waiting...too...long....gasp

Started by detourne_me, September 14, 2009, 08:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

does anybody else have to wait an insanely long time at the first loading screen?
I just waited over 10 minutes on the startup screen with the fire gorilla.
Then as soon as i get in-game theres a notice that in ten minutes the servers will go down for two hours.
Then Grond spawned in the middle of a level 8 zone in the desert.

not too happy.

Reepicheep

*Hugs Detourne_you*

I was struggling to get in too the other night. Tried twice and the loading bar got stuck on the last few inches. Changed to my Alt and got in as usual, but had serious lag issues. So I stopped playing.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 14, 2009, 09:42:06 AM
*Hugs Detourne_you*

I was struggling to get in too the other night. Tried twice and the loading bar got stuck on the last few inches. Changed to my Alt and got in as usual, but had serious lag issues. So I stopped playing.

Yeah, I had some similar problems.  I got kicked out while I was playing with some FS people, then had the same stuck loading bar thing when I tried to get back in.  Obviously they are still sorting out some fairly major bugs in the system.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Xenolith

There was a server crash or something like that for about a half hour yesterday.  I read about the event on the Champions forums.  You might have been caught in that mess.  I was exiting the Power Plant and the game locked up.

detourne_me

Yeah, there are a LOT of bugs in this game actually.  from the bottlenecked graphics to the crazy load times.  also I think the steam version (which i have) has an outdated launcher, as i have to click the "patch" button in order to play the game.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I've had more than a few CTDs or worse, but I'm enjoying the game despite that.  Plus, they seem to be working hard to improve it in multiple ways.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/