News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A few questions

Started by GhostMachine, September 12, 2009, 02:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

Got the game, but couldn't find any answers in the manual, so I have a few questions:

1. How do you drop an object you pick up to use as a weapon?

2. Is there any way to make weapons visible in the character creator? (I made a dual blades/munitions hero and had to pick and color the weapons blind)

3. Can you sell power-ups you find, or just trade them with other players?

4. How do you take screenshots?

Figure Fan

I just figured out one, which basically is to press 'z' to throw it. Maybe there's a way to just drop it, but I'm not sure..

UnfluffyBunny

if your strength (or ego if you have telekenisis) is high enough, when you move to an object you'll get a message saying "press z to pick up -item-" in which case all your skills turn into a close range hit, or press z to throw (must target an enemy, even if you throiw directly at an enemy and it hits the right area, if the enemy isnt targeted it wont count)
*note, you may fly / superjump, or use superspeed while carrying an object, if you have the power activated before picking up the object, you cannot teleport, dig or swing"

unfortunately there is no way to make the weapons visable, there is this thread on the main forums which lists the appearance of most:
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=55738
but you need to look through, and the images on the first page often run out of bandwidth

you can sell power-ups to any crafting trainer, or there is a general store guy in certain areas, look for the peple with blue globes above their heads

PRINT SCREEN!! or alt+ print screen to save as a TGA with no UI/HUD (I think shift+print screen -may- save as a jpg but not sure.
images are saved to where you have the game installed, in the directory champions online\Champions Online\Live\screenshots

(if you use steam try something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\champions online\Champions Online\Live\screenshots )

UnfluffyBunny

quick question of my own, where the hell did the "mage style" collars go? I know I had them once, and now I have no idea @_@

Carravaggio

short hair and cowls under head type, I believe

Carravaggio

Another question...
If I join one SG as a character, does that dedicate all my characters to it? Some games force all your toons into one guild.

Reepicheep

No, you can belong to various SGs.

Blkcasanova247

What's the deal with folks having travel powers at first lvl? I've seen it now a couple of times.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

GhostMachine

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on September 16, 2009, 12:12:26 PM
What's the deal with folks having travel powers at first lvl? I've seen it now a couple of times.

Didn't one of the pre-order exclusives from someplace (Gamestop?) include the ability to take a travel power at lvl 1?

(Incidentally, I didn't pre-order and got my copy of the game from Gamestop and it still included the dragonfly airfoil back piece)

UnfluffyBunny

there's a bug that sometimes turns your second attack into rocket boots if you equip the qularr pistol (most commonly affecting 2 gun mojo)

BentonGrey

They still haven't fixed the power replacer customization yet, and this annoys me.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomsense

Yea, the gamestop preorder gave us anti-grav boots. Its a device and allows a slow fly though I think it only goes so far above a surface. Comes in kinda handy sometimes.
Vector (Gravity/Kinetics) - Freedom
Howitzer Howard (Blaster) - AFBL: Skyway City Towers
Althea Haven (Illusion/Force Field) - Freedom (The New Assembly)