News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

? VERSUS ?

Started by herodad1, November 05, 2009, 12:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

ok, ive always wondered who was more powerful.if ODIN just had his week long nap and GALACTUS just had a planet for breakfast...who would win in a battle of might and power? ODIN and the other gods in marvel are very powerful but ive always felt GALACTUS was a step or two up in sheer power.what do you guys think?

murs47

Hard to say. I'd put my money on whichever one could destroy a planet the fastest.

Ares_God_of_War

Where does Galactus rank in regards to the Celestials? Isnt it Galactus > Celestials > Asgardians?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

murs47

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on November 05, 2009, 03:56:38 AM
Deadpool > Galactus > Celestials > Asgardians

That looks about right.

thalaw2

Didn't Glactus almost eat Asgard?  I think it would be hard for the Asgardians to fight the Big G since just looking at his face and seeing the Supreme god would probably bring them to their knees.
革命不会被电视转播

thanoson

It's this:
Living Tribunal
Galactus, Eternity and Death
Celestials
Asgardians
Greeks
Eternals
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

herodad1

ok,i guess all the money's on GALACTUS.  heres another one...which alien would win in an all-out bout?  SUPERMAN v.s SILVER SURFER?  i'd go with the silver surfer on this one.whats everyones thoughts on this one?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: herodad1 on November 05, 2009, 07:24:52 PM
ok,i guess all the money's on GALACTUS.  heres another one...which alien would win in an all-out bout?  SUPERMAN v.s SILVER SURFER?  i'd go with the silver surfer on this one.whats everyones thoughts on this one?

This one is a bit more about details.  It depends where they're fighting, what their motivations are, and more specifically, what era Superman we're talking about.  The second one can be easy, they're fighting for Earth/Metropolis/Lois/Ma & Pa Kent and Zen-La, respectively; this gives them both the stake in the fight that they need to commit to it.  The first one is in a way tied to the last one; if it's pre-Crisis, late 70's - early 80's, location doesn't really matter (as long as they're under a yellow sun, which is the only way it'd even be a fight).  If it's post-Crisis, John Byrne era, once Surfer takes it into space, he's got a lock on it (as Supes can't survive in space without hardware at this point).  I don't know if they've gotten rid of/fixed that restriction by now or not.

If we assume they're contained within a breathable atmosphere, the era still plays a part, but to a lesser degree.  If it's pre-Crisis, I'd give it to Superman any day of the week.  He's got the long-term experience, plenty of tricks up his sleeve for different ways to use his powers & costume (remember it's still as invulnerable as he is at this point, and the cape is super-stretchy), and no matter what era, he's always been super-stubborn in a fight, never giving up if there's even a spark of life left in him.  I'd also put the current continuity Superman in this category....a few less tricks, costume isn't a player anymore, but his power level has been amped back up and he's still as tenacious as ever.

Post-Crisis, John Byrne era is a little tougher.  He's still lower power (comparatively), and doesn't have quite as many tricky things to do with this powers.  If the "writer's choice" is taken out of the equation, it could really go either way, although Superman was getting slapped around quite a bit back then from various powerful entities.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

thanoson

Byrne Era, everybody from the last 10 years got to beat up on Supes. Which I liked. In a straight knock out fight, I give the edge to surfer. He's taken on Cosmic Beings and done pretty well. The Power Cosmic gives him a lot of tricks up his sleeve. When you break down Supes main powers it boils down to Super Strength, Speed, Heat vision, Flight, Invulnerability. He has a couple major flaws to balance him out: Weakness to magic, Weakness to psionics, Kryptonite, Not using his super speed truly in a fight(just kinda slugs it out) and the big one, dependency on the yellow sun's solar radiation to power him. Surfer has all of his abilities as well as control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. NOW, which one of Supes weaknesses does the Silver Surfer have mastery over? And you can't say he's never used the power to drain someone of their energies in a fight before as he has. He also uses his Super Speed in combat as well. Plus, I think he's combated Gladiator a couple of times in the past, so he's probably got a hankling on how to deal with Supes lvl fighters.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

The Hitman

Superman vs Silver Surfer? Pfft. I'd rather see their film actors duke it out.

Brandon Routh vs. Composite Doug Jones/Laurence Fishburne

But seroiusly, yeah, I'd tend to agree with Thanoson due to the Surfer's energy manipulation.

herodad1

i was thinking surfer for the same reasons.even the hulk doesnt stand a chance against him.even taken down thor too.i know superman's everyones golden boy, not that i dont like superman too when he's not portrayed all powerful, but he cant beat everyone.surfer would just drain his solar energy.

gengoro

Didnt this already happen with Galactus being more powerful.