News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ewzzy's Art

Started by Ewzzy, October 11, 2009, 12:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewzzy

I'm retired from skinning but I'm still an artist. I've been working on a project for a friend. It's an adaption of Purcell's If Music be The Food of Love into poster form. The design is based on an incredibly old postcard that quotes the similar opening of Twelfth Night. Here are my first two days work.

And here is where I am now on day three.

It's a big jump visually but really all I did was add textures to the shapes I had drawn in Illustrator. It isn't "super" but I thought you guys might be interested in what I'm doing. What do you think?

murs47

Very nice and very fitting. My one recommendation would be to remove the painting in the upper left and move the text one line-space up. This should give you some much needed negative space because your composition is very crowded. I think you did an excellent job on the female figure. Very accurate proportions and great form on her action. Lookin' forward to the final result ^_^

Ewzzy

I can't take credit for the form. It's almost verbatim from the old postcard. I've posted some updates today on my blog. Check them out.

murs47

Looks good. I like the 2nd one most 'cause the smoke doesn't distract from the text.

DrMike2000

Is the old postcard an Alphonse Mucha, by any chance?
He's one of my favourite artists - a brilliant blend of opld world elegance and an almost comic-like ink style befroe comics even existed.

I really like what you've done with it. Although I have to say the second image in your WIP images works better than the more advanced painted one. The simple graphic style reminds me of Erte, a more recent art nouveau artist - sort of like "What if Mucha was inked and finished by Erte?"

Very cool stuff.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com