News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Voice Files for 3rd Reich

Started by area34, November 25, 2009, 03:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

area34

In my quest to learn how to build my own mod I've stared to mess with voice paks and am having problems. I've followed the readme that Sledgehammer Voice packs have (add files, create char/temp, use the initials for new char/temp) but the voices are not showing up in game. The packs don't have text for captions and I not sure if that is the problem or if I'm doing something wrong.

crimsonquill

Once you have added the voices into the Speech file.. you also need to add them in the FFEdit program as a blank character with the same voice ID (even copy an existing character already in game and rename it "voice of *character name here*") and a template with the same name. Once all those steps are done then you click on the options tab and push the Generate Language Files button after you set the proper directory names. That final step needs to be done so the new data can be added to the main game DATs.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

area34

Ok I don't have it in front of me because I'm at work but what I did was- copy the sound files, created a Deadpool in characters with the voice ID, created Deadpool the template, generated the dats and started the game. I received no errors and DP is in the game but the voice isn't. So do I need to make another DP in characters/templates just for the voice?

crimsonquill

Quote from: area34 on November 25, 2009, 07:11:38 PM
So do I need to make another DP in characters/templates just for the voice?

Yup.. hence why I mensioned naming it "voice of Deadpool".. see FFvsT3R is set to look for the characters/templates first for the voice IDs but custom hero files are not included in that scan. So it will not see the voices until they are placed in the proper DATs and you have made sure your Language files are all set.

When you look at the voice selection next time if done right there should be a "Voice Of Deadpool" listed there..

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

area34

Ok- I was able to get the sound file to work but it only works with the specific built in character that is attached to.