News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

"Crafting"

Started by Xenolith, September 17, 2009, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I'm not happy with the crafting system.  I'm level 20, and I maxed out my crafting skill at level 18.  I have to be level 21 before I can buy another 100 crafting skill points.  This is important because the stuff I can make up to level 21 is generally worse than the stuff I get through missions.  Unless there is a super awesome reason to be crafting at level 40, I see no reason to bother with this.  I know for previous characters I played during beta that you can begin to create awesome, customized items based on the properties you attach to the item, but I was never able to compare the crafted items with dropped items because the testing process stopped and my charaters were wiped out.

Any thoughts?

UnfluffyBunny

items that require over 200 ability are either unequipable before level 21, or are consumables that would unbalance gameplay at lower levels.

Reepicheep

I didn't even craft the things you're meant to craft.

Only because I'm lazy, though. Haven't decided whether or not it's useful. Won't craft with Sentryman, I don't think.

UnfluffyBunny

i craft on all my characters now, tho I take care to pick a crafting school that's going to be useful to the stats I want.

try using this info:

highest -> lowest focus:

Arms
Primary Ulitity
END-EGO-INT
Secondary Utility
CON-END-EGO
Primary Defense
CON
Secondary Defense
STR-DEX-REC
Primary Offense
STR-DEX-REC
Secondary Offense
CON-STR-DEX

Mysticism
Primary Ulitity
EGO-INT-END
Secondary Utility
EGO-PRE-INT
Primary Defense
PRE
Secondary Defense
EGO-END-INT
Primary Offense
REC-DEX-STR
Secondary Offense
PRE-REC-STR

Science
Primary Ulitity
INT-END-EGO
Secondary Utility
INT-END-CON
Primary Defense
PRE-CON
Secondary Defense
INT-END-EGO
Primary Offense
DEX-REC-STR
Secondary Offense
REC-DEX-CON

Xenolith

Are the items that can be crafted after I've reached level 21 superior to the dropped or mission reward items of approximately the same level?  If not, I'm not going to bother with this anymore.

UnfluffyBunny

i've found that if you're in the right tree, the items you craft are 90% of the time superior, a level 10 tank with a 20str primary offensive is pretty much better than any drop you'll find

GhostMachine

My big problem with crafting has to do with power replacers. There are far too many power replacers you get for dual and single blades from missions, yet they still have crafted for those and don't seem to have any for certain other powers until much higher levels. There also seem to be plenty of crafted PRs for Archery and Munitions, too. My highest lvl hero so far is a lvl 15 Power Armor/Might hero (Beatdown is the only Might power he has so far, though) named Cyberknight X and the only Power Armor replacer he can make and actually use only affects Wrist Bolter and Mini-Gun, not all the Power Armor attacks.

As for overpowered.....Qularr Pistol. I actually had two of them drop (one for lvl 1s, one for lvl 4s) while doing the tutorial on my Munitions hero, Midnight Crusader, and I don't see him unequipping the lvl 4 one (I used the other to get mats for crafting) for a long time. (He's lvl 7 and can make other replacers, but they don't seem to be as effective - and the regular frag grenade seems to be better than the Crybaby grenade he can make)