News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Voice Packs list?

Started by John Jr., October 12, 2009, 08:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgehammer

Yes. That's probably the source of the other Spider-Man VP.

freegentile

Sledge & CQ, you may already know re: this, but I found some pretty useful resources @ behindthevoiceactors.com. Folks running the site were pretty nice when I queried them for some sound files.

life_matrix

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 23, 2009, 04:17:50 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 22, 2009, 04:18:01 AM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 20, 2009, 05:23:15 PM
You don't have it yet?  I thought for sure you would have had it long ago.  Do you want me to send the VP (and any others he did) to you?

Yes, yes Panther...How many did he make, anyway?  I have one called scary guy.  

From what I remember, he made Neutral_Male, Scary_Guy, Hulk, and Tough_Guy.  It's hard to verify, as they didn't originally come with txt files.  One of the four has one that actually credits him, two have just the speech.txt lines, and the fourth has nothing at all.  They're all in roughly the same format, so they should all be the same source.

I see from the Archived copy of the Electric Freedom site (http://www.electric-freedom.com/voicepacks.html) that George Ledoux also made a Tick Voicepack. And all his voice packs, as well as others used to be hosted on that site. But even Archive.org can't retreive them.

I understood that Neutral_Male can be found inside the Legion Mod (and/or the DC Universe mod). But I guess the rest of those voices are not available anywhere else? (Perhaps in EZVoice pack or a mod?) It was not answered definitively whether Ledoux's voices can be found in VPMAX, let alone the rest of those on Electric Freedom.

And I don't suppose that anyone could host these files again on another location without permission from joninray (Freedom Force site manager) or the voice pack originators? Then again, the distribution of voice packs seem like a murky area to me since many - though certainly not all - were compiled from copyright sources such as TV shows and video games.
"I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: life_matrix on May 07, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 23, 2009, 04:17:50 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 22, 2009, 04:18:01 AM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 20, 2009, 05:23:15 PM
You don't have it yet?  I thought for sure you would have had it long ago.  Do you want me to send the VP (and any others he did) to you?

Yes, yes Panther...How many did he make, anyway?  I have one called scary guy.  

From what I remember, he made Neutral_Male, Scary_Guy, Hulk, and Tough_Guy.  It's hard to verify, as they didn't originally come with txt files.  One of the four has one that actually credits him, two have just the speech.txt lines, and the fourth has nothing at all.  They're all in roughly the same format, so they should all be the same source.

I see from the Archived copy of the Electric Freedom site (http://www.electric-freedom.com/voicepacks.html) that George Ledoux also made a Tick Voicepack. And all his voice packs, as well as others used to be hosted on that site. But even Archive.org can't retreive them.

I understood that Neutral_Male can be found inside the Legion Mod (and/or the DC Universe mod). But I guess the rest of those voices are not available anywhere else? (Perhaps in EZVoice pack or a mod?) It was not answered definitively whether Ledoux's voices can be found in VPMAX, let alone the rest of those on Electric Freedom.

And I don't suppose that anyone could host these files again on another location without permission from joninray (Freedom Force site manager) or the voice pack originators? Then again, the distribution of voice packs seem like a murky area to me since many - though certainly not all - were compiled from copyright sources such as TV shows and video games.

I have George's ToughGuy, ScaryGuy, Hulk and neutralmale VPs...I don't think I have his Tick VP, though.  I got most of them from a Yahoo Group, I believe (not sure about that, though)...I started making my VP ID list after Electric Freedom went down (IIRC).  I have almost every one of the VPs from that site, though.

I'm currently hosting Glitch Girl and Xaphan's VPs (with their permissions)...I just don't have the link handy, at the moment.  I also have Zetor's VPs (also with his permission) at my Yahoo Groups.  I've tried to make as many VPs available as possible over the years I've been involved in FF (even making 20 or so VPs myself).

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

For future reference, the VP ID list is available at my first few Yahoo groups and at the FRP forums.

Dana