News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

New Game vs used game?

Started by DireWolf, October 09, 2009, 03:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DireWolf

As someone who's thinking of taking the plung (the buddy accss gave me a taste...) I have a simple question, does anyone know if you can use a used verson of the game to set it up on your machine, then use your own account, or does it have to be a new copy from the stores?

Thanks! :direwolf

BentonGrey

I BELIEVE that as long as you have the key, it doesn't matter if it's used or new.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Alaric

Quote from: DireWolf on October 09, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
As someone who's thinking of taking the plung (the buddy accss gave me a taste...) I have a simple question, does anyone know if you can use a used verson of the game to set it up on your machine, then use your own account, or does it have to be a new copy from the stores?

Thanks! :direwolf

You'll need a unique product key attached to your account, which you can only get by purchasing a new copy. Once you have that key, it doesn't matter whether the software came from the box you purchased or not, but you'll need to make the purchase to get the key.
Fear the "A"!!!

Alaric

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 09, 2009, 03:38:43 PM
I BELIEVE that as long as you have the key, it doesn't matter if it's used or new.

The key attached to your account has to be unused- otherwise, when you try to attach it to your account, you'll get a "key already in use" error.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Alaric on October 09, 2009, 03:40:48 PM

The key attached to your account has to be unused- otherwise, when you try to attach it to your account, you'll get a "key already in use" error.

I meant CD key, but I'm not even sure if they are distinct entities.  Is there just one key, which is for an account?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Alaric

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 09, 2009, 03:41:52 PM
Quote from: Alaric on October 09, 2009, 03:40:48 PM

I meant CD key, but I'm not even sure if they are distinct entities.  Is there just one key, which is for an account?

I'm talking about the product registration key, which you have to manually add to your account in order to play. You can actually have multiple product registration keys attached to one account, though in most cases this is simply a waste of money- the only exceptions being if one or more of the keys came with some sort of extras attached, which currently would not be the case, anyway. You cannot have the same product registration key on multiple accounts, however.
Fear the "A"!!!

UnkoMan

Also, you don't actually need a CD at all. I haven't even looked at my physical copy, other than to check for my activation code.

Sooo... yeah.

DireWolf

goot it, thanks guys.

looks like you may be seeing me in game soon...