News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Really enjoying this thread, thank you DJ.

Figure Fan

The Persuader looks pretty cool, actually. Nice skin :thumbup:

Deaths Jester

Well, with Persuader out of the way and the next character, I've reached the next load of stuff to send to Prem (4 being the magic number), now if only he could catch up....

Anyways, this next bloke faced off against Rick Mason (aka The Agent) in South Africa and got his cyborg-y, gun-trigger happy (at least, that's what Nick Fury told Mason during briefing) butt handed to him.  Meet Quota:

Head in close

Now I know that the back of the head along with some of where the head wraps around is a bit off...I tried everything I can to fix it with no luck...I think it has to do with the mesh I'm using.

-DJ
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

I just love all the details you've put on this skin. :thumbup:

Persuader kinda reminds me of Spymaster. Cool looking skin. :)

Podmark

DJ you are on fire!
Good job on the camo pants, I've always found stuff like that tricky.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Very nice skin DJ. As to the head issue, a lot of meshes, because of their size (I think), have that issue with regular "Male_Basic" base skins.

vorelliwiseau

Man, I've been looking everywhere for a cargo pants mesh! I can't remember why anymore, I just do.

Anyway, nice job all around, especially on the grenades.

windblown

Great skins DJ, really liking this last one.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 30, 2013, 09:29:49 PM
Very nice skin DJ. As to the head issue, a lot of meshes, because of their size (I think), have that issue with regular "Male_Basic" base skins.

Yeah...I had run into the problem before with another skin but was able to find a way around it.  This one is the first one I've ever ran into the problem and not found a way to fix it...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the following 5 characters are now up at FRP under the skopes (here):   Warhawk, Commanche, Excavator, the Apparition,  and Shadow Slasher.

Deaths Jester

It's a giant android attack as the Inhuman Maximus' giant hate-fueled android, Omega, makes an appearance (and yes he does have a full body refl on him):

Face up close

-DJ

laughing paradox

I really like this guy's design, and oddly enough.. never heard of him before. I'll have to Comicvine him.

Randomdays

I remember him. 70's - maybe the Fantastic Four/ Avengers crossover when Quicksilver and Crystal got married. Its been a long time.

BentonGrey

Ohh man, these skins are just dynamite, DJ!  I LOVE that Quota guy's look.  I'm sure it wouldn't be as interesting on a comic page, but your skin and skope are just really cool.  I think he would work really nicely as a generic mercenary of some sort.  I love the ammo belts and cigar.

Omega!  Ha, I just read that story a few years ago for the first time.  That was a pretty good tale, and you've done a wonderful job on the skin.  Great work!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Yet another good skin of a character I don't know.
It's the little slit like eyes that stand out to me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

This time on a VX I bring you the guy who was little more than actual unmoving protoplasm though he used hard-form VR to create a moving solid (though he could phase sections) body to fight Black Panther.  Meet Kiber the Cruel:

Face up close

-DJ

Cyber Burn

Very nice cloth work Dj. I don't know the character, but he's very nicely done.

windblown

wow, I have no idea who he is, but I really like this skin. The cloth textures are fantastic.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: windblown on December 12, 2013, 03:34:24 PM
wow, I have no idea who he is, but I really like this skin. The cloth textures are fantastic.
Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 12, 2013, 03:14:39 PM
Very nice cloth work Dj. I don't know the character, but he's very nicely done.

Why is it that nobody knows the characters I do?  Come on guys, their all from Marvel Comics and most have profiles over at The Marvel Appendix website.

detourne_me

Woah, Kiber the Cruel is a Kirby creation. Kudos on the cool creative content DJ!

BentonGrey

I have a vague memory of maybe having heard that name before, but that's as close as I can get to knowing the guy, DJ. ^_^  Still, that's a BEAUTIFUL skin, and I love the guy's name.  What a Kirby name!  I agree with WB said; the cloth looks really nice!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

No new skins this week, too busy with other stuff but I'll make up for it somehow.

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi DJ,

I really like all the new skins!  Omega is my favorite so far!
Io

Deaths Jester

Time for a real obscure character!  This guy showed up in Marvel Team-up #32, where he used his mutant abilities (he's a proto-path) to gain energy from a cult who worshipped him.  He ended up being defeated by Spidey and then disappeared into obscurity.  Meet...Jeremiah!!

Spoiler
How he looked in the comic

Spoiler
Skinned

Spoiler
Face up close

-DJ

Sioux City Dynamo

Very nice DJ!  What does the protopath's power actually do?  Who did he take on in Marvel Team up?
Io

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on December 26, 2013, 03:26:50 PM
Very nice DJ!  What does the protopath's power actually do?  Who did he take on in Marvel Team up?

Not sure exactly what a protopath's powers do, but from what I can tell it looks like he gained strength from those in his cult (ie the more in the cult, the more powerful he was) yet I'm not 100% sure. As for who he took on, all I know is he faced off against Spiderman and Valkyrie.

Marvel App's Profile of Jeremiah

Cyber Burn

Geez DJ, those boots must have been a serious pain to skin. As always, great facial work.

When I was Skinning, I tried altering faces, but they just looked...wrong. Any chance you would be willing to put together a step-by-step Tutorial for how you do it?

Podmark

Another great skin, you've really captured this guy very well.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

His face looks like a guy I know.

Nice job on him.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 26, 2013, 05:23:06 PM
Geez DJ, those boots must have been a serious pain to skin. As always, great facial work.

When I was Skinning, I tried altering faces, but they just looked...wrong. Any chance you would be willing to put together a step-by-step Tutorial for how you do it?

Yeah, those boots were a pain...kept having to check and recheck everything to make sure it lined up.  As for the step-by-step Tutorial on faces...hmmm...I don't know. I'm not really great at telling folks how to go about doing stuff, plus with the faces I use a lot of muscle charts and such to work it out...could be confusing to some folks....will think about it but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Deaths Jester

Time for another obscure-o-meter weirdo!  This guy has powers very similar to Avalanche and such yet he was also a parody of James Dean who took on She-Hulk (full profile here)..meet Rumbler:

Spoiler
Body

Spoiler
Face

-DJ