News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

what is freedomreborn?

Started by bearded, September 14, 2009, 12:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

someone very recently questioned the identity of one of our "new" members, and i wanted to follow suit, i wanted to know who he is also, and then i realized.  this is a much better question.

what does freedomreborn mean to you?

i ask this of the "new" member, as well as the new ppl, and all the regulars, and expecially the Titans and mods. 

What is Freedom Reborn?

herodad1

whats FR to me?its a place for me to go too and peacefully talk to people that love comics the way i do.its a place full of amazing people with so much imagination and talent.there are alot of good people in this forum.people who have taken a fun game and transformed it into a childhood dream come true.dont know if this is what you were looking for but its how i feel about FR AND FF. :)

style

Herodad1 you answered perfectly!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

AfghanAnt

I'll admit, I can be difficult and I do have a bad habit of pushing buttons but it should never be seen as an attack. It's just personalities clashing - like sibling. We may not all agree or even want to see eye-to-eye on certain subjects but we are all here for a common reason - Freedom Force.

So what does FR mean to me? Home.

Cyber Burn

fr is my escape. it's someplace where i can "geek out" and not get ridiculed for it. i've met some really friendly people here, and a few not so friendly people here. this is my happy place, and i appreciate everyday that i am able to be here.

doctorchallenger

It is a place I can dream - dream of being a writer or artist of superhero stories, or just dream about superhereos in general.  And with skoping (which I find I can do reasonably decently when time permits), skinning (not so much, but Istill dabble) or modding (a fond wish, but I just don't have the time), as well as just chatting about howgreat superheroes are in general, I can realize those dreams, even in the smallest fashion. It's like being able to give back to something that has given me so many hours of joy.  Further, while I have had a run-in with others here and there, mostly I have found the place populated with decent folk. It's a nice comfy place to come, like a favorite bar.

docdelorean88

Freedom Reborn is a home for FF fans, or anyone for that matter! We come here to celebrate the ability to make art(thankyou to the skinners, meshers, actual artists in the fanart section, etc.), aswell as talk to a community who cares about the same things we do. FR is a place where everyone can feel free to speak their minds without fearing to be ridiculed. Everyone's comments cover my feelings, so i won't repeat anything extensively, but, AA said it well, there may be a clash of personalities, but it is only natural with so many people! Also as AA said, we're like siblings, which means we make up after fights too. Welcome Home!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

chuckles

It's home for me as well, and when I'm stressed I click my ruby work boots together, and quote Dorothy.

Okay...It's a place where one can sit around in ones boxers, and enjoy social interaction (with some awesome folks)...without sharing ones cookies. :D

?AMEON

To me it means a lot .. to have gathering point's for
shared interest's .. for Example i got a Tarantula not
long ago and so i joined a Tarantula Keeper's Forum
and i got a lot of help and support from there ^^
And it is an added bonus to meet other's who share
one's interest's.

I have been in to ComicBook's since the day my Dad
Showed me a Hulk Magazine on a ComicBook stand,
I was around 5 year's old i think, at the time and the
memory is still a strong one ... alas i came to this
forum late,Should of gotten here sooner .. put the FF
on the Shelf a few year's back and was since
distracted with other Games ... didnt think i could
play it on my Current CPU till i recently gave it a
shot .. and after some patching it worked ^^
And now im hunting'Collecting all the Skin's/Meshes
i can get hold of ... and and and ... =P

Later on i would like to get in to making some
Custom Skin's of my own and potentially even
some Meshing.

Hepp .. hope i didnt write too much   :ph34r:

Tomato

I'm gonna be a bit wordy with my answer, so don't be suprised if I end up splitting my post... PS3 will only let me type so much at once.

I actually thought long and hard about this back during the whole IPS thing... I don't want to start that topic all up again, but suffice it to say there was a very real fear that the FR/FF community was going to dissolve. That scared me, more then anything else ever has. I mean, we've been hacked before and all but it's always been like "we'll just chill over on FCE until they set back up." but for whatever reason the moment I found out what happened... there was this thought like "we may never come back from this"

I've probably been with this community longer then most... I was on the skindex boards back when Gryphon and Darkjared were the shiznit of FF. I was a part of Electric Freedom back when GG and Ink were lowly skinners... (Continued)

Tomato

I've been a part of dozens of boards and communities (not to mention more then one forum I've administered) and none of them, not a single one, has drawn me back the way you guys do. Every time I think I'm never gonna post any more FF content, something inevitably draws me back here.

I've been a military brat most of my life, I've been torn away from so many friends that at one point I became so insular and isolated I wouldn't talk to anyone. But through all of it this forum has been the one constant place of refuge and comfort I've had. I'm not really one for sappiness, but you guys cannot fathom what that has, and still does, mean to me.

lugaru

Same here, it is the only board I keep going back to for comic talk, games and movies. It does not hurt that it also supports one of my alltime favorite games.

Thunder

I have nearly no time to devote to FF anymore.  But FR is a very important entity.  As one of the original Titans that helped found this place, I am honored ond proud of the community it has blossomed into.  I am paraphrasing the actor John DeLancie (Q from Star Trek:TNG) when I say "most groups are so exclusive, that only certain people are included.  But this group is so INCLUSIVE no matter where you come fom, what you do, and who you are you have a home with this group."  I am glad this community is still going strong and have been happy to be a part of it.

deano_ue