearing those costumes, or Peter will wear those costumes again, or somekind of flashback to those costumes will occur this year.
  • Peter and Mary Jane's failed wedding (in the new continuity) will be explained this year.

There you go. I think that covers everything.

I read Spider-Man regularly these days, and some of those things have me excited. Others not.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

it means old joey Q like to dangle the stuff in front of fans and then slap them

BlueBard

Bah.  They've ruined Spider-Man for me pretty much forever.  Marvel's done too much to the character in the last five years or so to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  BND was just the last straw.  Why do all of the implausible, stupid things have to happen to Spider-Man?  Bad luck, yes, all part of the character.  But they keep doing weird things that make no sense to me whatsoever.

My only hope is that there won't be any more flubs like S-M3 and that the movie property will work out, or that more good comic-based novels will be written.

My comments:

- Juggernaut? Seriously? The best Spidey's ever been able to do was sink him in a concrete foundation, and that obviously didn't last.  He's not a credible part of Spider-Man's Rogue's Gallery.  Nor all that interesting, if you ask me.

- Female Kraven.  Gag me.

- Yes, Peter certainly needs a new love interest... he's had so few of them. Surely this one will go as well as they did.  ( <-- Sarcasm )  This is original???

- If I see another symbiote, may black bile fill my throat.  (Hey, that rhymes!)

- I don't want an explanation of Peter and MJ's failed wedding.  It's just salt in the wound.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

lugaru

I am WAY behind, reading my spidey on the Marvel service but I really like the post Brand New Day stuff... although I hear it goes downhill after a while.

Hopefully this will set the course again, and I'm a huge Juggernaut fan so it will be fun to see him fight spidey again.

marhawkman

I'm equally excited about the possibility of it being Baby May and the possibility of it being Menace Jr....  Menace Jr. could make for an interesting character if handled right.

JeyNyce

I'm a BIG Spidey fan, but after Peter & MJ split, they lost me.  For a moment I thought they were going to get back together.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

herodad1

spiderman will always be a fav of mine.remember watching the 60's cartoon growing up,my first comic was spiderman(him and the torch fight the lizard), and my dad had a friend that had all the original comics and he'd let me borrow stacks of them to read.i was a loyal fan buying spiderman,ff,hulk,avengers,ironman, and thor for more years than i can count.but when they started corrupting the characters,killing them off, and changing things to *make them better* or changed them for the new generation of readers,well...i lost the will and the want to continue comics.i buy marvel essentials to read the classic stories.a time when you got your money's worth in each issue.alots happened in life this last 10 years and things look grim out side everyday you watch the news.the comics/stories now a days is just as dark as the news we watch.i hope for a better age of comics.