News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

HeroForce

Started by AfghanAnt, September 13, 2009, 03:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Released Corpirate and Mad King, aka 2/3 of Team Gents (there's a team name for the two of them, but I'd rather keep things here PG)

Outcast

Hmmm...i'm not sure if i can post this here. If it's not the proper place, then my apologies in advance.

I just noticed that the works of "The Ultimate Evil" is missing at HeroForce? How come? :huh: :unsure: Any chance of them returning?

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, it's been like that for a while now, I want to say at least a Month, maybe more. As for the "Why", and the "Will they return", I'm guessing only TUE could answer those questions. So for now, I'll just wish him well on whatever endeavor life's journey is taking him on, and hope that someday he'll come back to visit.   

Podmark

I noticed that a while back too, I don't recall him saying anything to me but I'm sure he has his reasons. There's always a place for him on HF of course.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Neros Urameshi

I was wondering about the characters from the cancelled Freedom Force Secret Origins Mod. Which ones are good and which ones are bad?

Good:
Miss Amazing
Black Bird 
Iron Ox
Supercollider
Bullet (Duh!)
Sea Urchin (Duh!)

Evil:
Macrowave
Swan
Deja Tu
Bacchus
Cole Fox
Thom Tyson
Archaniss

Also, I'd like the skins and/or meshes of all the characters from the cancelled mod.

Tomato

So normally I just announce releases and site updates on my skin thread, but due to some... issues with the nav bar (mainly that the main page was borked) I've taken it upon myself to tidy up. I took the liberty of removing TUE from the nav bar for the time being, since there's nothing there to link to anyway (I did save a copy of the original nav bar in case he comes to his senses later though).

That having been said, I feel like we should probably do some internal stuff to make the process easier in the future. The way things are currently designed, every member's index page has to have the nav bar modified manually whenever we need to adjust it back and forth, and I know there's a way to set it up so all the nav bars link to a single file... but I just don't have the time to figure that out before I have to go to work.

Podmark

Geez Tomato, we generously allow you to join the site and now you go making changes like you own the place  :angry:

But all honesty that's great! Good to see the old site getting some love. I sent you the design files I had from the beginning, but I'm not sure they have what you're looking for.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

It's what I needed. The nav bar is easy enough to futz with, but I needed the sources to make/modify some of the images on the index page.

Tomato

All right, done what I wanted to do with it. I'd have preferred another way of dealing with it, but the nav bar is all sourced to one file now via iframes (yay for no more editing every page to add/remove a name), and I tweaked the index page, both to give myself a proper banner, and because the spacing was off and the old banners stuck out a few pixels past the nav bar and it bugged the hfil out of me.

Also, while I was at it I restored the link to AA's stuff (if he wants to remove his stuff he or I can delete it, but with FFU being gone I'd rather make it more convenient to get to the files he left on HF) and despite removing all links to his rotten, decayed corpse of a page, I made the same modifications to TUE's page as I did to everyone else's, JIC he wants to re-upload his old stuff at some point*.

I'd recommend everyone who still uploads to HF download the updated html files, so there's no chance of accidentally breaking the site.

*I did message him about it while I was putting everything together. We'll see what happens.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Neros Urameshi

Isn't anyone gonna answer my post regarding Freedom Force Mod: Secret Origins?

Tomato

No Neros, because that's a question specifically for Afghan Ant. That was his personal project, not one involving the entire website. Those of us who are still active (me, pod) had no knowledge of it and we're not involved, and thus cannot answer your question.

My advice, try to contact AA directly. Posting here is unlikely to get you any answers whatsoever.

Tomato

So I'm starting to do some work on the back end of Heroforce in preparation for some fairly substantial site changes... testing layouts, changing the sizes of the banners on the front page, making changes to the menus, etc. If you load the site and things look a little wonky (especially on the front page) it's probably just accidental spillover from what I'm doing. If the site itself starts being affected let me know and I'll fix it.

Tomato

So Heroforce just got a much needed facelift* to make room for some new faces for the site. There's a few teases for some stuff that's not quite ready to roll out yet (it was easier to do the planned additions all at once), but we're proud to announce that Death's Jester has been officially added to the site. I've also updated my sidebar image for my skin page in preparation for uploading Atomik this weekend.

*if you're having trouble viewing the changes, CTRL-F5 will force reload

SickAlice

I fixed two of Ink's works for you. Spider-girl's textures had the alpha channels set to #000000 instead of #ffffff making it invisible. Black Cat was missing most of the textures and the female reflection was from Wonder Woman. Here's the fixed files for you.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/blackcat_fur_cords.zip

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/Spider-Girl.zip

Tomato

TY, I'll get those updated in just a second. Saw your post earlier, but was having issues with getting FR to load. DJ's page has also been updated.

SickAlice

Having the same issue so it's not on your side if you need to know. Welcome and sorry again, I meant to fix that Spider-girl texture for you years ago it just fell out of memory at some point for me. I'd never seen the Black Cat one before, love the rope climbing animation on that one.

SickAlice

Are you guys having bad server issues and if so do you know what's going on?