News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Two more villains down, leaving one hero and one villain till returning to retirement. (Big pictures follow as usual)

First up from MLJ Comics, is the Black Knight.  He fought Steel Sterling in Zip Comics #1 and was believed dead in Zip Comics #2 but....he would reappear using different code names twice - once as Dr Yar and once a the Radium King.  Both times he reverted back to the Black Knight name once Steel confronted him.

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Upclose

Next, is the Black Puma who faced off against Magno and Davey in Ace Comics' Four Favorites once.

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face

Also there is a running gag in both of these characters, they have black in their names but wear almost no black.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Randomdays

These are excellent and a fine tribute to Daglob, Sorry to hear you're retiring again, but thanks for the new, obscure heroes and villains.

windblown

Those are some fantastic skins DJ, I especially like the Black Puma. I've never heard of that character before, but the skin is superb. I like the face, but I love the clothes. Great skin!

Podmark

These are all great. Really nice to see you skinning again.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

Final two of the collection and as usual large pics.

First up is the heroic Major Victory from Chesler Publications as he first appeared in Dynamic Comics:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face

..and finally the last villain, Anti-Shock Gibson from Harvey Comics Speed Comics # 23:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face

..and now I return to retirement....

spydermann93

Awesome stuff, DJ! It's really neat seeing these obscure characters done so well.

Any chance of seeing them released?

Deaths Jester

They've already been sent to 'mato for releasing.  When he gets a chance to get them up, he'll do just that.

spydermann93

Tomato

I make no promises that'll be today (depends how late the jackals keep me here) but i can confirm the files to do so are on my computer at home

WyldFyre

Never having read about Major Victory, I can only assume he was a reluctant or very morose hero. He looks so depressed.

I literally laughed out loud at Anti-Shock Gibson. I guess he needed to be associated with Nazis.

Your face work is inspiring. I know Bill would have loved them.

Thank you.
For Freedom!

windblown

Sorry to hear that you're going back to retirement, I enjoyed this tribute to Daglob. Great skins of those obscure characters.

Podmark

Oh yeah! I forgot about your new home! Yay!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

DJ's stuff is uploaded BTW. In case anyone was wondering when I'd get around to it.

BentonGrey

I've posted on all of these on the Discord, but it bears repeating.  Your work is gorgeous, man, and I'm loving all of these guys!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

UnkoMan

This whole batch of Golden Age goodness was so sweet, DJ! I love them.
The look of those old heroes is so sort of bizarre and great, and you've captured that perfectly. Your use of these pale colours gives them this sort of creepy menace... Well, that's what I see anyhow, ha ha.
Dope as heck! Thanks for the work!